3. Line Directional Thrust:Curved, Straight. Horizontal, Vertical, and DiagonalShape Naturalistic, Geometric. (the Golden Mean)Space / Size spatial Proportion or ScaleValue Light, Dark.(Arial Perspective)Color Hue, Chroma, and Value. ( The Color Wheel)Texture Rough, Smooth, Soft, Hard.
4. Unity Ties elements together.Harmony Within each element and as a whole.Rhythm Variety and Repetition, pattern.Contrast Alternation.Dominance Center of Interest, Focal Point
5. Simplicity Focal Point The Rule of Thirds Movement Pattern/Repetition Golden Mean Proportion Lines Balance Framing Mergers
6. Focal Point Movement Pattern/Repetition Proportion
7. Unclutter The Rule of Thirds Frame your view Get up close Look for stronglines and shapes
11. Filling the framewill help simplifythe photograph
12. Notice narrow depth of field
13. Imogen Cunningham
14. -divided photo into thirds, placing thecenter of interest in intersections.
15. - static and less interesting (X)
16. - see the full shadow
18. University of Auckland, NZ
19. Auckland, NZ
21. Cades Cove
23. Never cut theHorizon in half.Divide sky or waterby thirds.
24. The Golden Mean produces aharmonic effect that isfound in nature as well as in awide variety of worksof art. Artists of various periods and cultures havefound that dimensionsdetermined by this formulaare aesthetically appealing.
25. Continue to Composition Part I-A C 2012 Julie Sikes-Speir