2. Some people forget toSome people forget to turn the camera
forturn the camera for
3. Hold the camera steady andHold the camera steady and just
move your finger to snapjust move your finger to snap pictures or
you will get photospictures or you will get photos like this.like
4. ComposingComposing Look through your viewfinder,Look through
your viewfinder, compose, then take three stepscompose, then take
three steps forwardor zoom, zoom, zoom.forwardor zoom, zoom, zoom.
7. CROP CROP CROPCROP CROP CROP
8. CROP CROP CROPCROP CROP CROP
9. Nice photoNice photo
10. but two competing places to look,but two competing places
to look, two fairly equal focal points.two fairly equal focal
11. Better Or Worse?
12. BetterBetter OrOr Worse?Worse?
13. BetterBetter OrOr Worse?Worse?
15. BB EE TT TT EE RR
16. Notice theNotice the triangulartriangular
17. Watch for Competing Images.Watch for Competing Images.
Where do you look in thisWhere do you look in this picture when
there are 3picture when there are 3 fairly equal faces?fairly equal
27. Dont center everyDont center every subject you
photograph.subject you photograph.
28. Dont have the subjectDont have the subject looking at the
wall orlooking at the wall or closest edge of the photo.closest
edge of the photo.
29. Notice the photo is cropped, theNotice the photo is
cropped, the subject is not centered, the rule ofsubject is not
centered, the rule of thirds is used and he has space tothirds is
used and he has space to look into.look into.
30. What doWhat do you thinkyou think about thisabout this
photo?photo? Good orGood or bad?bad? ExplainExplain..
31. How Important Is theHow Important Is the Angle?Angle?
People normally see things from headPeople normally see things from
head high.high. What if you laid on your back and tookWhat if you
laid on your back and took pictures?pictures? What if you stood on
a ladder?What if you stood on a ladder? Would these present a new
andWould these present a new and interesting viewpoint?interesting
32. TopTop DownDown ViewView
33. The camera was held near the knees pointing up.
34. TheThe cameracamera was heldwas held above theabove the
headhead pointingpointing down. Dodown. Do the anglesthe angles
make themake the photosphotos moremore dynamicdynamic??
35. This is an interesting angle but there is nothing to give
perspective and the power lines are annoying merges.
36. Good angle or bad?Good angle or bad?
37. What do you do aboutWhat do you do about
38. Some photos establish the setting.Some photos establish the
39. OtherOther ss focusfocus onon subjecsubjec t andt and
40. Posed orPosed or
41. not posed?not posed?
42. AvoidAvoid MergesMerges They are thingsThey are things in
thein the backgroundbackground that take yourthat take your eye
away fromeye away from the subject.the subject. Theres a carTheres
a car and a person inand a person in this mans hat.