3. 3 Areas of Integration Strategic Integration Channel & Audience Integration Message Integration
4. 1. Strategic Integration84% of Facebook fans are current customers! (DDB) Facebook tries to keep the brand top-of-mind amongpeople who have opted-in Email tries to keep the brand top-of-mind among peoplewho have opted-in The Facebook people in your company, and the email people in your company should be theSAME people
5. MetricsMetrics are similar, with different names: Email subscribes = Facebook likes Email unsubscribes = Facebookunsubscribes Email opens = Facebookimpressions Email clicks = Facebook feedback Email forwards = Facebook shares
8. Advanced Metrics with PageleverPagelever.com
9. Integrated ROI New cross-channel GoogleAnalytics determines true impactof each channel http://ar.gy/multichannel
10. Facebook Valuation via Email If you know your email investment, you can model Facebook value http://ar.gy/Facebook (free worksheet)Cost of 2 cents per email sent25% open rate = 8 cents per open Determine TRUE cost per email sent1,780,904 post views/month Multiply by open rate = Facebook value of $142,472 Equals true cost per email view Value each Facebook post view event to find monthly value of Facebook
11. Scheduling Use email time of day testing to optimize Facebook status update schedule Test nights! Use email day of week testing to optimize Facebook status update schedule Test weekends!
12. 2. Channel & Audience IntegrationOne method of contact isnt enough. Your goal should be to build a touch point corral around your best customers. Email subscription Facebook like Twitter follow This is how you know youre doing SMS sign up something right as a loyalty marketer! .more
13. Email Opt-ins on Facebook Use your Facebook landing tab asan email opt-in opportunity Test putting free content orspecial offers behind a fan gatewith email sign-uphttp://facebook.com/ConvinceConv ert
14. Facebook Likes on Email Thank You Promote your Facebook page on email thank you auto-responder When they are in the mood to like you, ask them to like you!
15. Email Opt-ins on Facebook Encourage a Facebook like inthe email unsubscribe process Try to maintain at least onetouch pointLike Us
16. Email Subscriptions via Social Log-in Companies like Janrain serveunified log-in and databasebuilding systems Convenience for your sitevisitors Steady stream of dataattributes for your company
17. Use Social Functions in Email to Segment Audience Most email providers have somesort of share with your socialnetwork button Track the subscribers that clickthis button and build a socialmedia active database segmentfor future usehttp://ar.gy/emailblog (great email blog)
18. Include Best Performing Email Products in Facebook Store F-commerce is easier than ever Integrate email with Facebook storefor special fan-only offers Test social threshold deals
19. 3. Message IntegrationSuccessful content in email can be used in Facebook, and vice- versa Drive behavior whereversubscribers are comfortableperforming it Demonstrate integration andunification at the message level
20. Headlines Use email subject line testing to optimize Facebook ad headlines The reverse also works Consider ABCD subject line test in email (if your list is bigenough) Facebook also enables multiple ads
21. ImagesImages have a sizable impact on click through rate for Facebook ads Test multiple images (in combination with headlines) to determinebest image for email Note: This might also work with Google+, using different imagessent to different circles
22. Content Ideas Use the speed and interaction of Facebook to source content for email and your website Contest not usually necessary just ASK
23. Bring Facebook to Email Popular and interesting statusupdates from fans can becomenot just sponsored stories asFacebook ads, but emailcontent too.
24. Real-time Email Push Given the way Facebooks Edge Rank (and now GraphRank) formula works, likes and comments are critical to yourcontent being above the fold or at all Status updates that are successful could be emailed (sameday) to boost interactions even more, growing Edge Rankfor the brand
25. Cross-posted Email Components Individual, popular pieces of an email newsletter can also be repurposed as Facebook status updates Provides a second touch point for some customers Gives the ability for instant interaction boosting Edge Rank
26. 3 Areas of Integration 17 specific killer integration opportunities How many are you doing today? Do not tackle all of these at once Tier the opportunities, and implement/test 2-4 to start Remember, your Email people and your Facebookpeople should be working closely together or be thesame people
27. Jay Baer Convince & Convertwww.convinceandconvert.com www.jaybaer.com@jaybaerFacebook.com/ConvinceConvert Free chapter:http://ar.gy/now