- The Roundtable for Consumers & Brands
2. Why Engagement Marketing?
- Separate presentation done on the what of Engagement Marketing
- This one is about the why is it good for me question from Brands
- But quickly, Why is it important in the first place?
- The internet makes them God
- Co-creator, Co-designer, Co-producer, Co-inventor
- One-way Marketing messages that treat Consumers as passive are passe
3. 1. A perennial source of ideas on what consumers would really like from the Brand
- Expand your pool of creativity & innovation beyond your companys borders
- You have thousands, if not millions, thinking for you
4. 2. An instantly available focus group you can reach out to help with your decision-making
- Handy, quick decision-support
- So many decisions to make, so little time!
5. 3. A way to measure and optimize your ad campaigns in traditional media
- All you have to do is ask
- Optimize the gazillions you spend on advertisement without a clear understanding of its impact and effectiveness
- Pre-testing, Post-testing, Campaign Ideation
6. 4. A great audience to help you with Product Testing before launch
- This is an audience that cares about your Brand!
7. 5. A highly impactful PR channel
- When your involvement is trust-generating, you dont just have a PR team anymore, you have an army!!
- Impact extends to the offline world too!
- Common worry: What if it is negative vibes?
- Wouldnt you rather be there to address the reasons for the negative vibes and tackle the problem before it becomes a crisis?
- Imagine the positive goodwill you will gain when you deal with it head-on and turn the tide
- Will the problem go away if you hide or suppress it? (lookup Streisand Effect)
8. 6. A sound way to nurture leads for your products & services
- When youre there to listen, talk, and share, you become a very personable brand.
- Your Brand gains the aura of the human touch
9. 7. A great way to share useful and fun content with consumers
- Here's an audience you know something about, an audience that is loyal to you
- Many things that can be shared
- photos or video clips of your Brand Ambassador
- free downloads of entertaining / useful / informative content
10. Brands & Religion activate the same area of the brain Martin Lindstrom,author ofBuyology Brands should make Engagement Marketing be a part of any Marketing Mix!! 11. Some reference material...
- May 2009: 7 Attributes of Engagement Marketing http://smartcrowds.com/blog/2009/05/11/7-attributes-of-engagement-marketing/
- May 2009: 7 Reasons why Engagement Marketing is good for Brands http://smartcrowds.com/blog/2009/05/11/7-reasons-why-engagement-marketing-is-good-for-brands/
- Apr 2009:The best social media marketing http://www.zeusjones.com/blog/2009/the-best-social-media-marketing/
- Apr 2009:Lever's CMO Throws Down the Social-Media Gauntlet http://adage.com/digital/article?article_id=135943
- Mar 2009:Social Media ROI http://zygote.egg-co.com/social-media-roi/
- Nov 2008:Inbound Marketing & the Next Phase of Marketing on the Web http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/4416/Inbound-Marketing-the-Next-Phase-of-Marketing-on-the-Web.aspx
- Sept 2008:Why Brand Advertisers Will Be the Biggest Beneficiaries of Social Media and How You Can Participate http://mashraqi.com/2008/09/why-brand-advertisers-will-be-biggest.html (report of a talk by Michael Lazerow)