Presentation on entrepreneurship given to Wharton Venture Capital Association and Delta Sigma Pi business fraternity.
- 1. Be Your Own Boss Discovering Your Path To Entrepreneurial Success Delta Sigma Pi Wharton Venture Capital Association - October 25, 2007
2. MORESCHOOLCORPORATE WORLDStart-Ups WHATS NEXT? 3. A person who organizes and manages any enterprise, esp. a business, usually with considerableinitiativeandrisk . Lots of work and no guarantee Who The Heck Wants To DoThat? ENTREPRE WHAT? 4. UM, YEAHME?
- Freedom Be what I want to be
Every entrepreneur has their own unique story! 5. MY CAREER PATH eBay Ticket Business, Local Business Websites, LittyHoops.com, Lame Job Interviews 1999-2003: Ann Arbor 2003-05: San Diego, CA 2005-06: New York, NY NOW New York, NY Editor at collegesports website company. and continue to work on my own Littyhoops.com Website OCSN is acquired by CSTV.First person to move to NYC Office.Work on Digital products including MMOD, Fantasy Football, Podcasting, Mobile, Blogs.CSTV Acquired by CBS. Join Sportsvite pre-launch as first company employee to run business development and marketing. 6. YOUR CAREER PATH
- Banker, Consultant, Lawyer, Trader
- Business Operating Experience
There is more than one path to be an Entrepreneur But It does take a certain type of person 7. ENTREPRENEURIAL TRAITSSelf-MotivationPassionConfidenceEntrepreneurial Spirit Attitude Multi-Talented Multi-Tasker Organizer Sales PresenterProblem Solver Skill Set You = Your Job Work = Life Lifestyle 8. INTO THE WILD
- Ideas are worth less than
9. NEXT STEPS
- Friends, Family, Charity, Opportunity
10. GET ON THE COURT Is your business a full court prayer, half court heave, three pointer, foul shot, or a Slam Dunk
Give YourselfA Shot 11. INTERESTING BUSINESS SECTORS DIGITAL GLOBAL GREEN
- Big issue for next generation
- Current difficulty to be green
12. QUESTIONS What the Heck is  Media and what do you guys do anyway?