In this MindFire webinar, Kim Gross, Director of Sales and Marketing at Pacesetter Enterprises, shares how they helped Saint Francis University significantly increase funds using marketing automation. Youll learn: -- How to use Facebook contests and Twitter messages to better engage alumni -- How data-driven personalized microsites can improve response rates -- How to integrate direct mail with other channels to increase donations To watch the webinar recording, visit: http://mindfirestudio.net/082114p To Learn more about MindFire Studio, visit: http://mindfirestudio.com
1. August 21, 2014 Driving Alumni Engagement and Donations with Marketing Automation
2. You should be able to hear us. If not, call 949-474-4418 option 2.
3. Are we recording this? Yes. Do we get a copy of the slides? Yes. All registrants and attendees will receive an email with a link to the recording and slides of this presentation within 24 hours.
4. Lets be interactive ... or send your questions here. You can use this button to raise your hand if you have a question...
5. Agenda Whats new? Case Study: Annual Fundraising Campaign for Saint Francis University Kim Gross // Director of Sale & Marketing, Pacesetter Enterprises Path to Success: How Pacesetter Enterprises Grows Their Business Q & A
6. Todays Presenters Kim Gross Director of Sales & Marketing Pacesetter Enterprises Joe Manos Executive Vice President MindFire David Rosendahl Co-founder MindFire
7. Tell us about yourself.
8. Whats New?
9. Whats your biggest need?
10. E-book: Raising $6 million Includes: Objectives Strategy Architecture Media samples Results
11. We act as an expert extension of your sales team Limited to 6 companies at a time Find out more and Apply
12. Webinars & Master Classes Insights from peer practitioners No BS or fluff Experimental formats
13. Webinars & Master Classes Insights from peer practitioners No BS or fluff Marketing Corner Experimental formats Mark Angus President & CEO
14. Designed to walk you through different stages of selling or building a multi-channel, multi-touch marketing campaign with MindFire Studio Classroom Training Register @ MindFireTraining.com Sept 10-11: MindFire HQ // Irvine, CA Sept 28-Oct 1: Graph Expo // Chicago, IL* Oct 25-30: DMA // San Diego, CA * Anytime: Your location! * Tentatively scheduled Poll: Whats best for you?
15. McArdle participated in MindFires 2 day sales training onsite at McArdle, and it was a game-changer for our team. They left the training more motivated and educated on the best practices to grow our business. It was an investment that will have a great ROI. Lisa Arsenault, President/CEO McArdle Solutions
16. Professional Services 100s of MA campaigns Project management Campaign development HTML, CSS, .js, custom dev Best-practices
17. eBook: How to raise $6 million via MA Presidents Club: Driving your sales Webinars & Master Classes Classroom Training Professional Services
18. Driving Alumni Engagement and Donations with Marketing Automation Pacesetter Enterprises, Inc.
19. Meet Kim Began working for Pacesetter in 2007 after earning a bachelors degree from Misericordia University Launched Pacesetters cross-channel marketing division Limited experience in the printing world - which has helped in the sales process Kim Gross Director of Sales & Marketing Pacesetter Enterprises
20. About Pacesetters Enterprises Established in 1986 by the late Charles O. Gross Transitioned to providing solutions sales in early 2000s Focused on the manufacturing, healthcare and higher education verticals
21. About SFU Located in Loretto, PA, Saint Francis University is a Catholic Franciscan Division I liberal arts college offering bachelors, masters, doctorate, and associate degrees in arts, business, health science, and science. Pacesetters partnered with SFU in 2013 and increased alumni donations by augmenting their direct mail and telephone campaigns with a campaign that combined personalized emails, and landing page technology. For SFUs 2014 Annual Fund Campaign, the Pacesetter team took the last years multi-channel approach a step further by integrating it with social media.
22. Campaign objectives: 1. Engage young alumni by creating a fun, relevant experience 2. Increase participation on social media sites (mainly Twitter & Facebook) 3. Increase donations from alumni
23. Target Audience: 10,000 SFU alumni
24. Strategy Engaging alumni with ongoing communications via all-year-round campaign with multiple themes.
25. Year-round Campaigns Main Fundraising Campaign Social Media Contest Giving Tuesday Campaign Xmas e-card Video Updates
26. Main Fundraising Campaign Social Media Contest Giving Tuesday Campaign Xmas e-card Video Updates
27. Video Updates Keeping alumni informed Its critical to let alumni know how their donation is making a difference. Integrating relevant video can increase overall response rates by as much as 112%.
28. Social Media Contest Giving Tuesday Campaign Xmas e-card Video Updates Main Fundraising Campaign
30. Microsite App-like interface Let your visitors find what they are interested in, faster. Image box on the right of the landing page was a scrolling box of variable links based upon the recipients interest.
31. Main Fundraising Campaign Social Media Contest Giving Tuesday Campaign Xmas e-card Video Updates
32. Social Media Contest Targeting young alumni through channels they use: Facebook & Twitter. And involving other alumni as voters to get them engaged.
33. Email 1 Informative email with all relevant details Best photos: Content, creativity, caption, and use of #SFUYA hashtag.
34. Email 2 Timely reminder With easy-to-follow instructions on how to participate to win.
35. Microsite Increase engagements Get the visitors involved with other programs.
36. Main Fundraising Campaign Social Media Contest Giving Tuesday Campaign Xmas e-card Video Updates
37. Direct Mail
38. Emails 1 & 2
39. PURL ads 1 & 2
40. Main Fundraising Campaign Social Media Contest Giving Tuesday Campaign Xmas e-card Video Updates
41. Christmas e-Card Copy to enforce Universitys values and emotional connections: As we look upon the Christmas scenes in the churches and homes surrounding us, we remember our dear patron, Saint Francis, who has a special love for the Christ Child.
42. Year-round Campaigns Main Fundraising Campaign Social Media Contest Giving Tuesday Campaign Xmas e-card Video Updates
44. YoY results 28% increase in e-mail engagement over national average 4% increase in donations 9.4% increase in pledges from calling program $40,000 increase in gifts received online
45. Q & A with Kim How? Why?
46. Youre not the same company you were five years ago... What's changed? Transformation
47. Evolution What have you learned over the last several years working with Higher Ed?
48. Customer Needs In what areas have Higher Ed customer needs changed over the last several years?
49. Higher Ed Opportunity Areas There are a number of areas of opportunity within Higher Ed. Have you focused on a single area (e.g., Alumni Relations) or are you targeting other areas too?
50. Annual Pricing Programs You have focused on providing annual cross channel, marketing programs versus one and done programs. What led you to this approach?
51. Sales Approach From a sales perspective, Universities can be difficult to navigate. What has been your point of entry and sales approach for Higher Ed?
52. Offering New Services Your use of video is interesting. Has offering video helped you grow your business? Are you using it in other areas as well?
53. Next Step You've done a great job of growing the services you offer your customers. What's next for Pacesetters?
54. Studio Launch How has the Studio impacted your approach to customers and th...