2. Social Networking in Recruitment Social networking sites have a key role to play in recruitment industry. They are well regarded as effective recruitment tools for they have changed the way recruitment takes place. Linkedin is one such site which has made the lives of recruiters easier.
3. What is Linkedin? Linkedin is a professional networking site that connects professionals from around the world, representing 170 industries and 200 countries, and where they can find, be introduced to, and collaborate with other qualified professionals that they need to work with to accomplish their professional goals.
4. How does Linkedin work? According to Linkedin, When you join, you create a profile that summarizes your professional expertise and accomplishments You can then form enduring connections by inviting trusted contacts to join LinkedIn and connect to you Your network consists of your connections, your connections connections, and the people they know, linking you to a vast number of qualified professionals and experts
5. How does LinkedIn work? Through your network you can: Manage the information thats publicly available about you as professional Find and be introduced to potential clients, service providers, and subject experts who come recommended Create and collaborate on projects, gather data, share files and solve problems Be found for business opportunities and find potential partners
6. How does LinkedIn work? Gain new insights from discussions with likeminded professionals in private group settings Discover inside connections that can help you land jobs and close deals Post and distribute job listings to find the best talent for your company
7. How do you get started? Creating a good Profile Building Contacts Getting Recommended
8. How do you get started? Creating a good Profile Make sure that you include who you are and what you do, your education background and professional experience in your Linkedin profile Update the kind of position that you work as and the type of companies that you represent Share your contact details including your mail id and contact number so that people can easily approach you
9. How do you get started? Building Contacts Import your address book from your internet mail accounts or your outlook ,find who all are there and invite them If you have a database of candidates or clients with their mail ids, make sure that you upload it on your Linkedin account to add them as your Linkedin connections Keep adding every candidate, whom you get to know constantly on Linkedin. This will help you in continuous increase of your connections
10. How do you get started? Getting Recommended Once your profile is ready and contacts lists have started building up, you need to make sure that your peers at work, your candidates and your clients recommend you Linkedin also provides a link to ask them for recommendations. Dont forget or be reluctant to use the feature.
11. How to source the Profiles? Having done the necessary groundwork, you are now all set to utilize Linkedin to its maximum potential. So, let us move onto the guidelines for using the free tools available on Linkedin to source profiles Keep updating Search for Linkedin groups Questions and Answers Searching People
12. How to source the Profiles? Keep updating Keep updating your status with the hottest requirement that you have. This allows people in your network to know the requirements that you have at present You never know that the right candidate might be someone you already know or someone who is in your network
13. How to source the Profiles? Search for Linkedin groups Search for groups which are relevant to what and whom you are looking for Identify them by company name, industry etc. There are two important things that you can do with these groups
14. How to source the Profiles? You can post jobs in these groups and directly mail to each of the group members Do not choose groups by size, but by your needs at present Make sure that you remove groups or leave groups which are not of your use, since Linkedin limits you to only 50 communities
15. How to source the Profiles? Question and Answers Keep asking questions to all your connections It is a good practice as the questions are widely read by their connections You can ask questions anytime
16. How to source the Profiles? You can ask questions like: a ) I am looking for a Java developer from Internet domain, can you refer me anyone? b ) I am hiring Java developers, can you help me in finding one? c) Can you suggest me companies where I can get java developers from banking domain? You can certainly get a good candidate or a matching profile from the responses you get for these questions
17. How to source the Profiles? Searching People Focus on simple keywords like company name or designation or say, Java if you are looking for Java developer The result might be wide but are useful. To filter the results, you can use location criteria Once you know that you have found the right profile, you can directly connect with the person if he/she is in your first level of connections
18. How to source the Profiles? For those profiles in the second and third level the best thing that you can do is to get the contact details from your first level connections When all of these do not work, look for what groups is the person, you want to contact, member of. You can also mail him if you belong to the same community
19. How to source the Profiles? Another effective way to do this is to search their names on job portals using previous companies name as combination By doing so, you might get his email id or contact number and bring them in If you still dont find a way to reach the person, better call his company board line and ask to connect Using all of these features regularly pays you in dividends by generating lots of passive candidates.
20. The Outlook With my experience in using Linkedin, I have found that most of the profiles which I usually get are unique, passive and are definitely the perfect fit for me I was even approached by some people, who incidentally saw my Linkedin profile and who needed my services to get them the right job. There are many talented recruiters out there, but its a matter of your importance and credibility that people start knowing you as a right person to approach, when they hunt jobs.
21. A word of advice Maintain strict formal relationships Use words carefully and judiciously Make people feel that their privacies are duly respected All of these would make your networking effects last long.
22. Thank You! I hope that you find the knowledge, that I shared, useful. I am sure that there might be many more ways to use Linkedin as well. But I leave that for you to find them. Any feedback or additions to mine are always welcome at email@example.com