1. WAY S T O K E E P Y O U R T E A M M O T I VAT E D C R E A T E D B Y J E S S E J A M E S J A M N I K
2. Many businesses work within the parameters of a team, but unfortunately, there will be times when some of those team members lose motivation to work the way they did when they first started off, with tremendous passion.
3. As a business leader, its important to recognize the signs that show employees are losing motivation and to know how to get them back on the right track. Here are some tips to help keep your team motivated
4. First, identify the source of the lost motivation. According to a recent article written by YEC (Young Entrepreneur Council), The first step in motivating a faltering individual is identifying the reason for the changed behavior. While its tempting to attribute the issue to boredom or laziness, theres very likely a more significant problem, (3 Ways to Keep Your Team Constantly Motivated).
5. Some factors that could be attributed to a teammates lack of motivation are: a loss of purpose, a loss of ownership, and personal problems. Knowing your teammates on an individual level is vital for figuring out whats bothering them and will help you create solutions to get them back on the right track.
6. A great way to get your team motivated is to set goals, just make sure the goals are tangible. For example, create a timeline in order to help team member meet goals that have a specific target date.
7. According to the YEC, Concrete goals with firm deadlines promote a sense of productive urgency, which establishes accountability among team members, (3 Ways to Keep Your Team Constantly Motivated).
8. In addition, make sure you provide authentic feedback to each team member regarding their own individual work.
9. Sometimes, when working with a team, people think their individuality is taken away - do not let this be the case. Every person has their own strengths and weaknesses, and will grow and be happier if you are there to help them along the way.
10. For more information on how to keep your team motivated, please read the YECs article here , published in Forbes Magazine.