The really special thing about Vine is the fact that the6 second nature of it has actually caused people tobecome more and more creative with what theycapture in the video. Just as people had to learn to domore with less with the 140 character limit of Twitter,the same is true of Vine. But, in this case, the addedvideo and audio components allow people to push that creativity further.
1. ERWIN PENLAND PRESENTS FOOD FOR THOUGHT Putting Vine in Perspective October 2013 Erwin Penland - Proprietary and Condential
2. Vine Vine launched in February of 2013 and quicklyamassed over 40 million users, making it oneof the fastest growing social platforms. Vine,like Tumblr, is popular among teens andmillennials and is a platform that theyounger set is ocking to not only because ofthe features the app oers, but perhapsalso because its a platform that their parentshave yet to discover. In addition to the growth of the app itself, Vinevideos have also proven to generateinteraction on outside channels. BrandedVines are 4x more likely to be seen than onlinevideo and approximately 5 tweets every second contain a Vine link. the stats Population Age Group 40 teens MILLION Platform Feed creative expression 5 tweets per second contain a Vine Online video 4x branded vines more likely to be seen Sources: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter/vine-facts-tips_b48833 http://marketingland.com/vine-hits-40-million-registered-users-56481 Erwin Penland - Proprietary and Condential
3. constraint = creativity The really special thing about Vine is the fact that the6 second nature of it has actually caused people tobecome more and more creative with what theycapture in the video. Just as people had to learn to domore with less with the 140 character limit of Twitter,the same is true of Vine. But, in this case, the addedvideo and audio components allow people to push that creativity further. socialTIMELINE PAST PRESENT FUTURE Erwin Penland - Proprietary and Condential
4. Not Just for Teens Thus weve seen the phenomena of the Vine Celebrity emerge. Some of these Vine Celebs are creatively inclined teens and some are actual actors, comedians and musicians who have been able to achieve massive popularity on Vinebefore they were able to do so via traditional routes.These celebs leverage the stop-motionand looping nature of the platform to showcasetheir skills through humorous takes on day-todaysituations or the environment around them. These are two of the top Viners Brittany Furlan & Nicolas Megalis, who both boast 3M+ followers on Vine. Both churn out original content constantly for their followers but have also been tapped by brands. Source: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57598951-93/vine-famous-twitters-quirky-app-unleashes-a-new-wave-of-video-stars/ Erwin Penland - Proprietary and Condential
5. Brands winning Trident tapped both Brittany and Nicholas to helppromote their Trident Layers product, leveragingsome of the things that make them unique. Brittanybrought out her catch phase and Nicholas did amusical take. Honda leveraged Vines close tie with Twitter tocreate content in real-time and engage consumersfor the promotion. Their approach was simple andcreative they asked followers to submitquestions via Twitter such as what is it like todrive a Honda for the rst time? and thenresponded back to them in real-time via Twitterwith an original piece of content. Its no secret that Lowes has made an investmentin producing content for DIYers and homeimprovement acionados. As part of thisinvestment, they leveraged the stop-motion natureof Vine to produce a series of simple but powerfulvideos that provide consumers with home repairlife hacks under their #LowesFixInSix campaign. Erwin Penland - Proprietary and Condential
6. Gravity Day General Electric is a multinational conglomerate that produces innovative products in categories ranging from energy to infrastructure. They tend to use Vine to reinforce their authority in the areas of science and innovation in a way thats more palatable for the general public. Essentially, they try to make big feel small. Recently, they did a Vine activation around Gravity Day on 9/8 with the intention of honoring Isaac Newton. They did this using a combination of GE original content, Vine Celebrity content and revine content from users to create the worlds longest apple drop. Erwin Penland - Proprietary and Condential
7. Food for Thought Food For Thought is Erwin Penland's thought leadership platform. It began six years ago witha three-day annual symposium celebrating the intersection of food, creative thinking, entrepreneurialism and social responsibility through events, discussions and of course, dining. The fully experiential gathering is crafted to inspire dialogue and debate amongprominent entrepreneurs, business leaders and creative thinkers from around the country showcasing howcreativity is paramount to success in every organization, and in fact, in life. For more information: Joe Saracino Chief Marketing Ocer Erwin Penland firstname.lastname@example.org Erwin Penland erwinpenland.com @erwinpenland on Instagram, Instagram and Vine Instagram.com/erwinpenland Food for Thought Conference foodforthoughtconference.com @tconference on Instagram Instagram.com/tconference The platform itself has been extended into quarterly client sessions, internal agency training programs, research and marketing trend presentations. Erwin Penland - Proprietary and Condential