4. 1. Only have 1 profile 2. Complete profile 3.Professionalphoto 4. Summary section is key! 5. Three recommendations 6. Make sure your profile is 100% complete 7. Clear invitation requests 8. Grow your network, constantly 9. Virtual reality = Reality reality 10. Groups & Answers! 11. Keep in touch!!
8. 2011 Words identified by LinkedIn as clichs on profiles
9. DONT DO THIS!!!
People youalreadyknow well.
People worked with in the past.
People you know professionally.
Sector leaders, professional heroes or teachers.
Follow your gut:Stranger danger !
OWN your sector
14. Leave the job information for resume
3 to 5 recommendationsminimum
Best way to get is to give them!
Be authentic, focus on value
Recommend person not company
16. Close the deal Paperwork made easy! Testimonial /evidence Goal to buy services long/short term Education: Purchase options Establish : credibility/connection
This is not Facebook
Limit your time on LI
Have a timer!
Start with 10 mins a week
Grow your network organically
21. Dont forget! Meeting name badges Business cards Email signatureCompany website
22. Business @Work
23. $80,000+ avg income 2 million company pages 116, 000 nonprofit pages 72% of users 25 54 *Nov 2011 500 million 135 M 4 M Canada
37. < Out of Date Suggestions not strategy >
Paul C. Nazareth
Manager, Philanthropic Advisory Services
Scotia Private Client Group
Instructor, Planned Giving
@UinvitedU Thank you for your time, contact me any time.