1. The US after the 2010 Census Jerry Rocha VP, Digital Media email@example.com Twitter: jerryrocha
2. Newborns Will Be Majority Multi-cultural Before 2020 U.S. Census Bureau The New Face of Opportunity
3. The Hispanic population is, indeed concentrated in certain parts of the US Source: Pew Hispanic Center analysis of Decenial Censuses for 1980 and 1990 and U.S. Census Bureau county population estimates (vintage 2000 and 2008)
4. But significant growth giving way to new Hispanic hotspots Source: Pew Hispanic Center analysis of Decenial Censuses for 1980 and 1990 and U.S. Census Bureau county population estimates (vintage 2000 and 2008)
5. % Population Growth 20002010 40% 10% 3% Hispanic Total Population Non-Hispanic White Source: U.S. Census Bureau Interim Projections August 2008. Asian American includes Asian, Hawaiian, Pacific Islanders. Other includes Native American, Aleut, Eskimo, 2 or more races or some other race.
6. These Were the Old Assumptions. Where are we now?
7. 2010 Data is coming out with the full nation by EOM the projections have been blown away! Texas grew at 41% vs. 10% California grew at 28% vs. 1.5% Oregon grew at 63% vs. 7.5% NC grew at 111% vs. 14% Alabama grew 144% vs. 5%
8. The $1Trillion Latina 24 Million Hispanic women in the U.S. 46% are between18-49 42% Single vs. 37% for Non-Hispanic* 35% Head of Household vs. 33% for Non-Hispanic 54% Employed vs. 55% Non-Hispanic* Source: U.S. Census Bureau Interim Projections Released August 2008 (based on 2010 projections); Sources: Simmons NCS/NHCS Spring 2010 FY Pop. * Based on Females. Single includes females who have never been married, are divorced or separated.
9. Moms are the Queens of The Castles Younger of Hispanic moms are between 18-34 years old compared to 25% for Non-Hispanics 43% 32% Have More Young Children of Hispanic households have kids aged 6-11 vs. Non-Hispanic households 13% Copyright Univision Communications Inc. All rights reserved. Work Hard of Hispanic moms are employed vs. 63% of Non-Hispanics 66% Relies on Brand Names Of Hispanic moms are brand loyal 66% Sources: 1) Simmons NCS/NHCS Winter 2008 FY HH Based on Women who are parents/guardian of a child. 2) Global Insight 2007 Hispanic Market Monitor 3) Yankelovich 2006
10. Hispanics Media Use Increasingly, reaching the new family means reaching Hispanics Where can you reach them? How do their media habits compare to those of non-Hispanics? The New Face of Opportunity
11. Hispanic Households Less Likely to Own Home Computer with Internet Access or Broadband Still
6 out of 10 have home computer with
Almost 6 out of 10 have broadband
Source: National People Meter Panel 1Q10 (12/28/09 03/28/10) The New Face of Opportunity
12. Hispanic Households with Home Internet Access Spend Just as Much Time on the Internet And Spend More Time Watching Online Video Monthly Time Spent in Hours:Minutes Hispanic 18-34 year-olds watch twice as much online video as non-Hispanic counterparts Source: Nielsen 3-Screens Report 1Q 2010 The New Face of Opportunity
13. Hispanic Households More Likely to Own Internet and Video-Enabled Cell Phones Source: National People Meter Panel 1Q10 (12/28/09 03/28/10) The New Face of Opportunity
14. Hispanics Spend More Time Watching Video on Their Phones Hispanics Use Cell Phones as Substitutes for Home Computer Source: Nielsen 3-Screens Report 1Q 2010 The New Face of Opportunity