1. By- Chetan Sarwade S.B Arts & Commerce College, Maharashtra, India.
2. E-commerce (electronic commerce or EC) is the buying and selling of goods and services, or the transmitting of funds or data, over an electronic network, primarily the Internet. These business transactions occur either business-to-business, business-to- consumer, consumer-to-consumer or consumer-to-business. The terms e- commerce and e-business are often used interchangeably. The term e-tail is also sometimes used in reference to transactional processes around online retail. What is E-Commerce ??
3. Flipkart was founded in 2007 by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal, both alumni of the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. They had been working for Amazon.com previously. The business was formally incorporated as a company in October 2007 as Flipkart Online Services Pvt. Ltd. It is registered in Singapore, with headquarters at Banglore, Karnataka. Flipkart has launched its own product range under the name "DigiFlip" with products including tablets, USBs, and laptop bags. You can shop for your favorite books, apparel, footwear, jewellery, office supplies, movies, TV shows and games, lifestyle accessories, baby care products, toys, posters, sports and fitness products, mobile phones, laptops, cameras, music, health and beauty products, televisions, refrigerators, air-conditioners, washing machines, kitchen and home appliances, MP3 players, beauty and personal care, automotive products and home theater systems.
4. The company was started by Kunal Bahl, a Wharton graduate as part of the dual degree M&T Engineering and Business program at Penn, and Rohit Bansal, an alumnus of IIT Delhi in February 2010. Snapdeal.com has a network of more than 50000 Merchants/Brands, and has over 20 million members (which is 1 out of every 6 internet users in the country) and caters to the shopping needs of customers across 4000+ towns and cities. They Sell The Following Products In the market like, Mobiles, Laptops, Cameras, Appliances, Womens Apparel, Mens Apparel, Watches, Home & Kitchen, Automotive and Health. Grab your favorite products at best prices and save the one thing that matters most to you - "Your Money". In June 2014, Snapdeal announced that it had achieved the milestone of 1000 sellers on its platform getting sales of over Rs 1 crore.
5. The Company was started by Jeff Bezos on 6th July ,1994.Its Head Quarter is situated in Seattle,Washington,U.S.A.He did his Bachlor of Science in Engineering in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Princeton University,New Jersey,U.S.A. They have launched Books and Movies & TV Shows and have expanded their offerings to include the Kindle family of E-Readers, the Amazon Fashion Store and various products under different categories. Customers can now buy products from popular brands across categories such as Samsung mobiles, Dell laptops, Canon cameras, Fastrack watches and many more
6. Paytm (abbreviated for PAY-Through-Mobile) was Founded by Vijay Shekhar Sharma is an Indian entrepreneur and the founder and CEO of One97 Communications.He did his B.E Degree in Electronics & Communication from Delhi Technological University. Paytm was founded and incubated in 2010 by Vijay's company One97 Communications as a prepaid mobile recharge website.Its Main Head Quarter is in Noida,India. They have over 20mn registered users. In a short span of time Paytm has scaled to more than 15 Million orders per month. Paytm started by offering mobile recharge and utility bill payments and today it offers a full marketplace to consumers on
7. eBay Inc. is an American multinational corporation and e- commerce company, providing consumer to consumer & business to consumer sales services via Internet. Pierre Omidyar founded E-bay in 1995. He graduated from Tufts University in Medford/Somerville, Massachusetts, with a bachelors degree in computer science in 1988. With 149 million active buyers globally, eBay is one of the world's largest online marketplaces, where practically anyone can buy and sell practically anything. eBay connects a diverse and passionate community of individual buyers and sellers, as well as small businesses. Their collective impact on ecommerce is staggering, and more than 700 million items are listed on eBay.
8. Myntra.com is an Indian e-commerce company of fashion and casual lifestyle products, headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka. The company was founded in 2007 by IITians Mukesh Bansal, Ashutosh Lawania and Vineet Saxena with a focus on personalisation of gift items. They offer the empowered style-savvy shopper of today up- to-date fashion apparel, accessories and footwear from brands like Nike, Puma, Forever New, Hugo Boss, Desigual, Steve Madden, and Diesel to name a few. Apart from offering unrivalled shopping experience, they help you stay stylish and in the know with high-fashion editorial content to ensure you always put your best foot forward.
9. Jabong.com is an Indian fashion and lifestyle e-commerce portal, selling apparel, footwear, fashion accessories, beauty products, fragrances, home accessories and other fashion and lifestyle products. It was co-founded by Arun Chandra Mohan, Praveen Sinha, and Lakshmi Potluri after which Manu Jain, and Mukul Bafana joined the organization. Jabong was one of the most visited e-commerce sites during the Great Online Shopping Festival 2013. Company representatives claimed that its revenues increased five to six times compared to a usual day, and that Jabong set a record for sale in the male fashion category.
10. ShopClues.com is an online marketplace, headquartered in Gurgaon, India. The company was founded in the Silicon Valley, USA in 2011.It has over 12,000 registered merchantsretail +2,00,000 products on the platform to over 42 million visitors every year across 9500 locations in the country. ShopClues is the Indian subsidiary of Clues Network Inc.,a US Corporation and was founded in November 2011 by an alumnus of Washington University and Wall Street internet analyst Sandeep Aggarwal and eBays former Global Product Head, Sanjay Sethi.
11. HomeShop18 is an online and on-air retail and distribution venture of Network 18 Group, India. HomeShop18 was launched on 9 April 2008 as India's first 24-hour Home Shopping TV channel, where anchors performed live demonstration of products. Their collection comprises over 1500 of the best Indian and international brands with an impressive mix of renowned regional brands too. So, if you're really watchful of the brands you use then rest assured; you'll definitely find your fill here. Digital: Nokia, Samsung, Philips, Apple, Sony, LG and more Clothing: Lee, American Swan, Puma, Nike, Adidas, Fabindia and more Home: Induscraft, Tupperware, Portico, Hawkins, Prestige and more They have 3000+ Delivery locations with 24*7 Customer Support
12. Pepperfry.com is one of the Indias leading furniture and home products e-commerce marketplace headquartered in Mumbai. Pepperfry is known for its differentiated product range which offers over 75,000+ products across categories like Furniture, Home Dcor, Kitchen & Dining, etc. Pepperfry.com was launched on January 3, 2012 by Ambareesh Murty (former eBay Country Manager) and Ashish Shah (former head of eBay Motors-India and Philippines). Today they are Indias No. 1 online Furniture, Home Decor and Living destination, offering more than 45000 products across categories like Furniture, Home Dcor, Lamps & Lighting, Bath & Body, Kitchen, Home Appliances, Housekeeping and Pet Supplies. Pepperfry won the Red Herring Top 100 Asia Award in 2012.