Get started using Twitter for Business today: http://14t.me/Twforbiz Twitter for Business 101 opening keynote at #twtrconSF
- 1. for Business: 101 Laura Fitton[email_address]@pistachio
2. @Pistachio? 3. 4. 5. Laura Fitton has thousands of people following her on Twitter. by consistently touching a tribe of people with generosity and insight, shes earned the right to lead-Seth Godin,Tribes 6. 7. 8. 9. Influence (was) Attract attention to yourself 10. Influence (is) Provide attention & value to others 11. 4 Word Guide to Social Media 12.
13. Social Media is Nothing New 14. Photo Credit: (cc) jerryfletcher on flickr.com 15. Social Media is Knowledge 16. Knowledge is Socially Mediated Photo Credit: (cc) fredoalvarez on flickr.com 17. Knowledge is Socially Mediated 18. Knowledge isSocial lyMedia ted 19. Markets are Socially Mediated 20. Photo Credit: (cc) gregor_y on flickr.com 21. Markets are Socially Mediated 22. Markets areSocial lyMedia ted 23. Photo Credit: (cc) matrianklw on flickr.com 24. What is Twitter? 25. 26. 27. 100 Million Tweets
28. What is Twitter? 29. Its Your Business. 30. Twitter Disrupts 31. 32. 33. http://twitpic.com/135xa 34. 35. Twitter Disrupts Human Isolation. 36. Use it Where You Think Best -IBM ThinkPad ads circa 1992 37. 38. We see an ecosystem of developers swarming around the Twitter API like moths around a flame -TechCrunch.com 39. history suggests that where there is so much user engagement, dollars follow. -Chris Dixon 40. VALUE. visibility relevance relationships social capital communityideas trust research marketing networking customer service trafficnews sales SEO 41. Externally Events Community Customer service Monitoring News Innovation Research Point of Sale Word of Mouth Relationships Branding Direct sales SEO &traffic Networking 42. Internally Sales Teams Event Planning Project Status News Coordination Interface Decentralized teams Employee Support Mentoring Problem-solving Purely Social 43. How to start? 44. By starting 45. Influence (was) Attract attention to yourself 46. Influence (is) Provide attention & value to others 47. 4 Word Guide to Social Media 48.
49. Manners 101
- Complete profile, link on your site
- Be a good conversationalist
- Listen. Respond. Be relevant. Be useful.
50. Twitter Campaigns?
51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. Best Approach?
- that work foryour organization
60. Bearing in Mind
- Produce feeds of cool, useful things
- Work to not be rejected as spam
61. Confused by Twitter?
- 500+ comparisons, case studies, how-to guides
- Add YOUR brands story, and new tips as you learn them
62. 63. ...by profession 64. 65. 66. 67. 68. 69. to promote 70. 71. 72. 73. ...Comparisons 74. 75. 76. 77. 78. how-to guides 79. 80. 81. 82. Think YOUR customersarent on Twitter? 83. Off-Platform Benefits
- Listen and Learn. (Research)
84. Get Found. (SEO)
- Even very common words DOMINATE Google (@pistachio, @dough)
- Choose the Google Adsense word youd spend your last dollar on
85. Listen and Learn. (Research)
- listening tools: monitoring, analytics
- ask questions, use #tags, recruit groups
- real-time focus groups, polls, surveys
- Global sensing and signaling network
86. Fresh Content.
- 65 million messages a day
- Widgets, embeds, filtering, search
- Thousands of ways to deliver
87. Word of Mouth
- Pass-along and ReTweet norms
- @DellOutlet: $500k to less than 1k
88. Media and PR
89. Finds You 90. Measurement
- Retweets, reposting your links
- Others pointing towards what you do
91. Business Objectives
- Measure appropriate standards
92. Will Employees Waste Time? 93. YES!! 94. Will Employees Waste Time?
96. Need more? 97. 98. Join us at 4:40 Today! 99. TFB 101 Toolkit 100. for Business: 101 Laura Fitton[email_address]@pistachio