2. If you only have a small bathroom you will be looking to maximise the most of the space in the bathroom when remodelling. There are many ways you can make a room appear larger than it actually is. So here are some great ideas for small modern bathroom designs to help get you started.
3. Simple Minimal Designs Makes the Most of Your Space Unless you have a huge bathroom you may want to stick with a simple minimal design if you want a modern bathroom design for your bathroom. Therefore you should plan your bathroom with the least amount of clutter. Only have the bare essentials in the design, such as towel rail and cabinets. You should never clutter the bathroom with unwanted objects or decorations. You can hide away the necessary toiletries in a bathroom cabinet so they are not on show. You might want to include the following ideas if your bathroom is big enough to accommodate them:
4. Use geometric tiles if tiling, preferably in a neutral light colour, and hang a mirror that is geometric shaped on the wall; Add in a long ceiling to floor mirror to add depth to the room; Consider installing a corner tub or pedestal tub instead of the oval or take out the tub and just have a walk in shower.
5. Open Up the Bathroom and Bring Outdoors In One of the ways to make a bathroom seem larger than it actually is, is to bring the outdoors in. However you are going to have to think about privacy issues here, so you may not be able to have a window with a view. You can get around this by hanging up a 3D picture window on the wall. You could have this at the side of the tub or facing the tub, depending on the layout of your bathroom. If you have enough space you could then introduce a couple of potted plants in white containers.
6. 3D picture windows are put up like wallpaper, pasted onto the wall and generally come with many choices of views. For instance you might want to give the impression of the window looking out onto a beach with ocean and palm trees or a forest. It gives the impression that you are actually looking through a window due to the 3D window effect.
7. Clever Lighting and Plenty of It A great way to make a small bathroom take on a light and airy feel in a modern bathroom design is to make sure there is plenty of light. Natural light is best and preferably plenty of sunlight. However if you don't have large windows in your bathroom you can introduce artificial lighting. You can get lighting that mimics the sun and which is said to make one feel better. You could also consider built in spotlights in the ceiling of the bathroom and for that romantic touch you could use battery lit candles to give the bathroom a glow as you bathe.
8. More ideas here: http://www.solofertas10.com/ Article: http://ezinearticles.com/?Great-Ideas- for-Small-Modern-Bathroom- Designs&id=9087292