1. Introduction to photo editingIntroduction to photo editing Present by:Daniyal javidPresent by:Daniyal javid AndAnd Khurram shahzadKhurram shahzad
2. Photo Editing can be looked at as the altering of an image to better fit ones desire. You would assume this is a good thing, giving flowers more colour, making a picture of your family stand out etc. But it can also be used to create an illusion or deception through a style of editing called photo manipulation. The act of editing photos is done through the help of an image editing application. .
3. So lets take a closer look at this PhotoShop and what it can do. The most popular one being Adobe PhotoShop
4. Adobe Photoshop, or simply Photoshop, is a graphics editing program developed and published by Adobe Systems. It is the current market leader for commercial bitmap and image manipulation software, and is the flagship product of Adobe Systems. One of the most difficult things that you have to understand about photoshop is its use of layers. This is when you have a background image and you would layer your text, and other images on top of that.
5. So, now that we are in Microsoft Paint (or MS paint), well go over the basics. These first 3 areas are very important to learn. 1) This is the toolbar and it has all the options available to alter the picture. 2) This is the navigational bar and controls options such as saving, printing or image options. 3) Finally this last area gives you options on changing things like brush size and zoom scale.
6. The toolbar The toolbar really makes MS paint what it is. This picture displays all the options that are available for image editing. Some of the most commonly used are the eraser, select, zoom, pencil and the colour chooser. I would learn these commands before anything else with the program as they are the foundation of image editing in MS paint.
7. The navigation bar The navigation bar holds all the information used to open, save, print and create new. It also allows users to do some things the toolbar does. Like: zoom edit coloursor Some of the other options that cant be done in the toolbar are inverting and rotating pictures.
8. The options palette As you can see from the picture this will let you switch between different sizes and styles of brushes. In more advanced programs like photoshop, you will be able to create and use custom brushes to make even cooler pictures. One thing I didnt mention earlier was the colour palette. This is pretty self explanatory area and just changes the colour of your brush or bucket. Now that we know what everything does, we can begin image editing!
9. Your first step will be to open the picture you want to edit. To do this go to File -> Open.. -> Image to be edited Once youve opened it you should have its picture on top of the blank white space. We are going to now try and crop out the tigers head.
10. Your first step will be to click on the free select button (blue) so that you can select just what you want. Next click anywhere around the head of the tiger, keep your finger on the mouse and pull it around the part of the picture you wish the selection to include.
11. Once you think you have what you want to select. Release the button and your selection will appear inside a little box. Now youre almost done! Copy the picture by either right clicking on the selection and hitting copy or hold the ctrl button and press the C button at the same time. Now put it on the face of one of your relatives for fun etc. The possibilities are endless.
12. Just like so
13. So now that you know the basics of editing pictures with MicroSoft Paint, upgrading to a much more practical program like Adobe Photoshop is going to be a lot easier. Easier, but not mastered. Concepts like: Layering Use of Opacity And special effects Are all very important and if you wish to continue doing graphic design are areas that need to be learnt.