The presentation is about the introduction to indoor gardening, its benefits and good practices to grow plants.
Text of The #DidYouKnow facts on Indoor gardening - Presentation 1
#DidYouKnow facts about: Indoor Gardening
• We are construction solutions company Headquartered in Bangalore. • We provide Architecture, Interior Design, Home Automation and Construction
Consultancy Services. • We have an Operations office at Udupi. • We are a team of dedicated designers and technicians with all required expertise. • Designed more than 1,00,000+ square feet in the second year of our inception.
Indoor Gardening:"Gardening adds years to your life and life to your years.“ The #DidYouKnow facts on best herbs to grow: !• Basil • Rosemary • Parsley • Mint • Oregano
!• Use: to relieve nervous disorders, headache, Rheumatic pains. • How to grow: starts from seeds and place the Pots in a south-facing window, it likes lots of sun And warmth.
• Use: Aids strong hair growth, enhances memory Function, protects brain from free radical damage, Combats fluid retention, makes hair shine. !• How to grow: Start with cutting of rosemary and keep it in moist soil mix until it roots. It grows best in a south-facing window
!• How to grow: Start from seeds or dig up a clump
from your garden at the end of the season. It likes full sun, but grow slowly in an east or west facing window.
• Use: Relieve the pain caused during menstrual cramps.
Mint juice acts as an excellent skin cleanser. Applying fresh mint leaves on the forehead relieves headache. Fights against tooth decay and bad breath and is widely used in mouth fresheners. !• How to grow: You can grow a pot or bottle of
mint year round in a sunny window.
• Use: Anti-oxidant, anti-microbial and anti-parasitic, • Enhances immune function. • How to grow: Start with a tip cutting from an
outdoor plant. • Place the pot in a south-facing window.
Tips to keep healthy garden
• Light: Provide 14-16 hours of artificial light or 6 hours of natural light a day. • Air circulation: Keep the air moving in the room that contains indoor herb garden, it
helps to control bacteria and pests. • Soil: It has to be light and have exceptional drainage. • Water: Indoor herb requires careful attention to watering , no mater if you’re herb
needs extra moisture or drier conditions, a plant sitting in a water is never good. • Pests: Spray neem water to the garden • To know more about these points, visit: http://www.gbbcs.com/category/blog/ • To know more about best cultivation practices, visit: http://indianspices.com/index.php
• Natural remedies for ant invasion • How to prevent snakes from entering garden? • Plants that repel mosquitoes • Ways to repel flies • Ways to prevent growth of weeds !
And all answers will be from gardening alone!!! !All images are from wikipedia.org & http://www.freshinterior.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/indoor-garden1.jpg , "Petroselinum" by Jonathunder - Own work. Licensed under GNU Free Documentation License 1.2 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Petroselinum.jpg#mediaviewer/File:Petroselinum.jpg, "Oreganojf" by Ramon FVelasquez - Own work. Licensed under Creative Commons Zero, Public Domain Dedication via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Oreganojf.JPG#mediaviewer/File:Oreganojf.JPG, "Basil-Basilico-Ocimum basilicum-albahaca" by Castielli - Own work. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0-2.5-2.0-1.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Basil-Basilico-Ocimum_basilicum-albahaca.jpg#mediaviewer/File:Basil-Basilico-Ocimum_basilicum-albahaca.jpg, "Mint-leaves-2007" by Kham Tran - www.khamtran.com - Own work. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mint-leaves-2007.jpg#mediaviewer/File:Mint-leaves-2007.jpg, "Rosmarinus officinalis133095382" by THOR - Flowering Rosemary. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Rosmarinus_officinalis133095382.jpg#mediaviewer/File:Rosmarinus_officinalis133095382.jpg