5 Sure Fire Ways to Rank Your Local Business to theFirst Page of Google Lickity Split!
Home SEO5 Sure Fire Ways to Rank Your Local Business to the First Page of Google Lickity Split!
0[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
1. Claim your Google My Business Page.These are the pages that show up first in Google local listings. Like thisone.
2. Make Sure Your Name, Address and Phone Number on All YourWebsites and Others (NAP)
ADDRESS LINE 1CITY,REGIONPOSTCODE/ZIP
Then place this code at the footer of your website pages. By the way you can find the Longitude andLatitude of your business here.
3. Get As Many Local Reviews As You Can!Get as many local reviews as you can. This helps rank your Google My Business Page. We are notjust talking about Google reviews but you need to get reviews from Yelp, Yellowpages and Angieslist.Here is a list of the 50 most important local directories.
The first thing you should do is to simply ask your customers to give you a review. You could even put apage on your site showing exactly how to place a review. Here is an excellent article on how to getmore reviews for your business.
4. Make Sure Your Website is Optimized for Local SEOHere are some basics:
Add your City/Region, and a relevant keyword, within your landing page title tag.Add your City/Region, a relevant keyword, within your landing page H1 tag.Add your City/Region, plus a relevant keyword, within your landing page URL.Add your City/Region, plus a relevant keyword, within your landing page content.Add your City/Region, plus a relevant keyword, within your landing page image ALT attributes.Do not forget to Embed a Google map with your business marker into your website. Here is a
website which will give you the code to embed a Google map on your website.
Make sure your website is mobile friendly. If your website is based on wordpress there are someplugins which will automatically make your website mobile friendly. Here is an article on the top 5wordpress plugins to make your site mobile friendly. Here is an in depth article on how to make yourwebsite mobile friendly. You might need a web designer for this one.
Mobile friendliness is a definite factor in your rankings in Google. It is no longer optional. Here is awebsite to test if your website is mobile friendly.
Do local links and citations for your website. Citations are simply mentions of your local business onother websites. You should focus on local based links more than regular general authority sites thoughthey can help as well. Here are some ideas on how to get more citations:
5. Make Sure Your Search Engine Listings Have High Clickthrough RatesMake sure you have high clickthrough rates when visitors see your listing in the search results. Hereare some tips on getting people to click through to your website.
Make sure you have your Schema.org on your page. Include reviews.Have clear title tags.Have a detailed and intriguing meta description. Entice your readers. Do not think just aboutSEO. Think about real people reading your descriptions and what would entice them to clickthrough.If you found this article helpful please share on social media. Thank you?
Comments5 Sure Fire Ways to Rank Your Local Business to the First Page of Google Lickity Split!
reviewed by Matthew Meyer on 2015/10/22 rated 4.9 of 5
I run this blog as well as www.thefreeadforum.com and www.quickregister.net. I am a full time internetmarketer who is still learning everyday.
Previous post Next post
5 Sure Fire Ways to Rank Your Local Business to the First Page of Google Lickity Split!1. Claim your Google My Business Page.2. Make Sure Your Name, Address and Phone Number on All Your Websites and Others (NAP)3. Get As Many Local Reviews As You Can!4. Make Sure Your Website is Optimized for Local SEO5. Make Sure Your Search Engine Listings Have High Clickthrough RatesCommentsMatthew Meyer