Text of Abstract Photography. Abstract photography is unlike most other types of photography - rules, such...
• Abstract photography is unlike most other types of photography - rules, such as composition and accurate focusing hold no values. The abstract photographer uses his (or her) creative imagination to create stunning works of art.
• Abstract photography is a popular form of art and the rewards for a good abstract photographer are worthwhile. Art buyers pay large amounts for good abstract work.
• Abstract photography is a process of using colors and patterns combined to create an image, with no true meaning or no clear subject involved.
• Abstract photography is not necessarily going to mean the same thing to everyone. Abstract photography leaves more to the imagination and helps us concentrate on texture and color rather than the whole subject.
• Abstract photography will certainly be an enjoyable challenge and very rewarding if you master the true art.
• Creating an abstract image can be easy - creating a great abstract image is difficult. One of the most simple ways of creating an abstract image is by using water and your cameras' shutter combined.
• Shooting fast flowing water, with a slow shutter speed of one second will give you a blur effect. This is quite simple to do, but will it look attractive?
• This will depend on light - shooting water with a slow shutter speed when the sun is low in the sky will give your image more attractive colors. Different films will also produce different colors.
• Adding color filters will also improve your abstract photography. If you are using a digital camera, filters can be added later with Photoshop.
• Using a slow shutter speed to shoot a flag blowing in the wind will also give you an abstract image.
• The trick to keeping abstract photography attractive when using your cameras' shutter is to crop tightly. Fill the view finder with the blur image.
• Some kinds of macro photography can be considered as abstract. Close-ups of flowers and other plant life will make great abstract subjects.
• As with shooting water - macro abstracts should be cropped tightly and the image should have a theme of color. Some street lights can also create abstract photographs.
• Every where we go we are surrounded with color, textures and patterns. Patterns make for great abstract images. New patterns are formed by nature every day and this is the best place to start to create marketable abstract photographs.
• There are no guidelines for creating good abstract images, just use your imagination along with the natural world to create your master piece.