Embed Size (px)
Autodesk Moldflow 2010 Installation and Registration Reference Guide
Quick Overview of Changes: • Product Name:
Moldflow Plastic Insight (MPI) is now referred to as Autodesk Moldflow Insight (AMI) Moldflow Plastic Adviser (MPA) is now referred to as Autodesk Moldflow Adviser (AMA)
• A version of FlexLM is now used for our license manager. For additional information on the license manager installation, please refer to step # 10.
• The supported platforms have changed. Please refer to the installation manuals located on the DVD.
• The installation DVD contains all Autodesk Moldflow products and their existing language files.
• Modules have been combined to form three different bundles for both AMI and AMA. The bundles are as follows: 1. Autodesk Moldflow Insight Basic 2. Autodesk Moldflow Insight Performance 3. Autodesk Moldflow Insight Advanced
1. Autodesk Moldflow Adviser Design 2. Autodesk Moldflow Adviser Manufacturing 3. Autodesk Moldflow Adviser Advanced
• Additional information in regards to your packages has already been sent to the
appropriate contacts at your company. • All licenses are now floating licenses.
Further details pertaining to the installations can be found on the DVD.
Installation process: The following installation instructions represent the process for installing Autodesk Moldflow Insight 2010 (AMI) on Windows XP 64. The installation process for Autodesk Moldflow Adviser and our other products is very similar.
1. Select the product that you would like to install.
2. Start the Autodesk Moldflow Insight (AMI) installation.
3. Accept the license agreements.
4. Choose the installation directory. We suggest installing in the default directory.
5. Specify the default project directory. This can either be in the user’s “My Documents” folder
or in a custom folder. We recommend specifying a local custom folder (i.e. c:\My_AMI_2010_Projects) to avoid any right access issues with accessing folders over the network.
6. Verify the Project Directory location.
7. Choose the Temporary File location.
8. These directories will be created and the product will begin the installation after selecting Install.
9. Directories are being created and AMI is being installed.
10. The license manager installation will now initiate.
11. We strongly recommend keeping the default installation directory.
12. Choose one of the following installation options for the license manager: Client and Server: allows the machine to be used as a license server Client Only: will not allow the machine to be used as a license server so it will need to be directed to a different machine that is specified as a license server.
13. If this is the license server then please note this host name for the remaining client installations. The colons behind hostname can be left as is. If this is the client machine then please specify the host name or IP address of the license server.
14. The license manager installation will begin.
15. Ensure that the following check box is selected so the registration process will begin. If you do not wish to register the product at this time then please uncheck the box.
16. Please use Windows Explorer for the registration process. If you are a new user then you may register as a new user at the following link.
17. Please fill out the following information if you are creating a new User Account. If you
currently have your login information then skip this step and simply log into the site.
18. Select the license location and click Next.
19. Enter the Serial number located on the back of the DVD case. Then click Next.
20. Enter the host name of the license server (do not to use the colons here). We will explain how to obtain the data for the Server ID field in the next few steps.
21. Select “start” then “run”.
22. Enter cmd and select OK to confirm.
23. Enter ipconfig /all and hit the Return key to confirm.
24. Use only the physical address (MAC address) of the Ethernet adapter. You may also obtain your host name information from this utility if it is not known.
25. Enter the physical address of the Ethernet adapter (without Hyphens) here. You may also notice that there is an option to choose a Network server type. Using the single server option will assign all of your licenses for that product to one machine. The distributed server option will allow you to split the licenses for the product between different machines (if you own multiple licenses for that product). We do not support redundant servers so this option should not be used.
26. At this point you will have two options available: 1. Save the file to your local machine. An email with this information will be sent to your
email address automatically. 2. You can request licenses for additional products. AMI, AMA, CADDr, MDL, and MSA are
all considered separate products so you should have received an install packet for each. All of the products can be installed from the same DVD, but you will need to register the serial number on the back of each DVD case in order to obtain a license for each product.
27. The installation for AMI 2010 and the new product security should be complete. The products should all be registered as well. You may install any additional products that you own at this point (AMI, MDL, CADDr, MSA), but it is not necessary to run through the product security install or registration process again.
28. If licenses have been requested for more than one product then we will have to combine these licenses into one file.
29. Open all of the lic files in Notepad (Right click ‐> Open With ‐> Notepad)
30. Combine all of the license files. Please pay special attention to the format used.
31. Use File ‐> Save As so that we may save the combined file as a new file. This will ensure that we keep all of our original licenses in their original format. They can be stored on your machine for future reference.
32. Save the license file in the following directory: 32 bit: C:\Program files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License 64 bit: C:\Program files (x86)\Autodesk Network License Manager\License
33. Open the LMTOOLS so that we can configure it. We require full admin rights for this step. If you are operating on Vista then you may need to right click on the application and select “run as administrator.”
34. Please ensure that the following option is check prior to continuing with the configuration.
35. Navigate to the “Configure Service” tab. The service is named “Flexlm service 1” by default.” You may assign it a different name at this point if you wish. (i.e. Autodesk Moldflow Network License Manager).
36. Specify the file path to the lmgrg.exe file. It should be in the following location if you used the recommended directories: 32 bit: C:\Program files\Autodesk Network License Manager\lmgrd.exe 64 bit: C:\Program files (x86)\Autodesk Network License Manager\lmgrd.exe
37. Specify the file path to the license file. It should be in the following location if you used the recommended directories: 32 bit: C:\Program files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\test.lic 64 bit: C:\Program files (x86)\Autodesk network License manager\License\test.lic Please ensure to include the license file in the specified path.
38. Specify a directory for the debug file. It will be necessary to create a .log file in the specified directory. The file name should have a .log file extension. (i.e. anlm_licence.log).
39. Select the following service settings and save them. Please note that you will need to check the “Use Services” box prior to being able to check the “Start Server at Power Up” option.
40. It is necessary to restart the machine at this point.
41. After the machine reboots please try to start Autodesk Moldflow Insight 2010.
42. If the software should happen to fail with a license error, open the LMTOOLS., navigate to the Start/Stop/Reread tab, and click on the Start server button.
If the software is still not opening at this point then you may need to call the technical support group at 1-800-284-3569 for additional assistance.