Vision: To reach the pinnacle of excellence through team effort, dedication, hard work and innovation in the chosen field of specialization using the cutting edge of technology to achieve that goal.
Name : MOHAMMAD HABIB RAZA
Date of Birth : 4th Nov. 1960
Address : A-1, Medical Colony, AMU, Aligarh
Phone No. : 0571-2721827, 09897879748
E-mail No. : email@example.com
(A) Educational Qualification:
Exam Passed Year Board/University Remarks
Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (F.MAS)
2013 World Laparoscopy Centre, India Pass
M.S. (General Surgery) 1986 Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. Pass
M.B.B.S. 1982 Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. Pass
Pre-Medical 1977 Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. 1st Position in University
Pre-University 1976 Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. 1st Division
ICSE 1974 Bishop Westcott Boys School, Ranchi (ICSE Board, New Delhi)
(B) Teaching Experience: TOTAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE APPROX-25 YEARS
S.No. Designation Place Duration Approx.
1. Professor A.M.U., Aligarh. 27.07.2006 Till date 9 Years
2 Reader (Associate Professor)
A.M.U., Aligarh 27.07.1998 26.07.2006 11 Years
3. Lecturer (Assistant Professor)
A.M.U., Aligarh 28.04.1988 26.07.1998 10 Years
4. Professor of Surgery Sebha University Libya 01.09.1998 30.11.1998 3 Months
5. Associate Professor Sebha University Libya 28.10.1995 31.08.1998 2 Yrs 10 M
6. Surgical Specialist King Faisal Hospital, Saudi Arabia
30.06.2002 30.06.2004 2 Years
* 4, 5, 6. Extra Ordinary Leave (EOL) from the parent University (Aligarh Muslim University)
(C) Special Training and Field of Interest:
S.No. Field of Specialization Place Duration
1. Gastro-Intestinal Endoscopy
a) PGI, Chandigarh b) G.B Pant, New Delhi c) Wellingdon Hospital Madras
10.01.2007 01.08.2005 01.09.1993
17.01.2007 15.08.2005 07.01.1994
2. Laparoscopic Surgery a) Wellingdon Hospital, Madras b) Dr. S.D. Maurya Hospital, Agra
01.09.1993 June, 2004
1. Young Outstanding Surgical Teacher Award 2007, awarded at BHU, Varanasi on 2nd
2. Awarded University Medal for Standing 1st in Pre-medical Examination of Aligarh
Muslim University, Aligarh.
1. Published Paper in International & National journals 53
2. Chapters in Books (Annexure -1) - 03
(F) Paper Presented at Conferences:
Papers / Guest Lectures Presented at National & International Conferences (Annexure-2) - 30
(G) Conference/ Workshops /Refresher Courses Attended: 1. Participated (Annexure-3) - 48
(H) Theses Supervised (MS/MD):
Accepted (Annexure-4) - 15
Ongoing (Annexure -4) - 02
(I) Topic of the Thesis of PhD.(Ongoing)
Correlation between P53 gene polymorphism and H. Pylori infection in endoscopic
biopsies of suspected case of cancer ocsophages.
(J) Project Proposal: Establishment of Tele-Medicine Centre at Aligarh Muslim University,
Faculty of Medicine Submitted
(K) Membership of Professional Bodies:
1. Life member Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
2. Life member Society of Endo-Laparoscopic Surgeons of India (SELSI).
3. Life Member World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons.
4. Member Saudi Council of Health Specialties (SCHS)
5. Member Executive Committee- UPASI
6. Member Executive Committee SELSI - UP
7. Member Institutional Ethics Committee, Department of Biotechnology.
8. Member American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
(K) Academic Activities:
1. Organizing Chairman Alumni Meet 2014 2. Organizing Secretary UPASICON -2014 3. Editorial Secretary, Proceeding of the conference UPSICON-2014 4. Organizing Secretary Trauma Update 2013 5. Elected member academic council AMU. 6. Editor of the Journal Surgery the official journal of U.P. Chapter of Association of
Surgeon of India 7. Chairman, Editorial Board Souvenir of UPASICON-2005.
(L) External/Internal Examiner For MS/MBBS/BDS:
1. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
2. State Public Service Commission (Uttarakhand)
3. Delhi University
4. Patna University
5. Sebha University, Libya
6. She-E- Kashmir Institute, Srinagar
7. CSMU- Lucknow
8. AMU, Aligarh
9. Meerut University
(M) Academic And Co-Curricular Activities: 1. Coordinator workshop on Trauma update 2013
2. Co-ordinator, Diploma in Endoscopy Management.
3. Other Courses taught:
b. Diploma in Physiotherapy
c. Diploma in Endoscopy Management
4. Warden, Halls of Residence, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh.
5. Ex-President, Indoor Games, Allama Iqbal Hall, AMU, Aligarh.
Annexure 1 A PUBLICATIONS
(A) INTERNATIONAL PUBLICATION S.No. Name of the Papers Country
1. Mohd. Habib Raza, RafiulImad Finan, Sadik Akhtar. Primary Enterolith in a Patient Of Intestinal Tuberculosis. Iranian Journal of Medical Sciences. Vol 41, No 6 (2016): 552-556.
2. Haemorrhoids or anal melanoma, importance of preoperative histopathological: a case report. Sherwani RK, Kumar A, Raza MH. Pol J Pathol. 2010; 61 (1): 46-8.
3. Biliary Cystadenoma Minicking Hydatid Cyst. Raza M.H., Rab A.Z., Khan S., Ahmad R. The Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology 2009, Vol. 15, Issue 3, 199-200
4. Rectal Barotrauma Causing Colonic Perforation: A Rare Case Report. Harris S.H. Raza M.H. The Middle East Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2003, Vol. 3(1), 131
5. Crohns Disease of the Colon: Difficulties in the diagnosis. Ashraf S.M., Raza M.H., Sebha Medical Journal, Libya, 1999, Vol. 2(1), 64-65.
6. Serum Immunoglobulin levels in Non-Diabetics, Diabtics and Diabetics with Surgical Complications. Raza M.H. Ibrahim A.M. Eshnaf. Sebha Medical Journal, Libya, 1999, Vol.2(1), 33-37.
7. The work of Abul Qasim al -Zahrawi and his contribution to Modern Surgery. Raza M.H., Aleem. JIMA of North America- 1994, 26, 32-34.
8. Surgical Sympathectomy in Advanced Buerger;s disease (Abstract Raza M., Taqeer M., Saadiya S. JIMA of North America- 1993 (25) 132.
9. Biliary peritonitis due to rupture of Intra-hepatic duct. Raza M.H., Hussain M.A, Postgraduate Med. Journal, 1992, 490.
10. Coeliac plexus block in patients with intractable Abdominal Pain Raza M.H. Proceedings of the Conference of the Royal College of Surgeon and Physicians (Glasgow) 1992,282-286.
11. Gentamicine induced dose related alterations in lipid levels and lipid peroxidation in central auditory pathway of the rat. Aslam M.H., Khan N.A, Raze MH, Exp. Pathol. 1990; 38; 165-169.
12. Primary Osteogenic Sarcoma of the maxilla. Aslam M., Raza M.H., Tyagi S.P. Pakistan Jr. of Otolarygology, 1988, 4, 103105.
(B) NATIONAL-INDEXED- JOURNALS
13. Mohammad Habib Raza, Nazia Umme Habiba, Shahzad Faizul HaqueA randomized controlled trial comparing endoscopic variceal ligation (EVL) alone versus endoscopic variceal ligation (EVL) plus non-selective -blocker (Proponolol) in the secondary prophylaxis of variceal haemmorrhage. Surgery: Vol-31, 35; 2016
14. Mohd Sadik Akhtar, Wasif Mohammad Ali, Tausif Ahmed Khan, Mohammad Habib Raza. Index Admission Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy for Gall Stone Pancreatitis. Annals of International Medical and Research.
15. Mohammad Habib Raza. Helicobacter pylori Protective or Causative Agent in Oesophageal Cancer? Journal of Anesthesia and Surgery. 2016
16. AZ Rab, MH Raza. Occult malignancy of gallbladder in patient undergoing elective cholecystectomy.
Bionotes 2014; 16(1): 4-6.
17. Trauma Update 2013, Surgery:- Vol-26, 2013
18. Cholecystpyloric fistula with gastric outlet obstruction a rare form of gallstone illus and management. Prof. M H Raza, Dr. M Sadik Akhtar, Surgery,2013 Vol 25(30); 40-42
19. A clinical and microbiological study of diabetic foot patients at JNMC, AMU, Aligarh. Dr. Manzoor Ahmad, Prof. M H Raza. Surgery, 2013, Vol26(31): 32-37
20. Trichobezor in a young women: A case report. Prof M H Raza, Dr. M Sadik Akhtar, Dr. Manzoor Ahmad. Surgery 2013, Vol 26(31): 40-44
21. Radiological Quiz. Prof. M H Raza, Dr. Manzoor Ahmad. Surgery, 2013, Vol 25(30); 46-47
22. The Role of Chromoendoscopy in the diagnosis of Upper Gastro intestinal diseases. Raza MH, Sherwani R, Khan F. Surgery, 2012, Vol 23(28): 18-20
23. Radiological Quiz. Raza MH, Shahbaz Alam. Surgery, 2012, Vol 23(28): 46-47.
24. Medico-legal aspects of penetrating abdominal trauma. Saeed S, Raza MH. Surgery, 2011, Vol
25. Prevalence of H. Pylori infection in patients undergoing upper G.I. endoscopy and relationship of H. Pylori infection with common upper G.I disorders. Raza mH, wahab. S. Khan F.A. Surgery: 2010. Vol 20,25:38-42
26. Code of conduct for doctors and professional association of d