International fashionBusiness classPowerpoint for Brazil textiles,retailers, designers in the apparel industry.
• PresidentDilma Rousseff• Vice PresidentMichel Temer
Active Member of :• United Nations (U.N)• The World Trade Organization
(WTO)• Common Market of the South
called MERCOSUR• UNASUR• Union of South American
Textile Supply chain
The Brazilian Textile and Apparel Industry Association
• Founded on the early 1960's• ABIT sponsors companies of
every segment in the textile industry: including cotton growing, synthetic raw materials, textile fibers spinning, weaving, knitwear,
dyeing printing and clothing. Indego Denim ManufacturerWorld’s Largest producer
Werner Textile Plant
• Silk Production• Founded in 1904• Produces 300,000
meters of fabric a month.
• A Few Examples:– Chanel– Taffeta– Gazar– Pure silk
Designer• Carlos Miele is from San Paolo,
Brazil. • he helps underprivileged
people in his home town.• He trains local women in the
handicraft methods that he uses to make his clothes.
• His clothes are structured and busy with bold colors. He uses plenty of patchwork.
• Christina Aguilera, Penelope Cruz, Alicia Keys and Naomi Campbell wear his clothes.
• Founded in 1912 by Anthony Jacob Renner.
• 161 stores• 27 of stores located in
Midwest,North and Northeast of the country.
• Second largest Brazilian department clothing store.
• Their headquarters is in Porto Alegre.
• First Brazilian corporation with 100 shares traded in stock exchange.
• 1.8 billion in revenue in year 2010RETAILERS
– Flagship store is located in
– Sao Paulo, Brazil.It is a subsidiary
•Founded in 1948•Focused on clothing and accessories.•281 stores•1.2 billion in revenue (2010)
Economy• Primary markets for Exporting:
U.S., Western Europe, Japan
Country Population Employment Life Expectancy Literacy % G.D.P G.D.P.P.C
Brazil 190 million 101.7 million 73.1 yrs. 90.3% 2.172 trillion
• Brazil is the 5th largest world that produces textile and apparel.•Also it is the 2nd largest DENIM producer.•And 3rd largest knitted fabric producer.
• 6% of exports is Agriculture