Anuj Kumar, Ph.D. Czech Technical University in Prague Thkurova 7, 166 29 Praha 6 Dejvice Czech Republic/ email@example.com https://scholar.google.cz/citations?user=d3VV4uUAAAAJ&hl=en https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Anuj_Kumar4
Research Scientist Key Strengths: Wood Chemistry and Wood polymers Biomaterials Research and Development Nanotechnology Natural Polymeric Materials/Product Development Scientific Project Management Technical Writing Leadership and Team Collaboration Professional with Ph.D in Chemical Engineering, aiming to pursue career advancement within lignocellulosic materials and natural polymers developments that would require exceptional competencies in research program development, forest biomaterials sciences and teaching assignments. Possess strong qualifications in improving protocols and troubleshooting capacities through communicating/delivering scientific findings. Adept at working with members of diverse backgrounds and cross-functional teams in driving the attainment of common goals and objectives. Team player and fast learner; highly regarded for organizational and time-management-skills to meet the crucial deadlines in a detail-focused, time-sensitive environment. Versatile individual with the ability to work independently or as team while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously.
Doctoral of Philosophy in Chemical Engineering Universiti Malaysia Pahang Faculty of Chemical & Natural Resources Engineering - Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia -2014 Thesis: Influence of nanofillers on the properties of urea formaldehyde resin and medium density fiberboard Master of Science in Wood Science and Technology Forest Research Institute University-Dehradun, India - 2009 Thesis: Calibration model for specific gravity using FTNIR for tropical Indian hard wood species Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics Meerut College Meerut C C Singh University Meerut, UP, India 2007
EXPERIENCE OVERVIEW Post-Doctoral Researcher Feb 2014 -Present Czech Technical University in Prague Faculty of Civil Engineering Plan and conduct experiments on scientific projects; coordinate and prepare scientific reports by researching and reviewing papers as well
presentations of national and international seminars. Co-supervision of two Ph.D. students. Working independently on four research topics
Development of high performance natural and synthetic fibers reinforced concrete using nanotechnology. The surfaces of both natural and synthetic fibers are modified using nanocoatings to improve their durability in high alkali environment of concrete. The epoxy resin which required in various composites fabrication was modified with the reinforcement of liquefied wood and nanomaterials (i.e. nanosilica and graphene oxide).
Surface modification (hydrophobization) of wood and wood fibrous insulators using nanocoatings to improve their hygroscopic and hygro-thermal properties. The hydrophobic coatings improve the resistance of wood and wood fibers towards the growth of fungi and moulds. This work is going on in collaboration with Department of Wood Science and Technology, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia and Fraunhofer-Institut fr Holzforschung - Wilhelm-Klauditz-Institut WKI, Germany.
Development of compressed bamboo products for real building application i.e. high density bamboo scrimber in collaboration of Forest Research Institute, India.
Cellulose based electrospun nanofibers for bone tissue engineering; I am focusing on the fabrication and characterization part of nanofibers using Roller electrospinning technique. Our collaborative from University Malaysia Pahang, Faculty of Industrial Sciences and Technology dealing with the application in tissue regeneration by culturing various cell lines for biocompatibilities examinations.
Visiting Researcher Feb 2015 May 2015 University of Ljubljana, Department of Wood Science and Technology, Slovenia
Wood surface modification using nano-sol technology. Development of liquefied wood coatings.
Research Associate Dec. 2013 Feb 2014 Universiti Malaysia Pahang, Kuantan, Malaysia
Synthesis of nanoporous carbon nanoparticles from lignocellulosic palm oil leafs. In this work thermal carbonization process was employed and we have reported this work in a very high estimated journal named as Chemical Communication (RSC).
Project Assistant Oct. 2009 June 2010 Forest Research Institute, Dehradun, India
Survey of bamboo production and uses in Northern India. In this project, I have assigned a team field work to collect bamboo production data and their end-uses in Northern India.
AFFILIATIONS, AWARD AND HONORS 2016 Editorial Board Member: Chemistry of Advanced Materials (ISSN 2415-6213) 2015 Call for Korea Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at Kyungpook National University (Could not able to join due to prior
commitment). 2014 COST ACTION FP1006 STSM AWARD for one month scientific attachment at University of Ljubljana, Slovenia 2014 Gold Medal in INPEX 2014 (The Invention &New Product Exposition) held at Pittsburgh, USA, for Low cost carbon nanoparticles
synthesis from biowaste materials project as a team member. 2014 Gold Medal in ITEX 2014 held at Kualalumpur, Malaysia, for Low cost carbon nanoparticles synthesis from biowaste materials
project as a team member. 2011 Graduate Research Scholarship (GRS). Universiti Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia. 2011 Gold Medal in INPEX 2011 (The Invention &New Product Exposition) held at Pittsburgh, USA, for Nano Wood Composites project
as a team member. 2011 Gold Medal in PECIPTA 2011 held at KLCC, Kuala Lumpur for the project Manufacturing of Nano-wood Composites Using CNTs and
Aluminium Oxide Nano-particles as team member. 2010 Gold Medal in BIO-MALAYSIA 2010 held at KLCC, Kuala Lumpur for the project Nano Wood Composites as a team member. 2008 University Sports Champion, Forest Research Institute University, Dehradun India.
List of Publications Patents
Arun Gupta, K V Sharma, Rosli Mohd Yunus, Anuj Kumar. Method for increasing the rate of heat transfer of wood fibres. US Patent S8435430
B2. (2013) https://www.google.com/patents/US8435430.
Gurumurthy Hegde, Anuj Kumar, Shoriya Aruni, Mashitah M Yusoff. Preparation method for low-cost carbon nanospheres from oil palm
materials. Malaysian Patent Application: PI2014701113 (2014).
List of published articles
2016 1. Anuj Kumar*, Pavla Ryparova, Jan Tywoniak, Andrijana Seve kapin, Petr Hajek, Miha Humar, Marko Petric. Influence of surface
modification of wood with octadecyltrichlorosilane on its dimensional stability and resistance against Coniophora puteana and molds.
Cellulose. DOI: 10.1007/s10570-016-1009-8 (In press) (IF: 3.12)
2. Anuj Kumar*, K V Sharma, Arun Gupta, Jan Tywoniak, Petr Hajek. Optimization of processing parameters of medium density fiberboard
using response surface methodology for multiwalled carbon nanotubes as nanofillers. European Journal of Wood and Wood Products. (In
press) (IF: 1.025)
3. Sugandha Chahal, Fathima Shahitha Jahir Hussain, Mashitah M. Yusoff,Mohammad Syaiful Bahari Abdull Rasad, Anuj Kumar. Nano-
hydroxyapatite coated hydroxyethyl cellulose/poly(vinyl) alcohol electrospun scaffolds and their cellular response. International Journal
of Polymeric Materials. (In press) (IF: 1.66).
4. Sugandha Chahal, Fathima Shahitha Jahir Hussain, Anuj Kumar, Mashitah M. Yusoff, Mohammad Syaiful Bahari Abdull Rasad. Fabrication,
characterization and in vitro biocompatibility of electrospun hydroxyethyl cellulose/poly (vinyl) alcohol nanofibrous composite biomaterial
for bone tissue engineering. Chemical Engineering Science, 2016, 144(22): 17-19. (IF: 2.77) (Citations: 1)
5. Alexandru Chira, Anuj Kumar*, Tom Vlach, Lenka Laiblov, Petr Hajek, Andrijana Seve kapin. Property improvements of alkali resistant
glass fibers/epoxy composite with nanosilica for textile reinforced concrete applications. Materials & Design 2016, 89, 146-155. (I.F: 3.5)
6. Alexandru Chira, Anuj Kumar*, Tom Vlach, Lenka Laiblov, Petr Hajek. Textile reinforced concrete facade panels with rigid foam core
prisms. Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials, 2015, 18(2): 200-2014. (IF: 1.235)
7. Vlach, Tom, Lenka Laiblov, Michal enek, Alexandru Chira, Anuj Kumar, and Petr Hjek. The Effect of Surface Treatments of Textile
Reinforcement on Mechanical Parameters of HPC Facade Elements. Key Engineering Materials, 2016, 677: 203-206. (IF: 0.19)
8. Laiblov, Lenka, Tom Vlach, Anuj Kumar, and Alexandru Chira. Influence of Silica Nanoparticles on Mechanical Properties of HPC.
Applied Mechanics and Materials, 2016, 825: 81-84. (IF: 0.15)
2015 9. Anuj Kumar*, Marko Petri, Borut Kriej, Jure igon, Jan Tywoniak, Petr Hajek, Andrijana Sever kapin, Matja Pavli. Liquefied wood
based polyurethane-nanosilica hybrid coatings and hydrophobization by self-assembled monolayers of orthotrichlorosilane (OTS). ACS
Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2015, 3 (10), 25332541. (I.F: 5.2) (Citations: 2)
10. Anuj Kumar*, Arun Gupta, K. V. Sharma (2015). Thermal and mechanical properties of urea formaldehyde (UF) resin combined with
multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNT) as nanofiller and fiberboards prepared by UF-MWCNT. Holzforschung 69(2): 199-205. (IF: 1.53)
11. Hegde, Gurumurthy; Aruni Bt Abdul Manaf, Shoriya; Kumar, Anuj; Ali, Gomaa, Chong, Kwok Feng; Sharma, K V; Ngaini, Zainab. Biowaste
Sago Bark Based Catalyst Free Carbon Nanospheres: Waste to Wealth Approach. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2015, 3 (9),
22472253. (I.F: 5.22) (Citations: 2)
12. Sugandha Chahal, Fathima Shahitha Jahir Hussain, Anuj Kumar, Mashitah M. Yusoff, Mohammad Syaiful Bahari Abdull Rasad. (2015).
Electrospun hydroxyethyl cellulose nanofibers functionalized with calcium phosphate coating for bone tissue engineering. RSC Advances,
2015, 5: 29497-29504. (IF: 3.8) (Citations: 5)
2014 13. Anuj Kumar, Gurumurthy Hegde, S. A. Abdul Manaf, Z. Ngaini and K.V. Sharma (2014). Catalyst free silica templated porous carbon
nanoparticles from bio-waste materials. Chemical Communications 50.84:12702-12705. (IF: 6.81) (Citations: 8)
14. Nasir, M., Gupta, A., Beg, M. D. H., Chua, G. K., & Kumar, Anuj. (2014). Physical and mechanical properties of medium-density fibreboards
using soylignin adhesives. Journal of Tropical Forest Science, 41-49. (I.F: 0.64) (Citations: 3)
15. Gomaa A M Ali, Shoriya Aruni Bt Abdul Manaf, Anuj Kumar, Kwok Feng Chong and Gurumurthy Hegde (2014). High performance super-
capacitor using catalysis free porous carbon nanoparticles. J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 47 495307 (I.F: 2.521) (Citations: 9)
2013 16. Anuj Kumar, Arun Gupta, K. V. Sharma, M. Nasir (2013). Use of aluminum oxide nanoparticles in wood composites to enhance the heat
transfer during hot-pressing. European Journal of Wood and Wood Products 71:193198. (IF: 1.235) (Citations: 7)
17. Anuj Kumar, Arun Gupta, K. V. Sharma (2013). Influence of activated charcoal as filler on the properties of wood composites.
International Journal of Adhesion & Adhesives 46, 35-39. (I.F: 1.773) (Citations: 5)
18. Anuj Kumar, Arun Gupta, K.V Sharma, Surati Binti Gazali (2013). Influence of Aluminum oxide nanoparticles on the physical and
mechanical properties of wood composites. BioResources 8(4), 6231-6241. (I.F: 1.425) (Citations: 2)
19. Mohammed Nasir, Arun Gupta, M D H Beg, G K Chua, Anuj Kumar (2013). Fabrication of medium density fibreboard from enzyme treated
rubber wood (Hevea brasiliensis) fibre and modified organosolv lignin. International Journal of Adhesion & Adhesives 44 99104. (I.F:
1.773) (Citations: 13)
20. Mohammed Nasir, Arun Gupta, M.D.H Beg, Gek Kee Chua, Anuj Kumar (2013). Fabricating Eco-Friendly Binderless Wood Composite Board
from Laccase Treated Rubber Wood Fiber. BioResources 8(3), 3599-3608. (I.F: 1.425) (Citations: 2)
21. T.H Khan, Arun Gupta, S.S Jamari, Rajan Jose, M. Nasir, Anuj Kumar (2013). Synthesis and characterization of carbon fibers and their
application in wood composites. BioResources 8(3), 4171-4184. (I.F: 1.425) (Citations: 6)
22. Syed F. Hasnay, A.R Noor, Suriati B.A., Anuj Kumar (2013). Noncovalent assembly of maghemite- multiwalled carbon nanotubes for
efficient lead removal from aqueous solution. Australian Journal of Chemistry 66(11), 1440-1446. (I.F: 1.42)
2010 23. Seema Bhandhari, Sangeeta Gupta, Anuj Kumar, Naveen Kumar (2010). Wood anatomy of Indian shrubs: Part I - Family Lamiaceae. The
Indian Forester, 137 (8):1018.
List of submitted articles
24. Anuj Kumar*, Martin Hrouda, Tom Vlach, Jan Tywoniak, Petr Hajek. Engineered bamboo scrimber: Influence of density on the
mechanical and water absorption properties. Construction and Building Materials, (submitted)
25. Anuj Kumar*, Kamil Stank, Pavla Ryparov, Jan Tywoniak. Hydrophobic treatment of wood fibrous thermal insulator by
orthotrichlorosilane and its influence on hygric properties and resistance against molds. Composite Part B, (submitted)
26. Anuj Kumar*, Pavla Ryparov, Jan Tywoniak, Petr Hajek. Hydrophobic electrospun nanofibers coating on wood surface using roll
electrospinning technique. Holzforschung, (submitted)
27. Anuj Kumar*, Alexandru Chira, Tom Vlach, Jan Tywoniak, Petr Hajek. Nano-sizing of alkali resistant glass fibers by self-assembled
monolayers of Octadecyltrichlorosilane (OTS). Textile Research Journal, (submitted)
28. Anuj Kumar*, Pavla Ryparov, Bohumil Kasal, Jan Tywoniak, Petr Hajek. Biodegradation of bamboo scrimber by white-rot and brown-rot
fungi. International Biodeterioration and Biodegradation, (submitted)
1. Anuj Kumar, Pavla Ryparov, Petr Hajek, Borut Kriej, Matja Pavli, Andrijana Sever kapin, Milan ernek, Jan Tywoniak, Jure igon, Marko
Petri. Superhydrophobic treatment of Norway spruce wood for improvement of its resistance against brown rot and moulds. IRG 47
(International Research Group for Wood Protection), Lisbon, Portugal, 15-20th May 2016.
2. Anuj Kumar, Pavla Ryparov, Jan Tywoniak, Petr Hajek. New innovative process for nanoscale coatings on wood surface using
electrospining technique. InWood2015: Inovations in wood materials and processes, Brno, Czech Republic, 1922 May 2015.
3. Anuj Kumar, Marko Petri, Jan Tywoniak, Petr Hajek, Borut Kriej, Matja Pavli, Jure igon. Effect of Nanofibrillated Cellulose Loading on
the Rheological Behavior of Liquefied Wood - Polyurethane Based Coatings. Final COST FP1006 meeting Advances in modified and
functional bio-based surfaces at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece, 7-9 April 2015.
4. Anuj Kumar, Borut Kriej, Matja Pavli, Jure igon, Marko Petri. Hydrophobisation of liquefied wood based coatings with nanosilica. Final