Bake a Difference 2019
Registered Charity No. 205395 and Scottish Registered Charity No. SC039445
and a company limited by guarantee 705357 in England
1. Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl and
then stir in the rest of the dry ingredients.
2. Beat in the butter until the mixture looks
like breadcrumbs, you can do this in a food
processor, with an electric whisk or by hand
using your fingers.
3. In another bowl, combine the eggs and
golden syrup and then beat into the first
4. Tip the dough out onto a floured surface
and lightly knead together into a ball, wrap
in cling film and leave in the fridge for 20
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
6. After 20 minutes, take the dough out of the
fridge, roll it out on a floured surface to a
thickness of about half a centimeter and cut
into gingerbread man shapes.
7. Place your gingerbread men on a baking tray
lined with greaseproof paper, make sure to
leave a space between them.
8. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, they should be
lightly golden brown. Once they’re out of the
oven, leave them to cool on the trays for a bit
until moving to a wire rack.
9. Decorate and serve!
• 350g plain flour
• 100g butter
• 5 ½ teaspoons ground
• 1 ½ teaspoons ground
• 1 teaspoon bicarbonate
• 175g light brown soft sugar
• 4 tablespoons golden
• 1 medium egg
The image of the cake on the front is an example
VFM24-D - BAD19 - Recipe.v4.indd 6 18/07/2019 12:08:19