Shabbos Youth Programs:
• SKIP, 18 months – grade 5, ECD Wing,
9:45am - 11:45am
• Mommy & Me, Mommies with
children 2 years and under, ECD wing in
the Ruach Rainbows classroom, 9:45am
• B’nei BJ, boys grades 2 – 5 with
Lawrence Stroll, Board Room, 10:30am.
• Nine fif-TEEN Minyan, boys and
girls grades 5 - 12, with Rabbi Shalom
Yosef Horowitz, Conference Room,
9:15am. Followed by their famous
• NCSY Shalosh Seudos with Rabbi
Chaim Neiditch, high school boys &
girls, between Mincha & Maariv, Carson
• Shalosh Seudos with Jonathan
Klein boys & girls grades 6-8, between
Mincha & Maariv, Youth Lounge.
• Father Son Learning, 5:30 - 6:30pm,
Kollel Beis Medrash, followed by
popcorn and lemonade. Sponsored by
Troop 613 in memory of MosheAron
(Brought to you by Beth Jacob and
Atlanta Scholars Kollel)
• Daf Yomi, Rabbi Reuven Stein, one
hour before Mincha, Kollel, for men.
• Shabbos Morning Chumash Shiur,
Rabbi Yechezkel Freundlich, 8:15am,
Main Shul, for men & women.
• Shabbos Shiur for Men, Rabbi
Doniel Pransky, 10:45am, Kollel.
• 12 Minute Halacha, Rabbi Ezra
Sarna, following the 9:00am Minyan
Kiddush, for men & women.
• Women's Weekly Shabbos
Afternoon Torah Study Group, Rabbi
Ilan D. Feldman, will not meet this
FRIDAY, JUNE 20TH
Earliest Candlelighting ..........7:22pm
Early Mincha (MS) ..................7:05pm
Mincha (DM) ..........................8:30pm
Early Minyan (K) .....................8:00am
Main Minyan (MS) ..................8:45am
9:00am Minyan (DM) .............9:00am
Nine fif-TEEN Minyan (CR) .....9:15am
Adult Beginners (BR) ...........10:00am
Early Mincha (DM) .....4:00 & 5:00pm
Mincha (MS) ...........................8:05pm
Shabbos ends/Maariv (MS) ...9:27pm
Late Maariv (K) .......................9:36pm
WEEK OF JUNE 22ND - 27TH
Sunday (DM) .....7:00 / 8:00 / 9:00am
M/TH............6:20am CS / 6:50am DM
W/T/F...........6:30am CS / 7:00am DM
Mon-Fri (K) .............................7:30am
Sun - Thurs (K) ........... 5:45 / 7:40 pm
Mon - Thurs (DM) ..................8:35pm
Sun - Thurs (DM).....following Mincha
Sun - Thurs (DM) ....................9:00pm
Sun - Thurs (K) .......................9:45pm
FRIDAY, JUNE 27TH
Earliest Candlelighting ..........7:23pm
Early Mincha (MS) ..................7:05pm
Mincha (DM) ..........................8:30pm
(CS) Carson Room (CR) Conference
Room, (BR) Board Room, (DM) Daily
Minyan, (K) Kollel, (MS) Main Shul
Ilan D. Feldman, Rabbi • Yechezkel Freundlich, Associate Rabbi
Dr. Emanuel Feldman, Rabbi Emeritus
Harvey Steele, Executive Director • Joey Fink, President
Mindy Tanenbaum, Preschool Director
Jodi Wittenberg & Tzippy Teller, Co-Presidents, Sisterhood
1855 LaVista Road Atlanta, GA 30329 • (404) 633-0551 • Fax (404) 320-7912
www.bethjacobatlanta.org • facebook.com/bethjacobatlanta
JUNE 21, 2014 • 23 SIVAN 5774
PIRKEI AVOS: CHAPTER 3
Torah Reading: page 820, Maftir: page 890, Haftarah: page 1208
Good Shabbos and Welcome!
In honor of Shabbos, the Shabbos flyer
will omit non Shabbos information (such
as phone numbers, emails, and program
costs). Please refer to our emails and
website for this information.
Looking for information on membership?
Contact Harvey Steele in the Shul office. This Shabbos flyer is brought to you in loving memory of Marlene Mendel, z"l. Her light does not go out at night. - Prov. 31
Rosh Chodesh Tammuz
This Shabbos we will bless the new month of Tammuz. The molad (birth of the
new moon) will be Friday, June 27th at 6:06am and 12 Chalokim (1 Cheilek equals
1/18 of a minute). Rosh Chodesh will be Shabbos, June 28th and Sunday, June
• Rabbi Ilan D. Feldman's Weekly Shabbos Afternoon Torah Study for
Women will meet NOT this Shabbos. The class will resume next Shabbos, June
28th at 5:00pm in the Daily Minyan. (The 5:00pm Mincha will be in the Main
Shul.) The class will end in time for women to attend the BENA Shalosh Seudos.
• Rabbi Ilan D. Feldman's Choshen Mishpat (Advanced study of business-
related halachos) will NOT meet Sunday, June 22nd. Class will resume Sunday,
• Rabbi Doniel Pransky's Shmuel class will meet Wednesday, June 25th. Class
will NOT meet on Wednesday, July 2nd.
• Rabbi Doniel Pransky's Redemption class will not meet this Sunday, June
22nd. Class will resume on Sunday, June 29th at 7:30pm.
• Rabbi Reuven Stein's Monday afternoon class begins the Book of Eicha on
Monday, June 23rd.
• Rabbi Shlomo & Sarah Faygie Berkowitz on the Bas Mitzvah of their daughter
Devorah this Shabbos.
• Dr. Rivka Chasya Farhi on the marriage of her son, Michael Abramowsky, to Shulamis
Proskiw of Jerusalem, Israel.
• Rabbi Emanuel & Estelle Feldman on the birth of a great-grandson born to Chaim
Mordechai & Shayna Kleinman, daughter of Rabbi Heshy & Chava Grossman.
• Rabbi Emanuel & Estelle Feldman on the marriage of their grandson, Yehudah Preil,
son of Rabbi Aharon & Geulah Batya Preil, to Miriam Jacobs.
• Rabbi Menashe & Randee Goldberger on the Bas Mitzvah of their daughter Elisheva,
and to grandparents Gus & Betty Goldberger and Marty & Marla Teichman, both of Silver
• Yoni & Davida Graber on the birth of their daughter, Chana Gittel, and to
grandparents Dr. Paul & Judy Merlis.
• Martin & Marsha Karon on the aufruf of their son Aharon this Shabbos and on his
upcoming marriage to Olivia Etkind of Passaic, NY.
• Rabbi Shmuel & Helen Khoshkerman on the engagement of their son, Yakov, to
Nechama Krupenia, daughter of Rabbi & Mrs. Shmuel Dovid Krupenia of Lakewood, NJ.
• Rabbi Shmuel & Helen Khoshkerman on the upcoming wedding of their daughter,
Sarah, to Netanel Isaacs, son of Mr. & Mrs. Jonathan Isaacs.
• Peter & Leslee Morris on the birth of a grandson born to Raymie & Hadassah
Hennessey. There will be a Shalom Zachur at the Morris home, 2002 LaVista Road, from
• Gail Raab on the aufruf of her son, Joey, this Shabbos and on his upcoming marriage
this Sunday to Amy Miller, daughter of Jonathan & Ilene Miller.
• Rabbi Moshe & Raizie Shkarofsky on the wedding of their daughter, Chana, to
• Brian & Suzanne Spaner on the birth of their daughter Tzivya Meira.
• Dr. Barry & Jennifer Yaffe on the birth of a granddaughter, Tirtza, born to Shalom
Tuvia & Sarah Malka Gordon, of Israel.
• Ohr Yisrael graduates: Daniel Lewis and David Siegel.
Upcoming Events & Classes
• THIS Shabbos, June 21st: BENA Shalosh Seudos with Rebbetzin Miriam Feldman.
6:00 - 8:00pm, at the Schloss home, 1338 Breezy Lane, for women only. Hosted by Sara
Davis, Lydia Schloss, Julie Silverman, Shoshana Stiefel, Tzippy Teller and Keli Weiden.
Sponsored by Friends of Marlene Mitchell, remembered fondly on her yahrzeit.
• Sunday, June 22nd - BJ Men's Softball Team. Another win for BJ men's softball! They
beat Temple Sinai 12-11! Come cheer for your team! Next game is this Sunday at 5:30pm
against Bet Haverim at 9000 Fouts Rd, Roswell GA. Contact Eli Grey to play.
• Continues THIS Thursday, June 26th - Taharas Hamishpacha (Laws of Family
Purity) Refresher Course taught by Mrs. Esther Pransky through live telephone
conference. Classes will be held on Thursday evenings from 9 - 10pm through Thursday,
July 3rd. For more information contact Esther Pransky.
• Wednesday, July 16th - Muktzah Fair. Handling Electronics, Pets, Appliances
and Garbage on Shabbos: A Comprehensive Presentation of the Laws of Muktzah.
8:00 - 9:00pm, Heritage Hall, for women. Following a similar format to last year’s highly
popular presentation of the laws of cooking on Shabbos, the four young Kollel rabbis have
prepared crystal-clear, easy to follow, animated lessons on the laws of muktzah. Please
join Rabbis Dani Gopin, Tzvi Oratz, Ezra Sarna and Doron Silverman for an enjoyable
evening that will leave you educated and confident about a complex area of halacha!
Thank you to our SKIP Summer Program Sponsors!
Thank you to our donors! If you would like to participate, please contact Harvey Steele.
Thank You to Our Donors!
NORMAN RAAB KIDDUSH FUND
• Rabbi Shlomo & Sarah Faygie Berkowitz in celebration of the simcha of the Bas
Mitzvah of their daughter Devorah.
• Abe & Faye Esral in memory of their aunt, Eva Weinberg, z"l.
• Dr. Rivka Chasya Farhi in honor of the marriage of her son, Michael Abramowsky, to
Shulamis Proskiw of Jerusalem, Israel.
• Raphael & Sherri Hirsch (Aba, Mommy, Yeshaya, Yael & Tuvia) in honor of their
son and brother, Levi Yitzchak Hirsch, on his embarking to Israel this upcoming week,
and joining the IDF. They are incredibly proud of him. May Hashem watch over him and
all of His children.
• Martin & Marcia Karon in honor of the Aufruf of their son Aharon.
• Pete & Leslee Morris in honor of the birth of their grandson, born to Raymi &
• Gail Raab in honor of the upcoming wedding of her son, Joey, to Amy Miller, daughter
of Jonathan & Ilene Miller.
• Rabbi Moshe & Raizie Shkarofsky in honor of the recent wedding of their daughter,
Chana to Binyomin Clyman, and to all the out of town guests, especially the Clyman
family of Passaic, NJ.
• Brian & Suzanne Spaner with thanks to HaKadosh Baruch Hu for