MANDATORY DISCLOSURE BY INSTITUTIONS RUNNING AICTE APPROVED ENGINEERING/TECHNOLOGY/PHARMACY PROGRAMMES TO BE INCLUDED IN
THEIR RESPECTIVE INFORMATION BROCHURE, DISPLAYED ON THEIR WEBSITE AND TO BE SUBMITTED TO AICTE EVERY YEAR LATEST BY 31st MARCH TOGETHER
WITH ITS URL The following information is to be given in the Information Brochure besides being hosted on the Institutions official Website.
The information has been provided by the concerned Institution and the onus
of authenticity lies with the institution and not on AICTE. 1. AICTE File No. : 06/02/WB/ENGG/2003/002
Date & Period of last approval : 2009-2010 2. Name of the Institution
Aryabhatta Institute of Engineering and Management, Durgapur
Address of the Institution PANAGARH GRAM, P.O: PANAGARH
BAZAAR Dist: BURDWAN, PIN: 713148
Ph No: (0343) 2526415, 2526416, Fax: 0343)2526417
City & Pin Code : Panagarh Bazar, 713148 State / UT : West Bengal Longitude & Latitude : 23.4431N 87.4567E Phone number with STD code : (0343) 2526415, 2526416 FAX number with STD code : (0343) 2526417
Office hours at the Institution : 9.00 am to 6.00 pm Academic hours at the Institution : 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Website : http://www.aiemd.in Nearest Railway Station (dist in Km) : 2.5 Km Nearest Airport (dist in Km) : 178 Km 3. Type of the Institution Private-Self Finance Category (1) of the Institution Non Minority Category (2) of the Institution Co-Ed 4. Name of the organization running the Institution
Maa Sarbamangala Society for Cultural & Education Type of the organization
Address of the Organization PANAGARH GRAM, P.O: PANAGARH BAZAAR
Phone No: (0343) 2526415, 2526416
Registered with : Society Registration Office, W.B. Registration date : 23/09/2002 Website of the Organization : http://www.aiemd.in 5. Name of the affiliating University
WEST BENGAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, KOLKATA
BF 142, Sector 1, Salt Lake City,
Kolkata 700064, West Bengal
Phone: (033) 23210731 / 1327
Website : http://www.wbut.ac.in
Latest affiliation Period : 2009-2010 5. Name of Principal : Dr. Supati Prasanna Das
Exact Designation : Principal Phone number with STD code : (0343) 2526416, 9933766073 FAX number with STD code : (0343) 2526417 Email : email@example.com Highest Degree : Ph.D. Field of specialization : ENGG.(MECH) 7. Governing Board Members
Please go through Annexure-I
Frequency of the Meetings and date of last meeting
8. Academic Advisory Body
Please go through Annexure-I
Frequency of the Meetings and date of last meeting
9. Organisational Chart
Please go through Annexure-II 10. Student feedback mechanism on Institutional Governance/faculty performance
Please go through Annexure-III 11. Grievance redressal mechanism for faculty, staff and students
Please go through Annexure-IV 12. Course B. Tech. in CSE, ECE, EE, EEE, IT, ME Level UG 1st Year of approval by the Council Please go through ANNEXURE : V
Year wise Sanctioned Intake Please go through ANNEXURE : V
Year wise Actual Admissions Please go through ANNEXURE : V
Cut off marks General quota NIL
% Students passed with Distinction 100%
% Students passed with First Class 100%
Students Placed Please go through ANNEXURE : V
Average Pay package, Rs./Year Please go through ANNEXURE : V
Students opted for Higher Studies Students try for GATE, CAT, M.Tech, MBA.
Accreditation Status of the course Accredited
Doctoral Courses No
Foreign Collaborations, if any NIL
Professional Society Memberships AIMA, Delhi
Professional activities Conducting Seminar, Research work
Consultancy activities Industrial consultancy provided to different Industry
Grant Fetched NIL
Departmental Achievements NIL
Distinguished Alumni NIL
13. Faculty Please go through ANNEXURE : VI
14. Admission quota# Please go through ANNEXURE : V Entrance test / admission criteria Please go through ANNEXURE : V
Cut off / last candidate admitted Please go through ANNEXURE : V Fees in rupees Please go through ANNEXURE : V Number of Fee Waivers offered 10% Full, 5% Half Admission Calendar In the month of June July every year PIO quota No
15. Infrastructural information^
Please go through ANNEXURE : VII 16. Girls Hostel
Please go through ANNEXURE : VII Medical & other Facilities at Hostel Please go through ANNEXURE : VII
17. Academic Sessions January to June & August to December
Examination system, Year / Sem Semester Period of declaration of results February, August
18. Counseling / Mentoring
Career Counseling Full time career counseling is always available at the training & placement center office in college campus as well as in the kolkata office. Medical facilities Full time medical officer come doctor is available in the medical center in the college campus along with medicine & first aid. Student Insurance Still not available for the college students.
19. Students Activity Body :
Different Student activity body like Cultural Committee, anti ragging Committee, Student welfare Committee, Campus interview Committee, Disciplinary Committee etc is maintained by all the student in the campus for the betterment of the institute. Cultural activities : Annual Social program is held every year in the college premises & regional cultural events is also held in the college. Sports activities :
Annual tournament held for the games like Football, Cricket, Volleyball, & Basketball, Carom Badminton in various times in the year. Annual Athletics is also held in the winter time in the college ground. All teaching & Non-teaching stuffs & the entire students of AIEMD participates in all the sports. Literary activities : Program like NEN is held quarterly featuring different social literacy thoughts. Magazine / Newsletter Yearly magazine named ARIANTH published every year in the institute featuring whats happening in the college of that year. Technical activities / TechFest
Eminent persons, experts, senior managers etc. in various field of Business & Science are invited as guest faculty to deliver lectures as well as to participate in panel discussion, seminars etc. on regular basis. National seminar on issues of business & technology held. Eminent business people, executive from industry, academicians, etc. participates in the deliberations at the seminars.
Technical festival is done every year by the Students of AIEMD featuring Game Show, Project work, Models etc. Industrial Visits / Tours Alumni activities Online Alumni has been created & hosted in the college website.
20. Name of the Information Officer for RTI SAIKAT GANGULY Designation PRO
Phone number with STD code 0343-2526416 FAX number with STD code 0343-2526417 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
ARYABHATTA INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT, DURGAPUR
Governing Body of AIEMD
1. Pradip Agasty . Chairman (Nominated by the Society) B.Sc (Engg), Electrical, Former SSIO, Punjab National Bank. Ex-General Secretary, Durgapur Small Scale Industries Association Durgapur, President of Panagarh Primary Teachers Training Institute, approved by govt. of West Bengal, Managing Partner of EMAY Enterprise , Panagarh & RANI ENGG. WORKS, Panagarh. 1) Engaged in execution of export orders of fabricated items for USSR through MAMC Ltd. Durgapur. 2) Executed the fabrication of storage tanks ( 12 KL, 16 KL, 32 KL cone roof tanks and floating roof tanks for Indian Oil Corporation at Maurigram, Rajbandh, Raxoul, Dimapur- Nagaland, Shilchar Assam, Jorhat, Ranchi, Jamshedpur and Sambalpur). 3) Developed some special ancillary items (previously used to be imported) with the help of Ancillary Development cell, Durgapur Steel Plant & MAMC Ltd. Durgapur.
2. Jayanta Mukherjee . Vice Chairman (Nominated by the Society) B.A, L.L.B., Leading Advocate in Supreme Court, High Court and Durgapur Court.
3. Priyambada Agasty Member (Nominated by the Society) B.A (English Hons), M.A (English), B. Ed. Teacher of Kanksa Girls High School.
4. Prabir Agasty Member (Nominated by the Society) B.Sc ( Physics Hons ), MBA
5. Pranab Agasty ..Member (Nominated by the Society) B. Sc.
6. Prof. (Dr.) Prasanta Kr. Singha . Executive Director of MSSCE group of colleges M.Sc, M.Tech, Ph.D.
7. Prof. (Dr). S.B.Das .. Member HOD, Chemistry, N.I.T, Durgapur, Ex- Dean Academic, NIT, Durgapur (Eminent Educationalist)
8. Mrinal Kanti Dutta Member B.E, Ex General Manager, Durgapur Steel Plant.
9. Prof. (Dr). A.K. Mitra Member HOD, Physics; Dean Administration, N.I.T, Durgapur
10. Nominee of WBUT .. Member
11. Nominee of AICTE .. Member
12. Nominee of DTE .. Member
13. Nominee of Govt. of West Bengal .. Member
14. Mr. Goutam Sengupta Member Chief Operating Officer, Kitchen Appliances India Ltd. (A Unit of Videocon)
15. Mr. Dipankar Bose Member B. Tech, M.Tech, Chairman of Durgapur Small Scale Indus