2. 1. Who We Are 2. Selected MCA Transactions 3. Key Personnel
Who We Are
Meinl Capital Advisors AG is the investment banking and corporate finance advisory arm of Meinl Bank AG, Austrias leading private merchant bank, with strong experience in privatization, financial restructuring and investment projects in Central and Eastern Europe.
Meinl Capital Advisors AG assists Governments as financial advisor in privatizations and restructuring of state-owned enterprises and assists corporate clients in identifying and implementing mergers and acquisitions, preparing feasibility studies for new investments, and in raising funds through international capital markets.
A principal area of the firms activity is energy (e.g. electric power sector) and infrastructure (e.g. airports), as well as heavy industry (engineering, metallurgy), light industry, food and beverage industry and the financial services sector.
The Meinl Capital Advisors AG and its management team have carried out numerous successful M&A transactions and privatizations and restructurings in Central and Eastern Europe.
Meinl Capital Advisors AG has its headquarters in Vienna, with regional offices in Belgrade and Skopje.
Meinl Capital Advisors AG
5. Products and Services M&A advisory mandates for International Companies in Central and Eastern Europe Privatisation advisory mandates for Governments Investment of proprietary (Meinl Bank) funds in industrial projects in Central and Eastern Europe Advisory assignments for Supra-national Organisations - Donor Funded Projects Corporate, financial and organizational restructuring of enterprises in Central and Eastern Europe M&A M&A Privatization Direct Investment Donor and IFI-Financed Projects Corporate Restructuring
6. Advisory Services to Governments
Privatisation Advisory Services
preparation and implementation of tenders, negotiated sales of enterprises and auctions
due diligence and valuation services
closure and completion of transactions
Industrial Restructuring Services
corporate reorganisation of industrial groups
financial restructuring of companies
organisational restructuring / social plans
Debt Restructuring Services
forfaiting, factoring, trading of sovereign and corporate debt
Establishing and arranging necessary contacts and connections relationship management and lobbying
Information and data gathering
Structuring of transactions
Local legal and regulatory framework
Professional support in all stages of the transaction
Expertise in settlement and tax optimisation of the transaction
Arranging international project and acquisition financing (debt & equity)
Support in negotiations and closing
M&A Advisory Services
8. 2. Selected MCA Transactions
9. Selected MCA Transactions to Date (1) Privatization of PIK Takovo, a leading Serbian food and beverage conglomerate, including 30 subsidiaries producing wide range of products. Republic of Serbia 2002-03 Privatization of Dzervin Vladicin Han, a Serbian producer of fruit juice and packager of fresh fruits. Republic of Serbia 2002-04 Advice to investor in connection with acquisition of Hotel Split in Split, Croatia. Travelink 2004 Privatization of Valjaonica Bakra Sevojno, the Serbian copper smelting and refining company. Republic of Serbia 2002-03 Restructuring and liquidation of Samot Arandelovac, a Serbian manufacturer of refractory materials. Republic of Serbia 2002-04 Restructuring and partial privatization of GOSA Smederevska Palanka , a leading Serbian heavy engineering and manufacturing group. Republic of Serbia 2002-06 Privatization of Fabrika Vagona Kraljevo, leading Serbian railway wagon manufacturing company. Republic of Serbia 2002-06 Privatization of Bratislava and Kosice Airports. Lead responsibility for the privatization through international public tender, including all preparatory work, vendors due diligence and preparation of tender documentation, development of privatization strategy, and planning and implementation of transaction. Contracts for sale of 67% majority stakes in these airports to TwoOne Consortium (Flughafen Wien AG, Penta Investments, RZB) were entered into in February 2006. Republic of Slovakia 2005-06 Restructuring of the Macedonian electricity industry and privatization of AD ESM, the electricity distribution company. Privatization tender for electricity distribution company, AD ESM, was completed in March 2006. EVN AG of Austria acquired 90% of AD ESM for 225 million. This is the first major restructuring/privatization in the ex-Yugoslav electricity sector. Republic of Macedonia 2002-06 Transaction Client Year
10. Selected MCA Transactions to Date (2) Advised investors in acquisition through liquidation of Zeljezara Sisak, the Croatian steel company (pipe producer). Russian-Austrian investor group 2001 Advised on planning and financing of hotel development project in Fuerteventura, Canary Islands, Spain Merz Group 2001 Advised Carlsberg a/s on successful acquisition of Shumensko Pivo a/s, which together with Pirinsko Pivo (see above), represented 20% share of the Bulgarian beer market. Carlsberg Breweries a/s 2002 Advised Carlsberg a/s on successful acquisition of Pirinsko Pivo a/s, which together with Shumensko Pivo (see below) represented 20% share of the Bulgarian beer market. Carlsberg Breweries a/s 2003 Advised JMI on acquisition of Cremcaffe coffee roasting company in Italy and Slovenia. Julius Meinl International AG 2003 Waste management project for municipalities and settlements in Eger / Heves Region of Hungary. City of Eger 2003 05 Divestiture of strategic stake in Moldcell, Moldovan GSM telecommunicaton operator. Accent Electronics 2002 Advised on privatization of six socially-owned companies in the textile sector Republic of Serbia 2002-03 Privatization of Zitopek Nis, the municipal bakery and bread factory of City of Nis. This was the first leveraged employee-buyout in Serbia under the reform government. Republic of Serbia 2002-03 Transaction Client Year
11. 3. Key Personnel
12. Key Personnel (1) Peter E. Gumpel Chairman of the Management Board, Meinl Capital Advisors AG Mr. Peter Gumpel has carried out numerous privatization projects for governments in Central and Eastern Europe, including Bulgaria, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia and Ukraine, as well as M&A projects for foreign investors in this Southeast Europe and the ex-Soviet Union. Before joining the Meinl Bank Group in 2001, Mr. Gumpel was member of the management board of Raiffeisen Investment AG. Ferenc Berecz Member of the Management Board, Meinl Capital Advisors AG Mr. Berecz is a senior investment banker with many years experience in the electricity and oil and gas sectors of Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and South-East Europe. Before joining Meinl Capital Advisors AG as Director in 2004, Mr. Berecz has worked for 10 years with Commerzbank, Frankfurt as well as with NM Rothschild in London.
13. Key Personnel (2) Rolf Theuer Director, Meinl Capital Advisors AG, Vienna Mr. Rolf Theuer joined Meinl Capital Advisors AG in April 2007. His responsibilities include the management of investments in various industries such as F&B, consumer goods and infrastructure. Prior to that, Mr. Theuer was the CEO of Raiffeisen CEE Private Equity Fund, acted as managing director of Raiffeisen Ost-Invest, Chief Analyst at Raiffeisen Investment AG and Senior Manager of the Capital Markets Group, Raiffeisen Zentralbank. Elena Kirtcheva Senior Advisor, Meinl Capital Advisors AG, Vienna Ms. Kirtcheva, the former Bulgarian Ambassador to Austria, Switzerland and Finland and General Secretary of the Vienna Economic Forum, has many years experience in CEE investment banking and in diplomacy. She is active in new business origination for MCA in Southeast Europe and ex-Yugoslavia. Zlatko Cerepnalkoski Representative, Meinl Capital Advisors AG, Skopje Mr. Cerepnalkoski is an experienced energy sector specialist. He is the local team leader of the Meinl Bank Consortium responsible for the restructuring and privatization of the Macedonian electricity sector. He has many years experience in the CEE energy sector. Gorica Obucina Representative, Meinl Capital Advisors, Belgrade Ms. Obucina is responsible for the activities of our firm in Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia and Hercegovina. She has implemented various important transactions in the region including the restructuring of GOSA Smederevska Palanka and the privatization of Fabrika Vagona Kraljevo and other key companies.
14. Our Value Added Enhance value for Investor as Shareholder International team Experience in valuation methods for relevant industries Proven track record of successful transactions in the region Pragmatic and results oriented team Committed team with mixture of relevant industry and Merger & Acquisition experience INVESTOR
15. Meinl Capital Advisors AG Johannesgasse 20, A-1010 Wien www.meinlbank.com +43 1 531 88 750