Menu Systems for Dummies 1. Installing a Menu System to you SatNavThis Guide was written using the Menu System for the 480x272 &320x240 resolution SatNavs. (Tested on B430, B350 and Navigo V1) A Menu allows you to use multiple Navigation programs on your SatNav, and gives access to a multitude of WinCE software Down load the Menu from the Download Section and unpack to your PC, for this Guide I used the following Menus, but it can be used on most of the others found in the Forum. 480x272 http://www.simplesatnav.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1399 320x240 http://www.simplesatnav.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1398 Format a suitable sized SD card, if there is any navigation software on the card; back this up as you can utilize this in your new system. Using a Card Reader, copy the contents of the Archive from the download onto the newly formatted card. The card contents will be as below.
NOTE: - All the navigation software folders are empty.
Place the card into your SatNav and start up, on pressing the Navigation button you will be presented with the following Screen.
Along the Top there are 5 Tabs that allow you to move to further menus. SatNav - the menu you are in at present Office, Games, Tools, GPS Utils (320x240 only) and TaskMgr (480x272 only, not a menu) In the Centre portion there are Preset Icons for all the popular SatNav software using the default locations. Along the bottom are icons for display and access to system functions. They are:1. Date Time taken from system clock 2. Battery charge level 3. System Menu , allows you to close menu and return to the System menu (only available on the SatNav Tab) 4. Vol allows adjustment of system volume 5. GPS Info (480x272 only) gives details of units Baud rate and Comm Port 6. Control panel(480x272 only) allows access to WinCE system settings. This icon is available in all other Tabs on both resolutions. All these can be change easily, I will explain later in the Guide. As noted earlier none of the SatNav icons will function until the relevant software is installed. But all the software for the subsequent Tabs is contained in the download OFFICE TAB
Gives access to Office application to read and edit Documents and files on your SatNav. Includes 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Pocket word. MS Word MS Excel Powerpoint MS PDF Reader
6. Notepad 7. Keyboard Toggle Toggles the keyboard on/ off . Starting the Programs that require and can use a keyboard will automatically start the Keyboard Quick Launch. This puts a red triangle in the bottom left of the screen that can be used to show/hide the keyboard. It is uninstalled when exiting the program. This is also included in Memory Map and OziExplorer, see Section 3 for additional usage. GAMES TAB
480x272 Gives access to various Games on your SatNav. Includes
1. Aqua Pearls 2. Suduko (480x272 only) 3. Arvale 4. Solitaire 5. Flux (480x272 only) 6. Gems (480x272 only) 7. Pda Mill Classics (Snake, Jewels, Fireball, Blocks, Blocks+, Cannon) 8. Bejewelled 2 (480x272 only) 9. Lode Runner 10. PacMan 2 (480x272 only) 11. Auqa Bubble 12. Rubik Cube (480x272 only) 13. Block Slider (480x272 only) 14. Asia (320x240 only) 15. Asia 2 (320x240 only) 16. Amigo Games (See Below) Tapping the Amigo Games Icon, brings up a new Menu that allows you to play the Games supplied with Amigo ( in Your Resolution), that are not included in the main Games Tab
Amigo GAMES Icon
1. Boards 2. Bowling 3. Corsair 4. Fun Factory 5. Minecarts 6. Asia (480x272 only) 7. Asia 2 (480x272 only) 8. Gems (320x240 only) 9. Suduko (3320x240) 10. Games 1 (This will take you back to the Games Tab, or taping any of the Top Tabs will also take you out of the Menu) Through the use of MortScript files these Games will run without installing and running the Amigo SatNav software.
480x272 Gives access to various system and media application. Includes
1. WinCE Explorer 2. CE Commander 3. WR Tools Resinfo ( All you need to no about your unit, Systen, Storage, Memory etc.) 4. Move Window (Useful for those menus that are off screen in 320x240) 5. USB Settings ( Allows you to change from Active Sync to USB Mass storage(not recommended)) 6. Settings Utility ( Access to Backlight, Date/Time Screen Calibration and Power settings) 7. Core Player (Media Player) 8. Print Screen (Screen capture program) 9. File Manager CE (480x272 Only) 10. Restart (480x272 Only) 11. Image Viewer (480x272 Only) 12. MP3 Player (Nitrogen) (480x272 Only) 13. Speedo (480x272 Only. in 320x240 GPS Utils Menu) 14. Task Manager (480x272 Only)
GPS UTILS (320 x240 Only)
Allows access to all other navigation software, that, due to the 320x240 screen size could not go in the SatNav Tab. Note the fifth tab on the 480x272 is a holding tab and only contains a link to TaskManager. The software for all programs, plus a few more besides is included in both versions of the menu. With the use of a text editor (Notepad, etc) the icons can be altered to individual tastes. More information on how this is carried out later in the Guide.
2. Installing Navigation SoftwareAs mentioned earlier the download does not contain any navigation software, but all icons are linked to the default installation folders (included in Download) and executables. NOTE: - Be aware that the size of the SD Card limits the amount of software that can be installed. I am not going into detail on how to install the software as it is covered in greater detail on the Forum. But here is an outline of what the menu is expecting to run the software
1. TomTom 7 To be installed in the mobilenavigator folder and the executable is \SDMMC\mobilenavigator\mobilenavigator.exe. Follow RoosterNo1s excellent guide http://www.simplesatnav.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=62 And either use Muppet proof, V8 or FastActivate Keygens. 2. Navigon To be installed in the NAVIGON folder and the executable is \SDMMC\NAVIGON\Navigon.exe. I recommend you use Version 7.4.2 for 480x272 and Version 7.4.3 for 320x240. 3. iGO Primo To be installed in the Primo folder and the executable is \SDMMC\Primo\IGO.exe. Ensure you have the latest and correct data.zip for your screen resolution. 4. Destinator To be installed in the Navigation folder and the executable is \SDMMC\Navigation\Navigation.exe. 5. nDrive To be installed in the NDrive Folder and the executable is \SDMMC\NDrive\NDrive.exe 6. Amigo To be installed in the Amigo Folder and the executable is \SDMMC\Amigo\Amigo.exe
7. Memory Map To be installed in the Memory-Map Pocket Nav OS 5 folder and the executable is \SDMMC\ Memory-Map Pocket Nav OS 5\MMPocketNav.exe 8. OziExplorer To be installed in the Ozi folder and the executable is \SDMMC\Ozi\OziExplorerCE.exe. 9. iGO 8 To be installed in the IGO8 folder and the executable is \SDMMC\IGO8\Igo8.exe (Note check the download as different versions have varied names) 10. Route66 V9 To be installed in ROUTE66_V9 folder and the executable is \SDMMC\ROUTE66_V9\ROUTE 66 Maps.exe. 11. Sygic To be installed in Sygic folder and the executable is \SDMMC\Drive.exe.
3. Customising the MenusThe menus and Icons can be edited to meet you own personal preferences. The information for all icons on the menu and there positioning are contained in ini files in the Folder \SDMMC\Menu\Config\. Each file is named similar to the Tab it represents, i.e the SatNav Tab is GPS.ini, Tools is Tools.ini, and so on. The ini file is in 4 parts, Global Settings, Program Button/Icons, Top Bar Buttons/Icons, Bottom Bar Icons. To understand how these ini files work, here are example, with an explanation after each section:-
GLOBALSETTINGS ShowMessage = 0 QuitOnDoubleClick = no X=0 Y=0 Width = 320 Height = 240 Arrange = No BackgroundBitmap = ..\Backgrounds\Black_320x240.bmp StartUpAnimation = FlyRight #StartUpAnimation = NoAnimation Accelerated = Yes TopMost = no This section is for the Global setting of the menu Tab, there should be no need to change this. The user can change the background image, the new image must have the same attributes as the original.
############################################################## # PROGRAM BUTTONS/ICONS ############################ #MEMORYMAP ICONXPBUTTON x = 15 y = 55 NewIni = \SDMMC\MemoryMap\MMPocketNav.exe (could also be Command instead of NewIni) SizeNormal = 48 SizePushed = 48 ScaleAlpha = 100 IconNormal = ..\Icons\MMpocket.ico ScaleAlpha = 100 IconPushed = ..\Icons\MMpocket.ico QuitOnExecute = no
TEXT x=8 y = 105 Text = MemoryMap Color = FFFFFF FrameColor = 000000 Size = 13 Weight = 700 CreateFont
This is the section that most user will wish to change. It determines the program icons and tells the menu what program to start when pushed/ Each Icon has 2 sections , ICONXPBUTTON and TEXT. Taking the ICONXPBUTTON first , the first line is the Name of the Button x = 15 The x position of the Icon on the screen (Left/Right) y = 55 The y position of the Icon on the screen (Top/Bottom) NewIni = \SDMMC\MemoryMap\MMPocketNav.exe The line "NewIni" is the application that you want the icon to link to. In this case, the application is the Memory Map. You can change that path reflect the program you wish to open. NewIni = \SDMMC\xxxx \yyyy(where xxxx is your subfolder, and yyyy is the program executable On some menus the Newini is replaced by Command in the 2 menus I have used there is a mix. The way they work is the same. Command = \SDMMC\xxxx \yyyy(where xxxx is your subfolder, and yyyy is the program executable SizeNormal = 48 SizePushed = 48 These 2 determine the size of the Icon on the menu, you can increase or decrease the size , also making the size pushed different gives a visual indication that the icon has been pushed.