Map and Tour Guide
HEX SIGN BARNS
Old Route 22 - Bethel to Allentown
Berks County, Pennsylvania
1-800- HEX TOUR
PA Dutch Hex Tour Association
Hexsigns specialize in hand painted hexsigns, milkcans & tinware. We
also paint directly on your barn! Call for details or e-mail hexpool151@
hotmail.com or visit my website at claypoolehexsigns.com
26. Deitsch Eck Restaurant - 610-562-8520. 87 Penn St. Lenhartsville,
PA 19534. Genuine PA Dutch Cooking, Hex signs, artwork, Open
Wednesday to Sunday. The-eck.com
27. Lesher’s Appliances, Inc. – 71 Penn St. Quality appliances &
prompt, courteous service. Over 60 years at the same location.
Daily Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 8a.m. -5p.m., Tuesday and
Thursday 8a.m. – 6:30p.m. Saturday 8a.m.-12 noon. 610-562-8577 or
28. Peter’s Bros. Meat Market, Inc. – 65 Penn Street, Lenhartsville.
Home-cured Berks County products since 1940. “Quality Assured
Always.” Mon – Fri 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sat. 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. 610-562-2231
29. Robin Hill Camping Resort – 149 Robin Hill Road, Lenhartsville,
PA. 610-756-6117 or 800-732-5267 robinhillrvresort.com. We offer
full hook up RV sites, tent sites, rustic cabins & premier cottages.
Family oriented resort featuring pool, 3 playgrounds, game room,
snack bar, planned activities, cable TV, Wi-Fi and more!
30. Greater Reading Convention & Visitors Bureau –Take-a-Ride!
There is something for everyone in Greater Reading. Call toll-free 800-
443-6610 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a
free Visitors Guide. gogreaterreading.com
31. Roadside America – Indoor miniature village. 8,000 sq. ft. display –
Open daily 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekends 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Exit
23 Shartlesville off I-78. Call: 610-488-6241 roadsideamericainc.com
32. Appalachian RV Resort – 60 Motel Drive, Shartlesville, PA. We
offer full hookup to W.E.C. RV sites; to W.E. Tent Sites and to cabin
rentals. Family activities, store, restaurant, modern bath houses,
pool, playground and more. Come Stay with us! 610-488-6319 or
33. Pennsylvania Dutch Gift Haus – 93 Roadside Drive, Shartlesville, PA.
The Pennsylvania Dutch Gift Haus features a large variety of Hex Signs,
PA Dutch Style and hand-crafted gifts and much more! Open daily from
10 am to 5 pm. 610-488-6529 or pennsylvaniadutchgifthaus.com.
34. Kuzan’s True Value Hardware – 1069 Pottsville Pike (RT 61 N)
Shoemakersville, PA. A hardware store with hard to find items and
large gift section featuring Amish furniture and seasonal items.
Closed Sundays 610-562-7186, kuzanshardware.com
35. Berks County Heritage Center – 1102 Red Bridge Road Reading,
PA. Visit the Gruber Wagon Works, Heister Canal Center, and Wertz’s
Bridge. Open May – October; Tuesday – Saturday 10:00am – 4:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm – 5:00pm, Closed on Mondays. 610-374-8839,
1. Koziar’s Christmas Village – Exit #19 off of Rt.78, Take Rt.183 S.
to Bernville, Approx. 6 miles “The Greatest Christmas Display In The
U.S.A”. Our 69th Year! One of the Top 100 attractions in North America!
Open evenings in Nov. & Dec. See koziarschristmasvillage.com or call
2. Clover Hill Vineyards & Winery – Tasting room situated, amid
18 acres of vineyard. Proudly showcasing quality PA grown wines,
available for tasting in a scenic, rural setting. cloverhillwinery.com for
hours and current events, 1-888-CLOVERHILL
3. Hamburg Moose Family Center – Located at: 12 S. 3rd Street, tobacco
free, Great Food, Cold Drinks, Friendliest place in town. 610-562-4007
4. Hilltop Service, Inc. – Landscaping, hydro-seeding and erosion
control services provided to customers since 1993. E-mail us at
5. Indian Fort Inn – 1343 Hex Highway – Historic setting, casual
environment with outside dining. Can accommodate large groups; Ice
cream parlor. theindianfortinn.com 610-562-4315
6. Our Town Foundation – 335 State Street - Shop, Dine, Explore Historic
Downtown Hamburg. Located at the heart of the tour route along Hex
Highway. Welcome center and art and craft gallery are located inside the
Our Town Foundation office. 610-562-3106 hamburgpa.org
7. Thren’s Auto Parts-515 Hawk Ridge Dr. Full line of automotive parts,
accessories, car detailing products, tools. Hours: Mon-Fri. 8a.m.-close,
Sat. 8a.m.-5p.m. Closed Sundays 610-562-7838
8. Reading Railroad Heritage Museum – 500 S. Third Street. For adults
and kids: see and touch real trains. Caboose tours, indoor exhibits,
model trains, films, museum store. Hours: Sat. 10 AM-4 PM, Sun. Noon-
4 PM. readingrailroad.org. 610-562-5513.
9. The Westy Bar & Grill – 279 W. State Street. westybarandgrill.com
10. The Windsor Press, Inc. – 6 N. Third Street. For all your printing,
photo copying and faxing needs. windsorpress.com. 610-562-2267
11. The Country Seat, Inc. – Basketry, gourd weaving and chair seating,
supplies and kits. Handwoven baskets, beaded jewelry & woven seat
stools, chairs & porch rockers ready for gift giving. Classes offered year
round. 1013 Old Philly Pike, from Rt. 143 turn onto Hawk Mt. Rd. &
follow signs. Check website for hours. Closed Sunday. 610-756-6124
12. Wanamaker, Kempton & Southern Inc. – Come ride the WK & S
Railroad…Weekends from May through November for a ride back in time
when railroads were “King.” The WK & S offers special events throughout
the season…ALL ABOARD! 610-756-6358. Kemptontrain.com
13. Dietrich’s Meats & Country Store – I-78, Exit 40, Krumsville.
Top quality fresh & smoked meats, old-fashioned hickory smoked
hams, bacons & bolognas. Free samples Open 7 days 610-756-6344
14. Pine Hill RV Park- Large pull thru sites for big rigs, 30/50 AMP service,
cable TV, cabin, easy access to I-78 Minutes to Cabelas, Dorney Park, and
Kutztown Festival. 610-285-6776. Pinehillrvpark.com
15. Crystal Cave – Near Kutztown, 963 Crystal Cave Rd. Pennsylvania’s
greatest natural wonder. Offering underground cave tours, panning for
gemstones, mini golf, Dutch food, ice cream parlor, museum, souvenir
shop. Open March 1 through November 30. 610-683-6765 crystalcavepa.
16. Kutztown Area Historical Society – 212 South Whiteoak Street,
Kutztown. Our 1892 Public School Building is a cherished Victorian gem
on the National Register of Historic Places. We offer exhibits and programs
on Kutztown and East Penn Valley history and lore. kutztownhistory.org
17. Kutztown Folk Festival – PA Dutch Folk-life Festival & celebration! July
2 – July 10, 2016. 2,000 locally handmade quilts, 200 juried folk artists,
folklore. 5 stages of entertainment. Children’s farmyard theatre & play
area. PA Dutch food & farmer’s market. July 2,3,8 ,9 10:00am -8:00pm.
July 4,5,6,7,10 10:00am – 6:00pm.. 1-888-674-6136 kutztownfestival.com
18. PA German Cultural Heritage Center at Kutztown University –22
Luckenbill Road, Kutztown. PA Dutch folklife museum featuring
genealogical & cultural research library, tours of the mid-19th-century
farmstead, Wagonhurst Tin Shop exhibit, and one room schoolhouse.
Please Schedule tours in advance. 610-683-1589 for more information, or
19. Renninger’s Antiques & Farmers Market – 740 Noble Street Kutztown,
PA 19530. Something for everyone at Renninger’s Kutztown Farmers
Market; Open every Friday and Saturday. Antique and Flea Markets open
Saturday. Special events throughout the year 610-683-6848, renningers.
20. Sittler Golf Center – Route 222, Kutztown. Golf Driving Range, 18
Hole Mini Golf Course, Snack Shop with 40 Flavors of Soft Serve Ice
Cream. Fully stocked award-winning golf shop, Top 100 Golf Digest Club
Fitter. Open Year Round. 610-683-7232. Sittlergolf.com.
21. Leesport Farmers Market – Every Wed. Indoor/outdoor market
featuring farm fresh produce, bakery items, meats & cheeses, plus many
new/used items & collectibles in our open-air flea market. Also Berks
County’s only weekly livestock auction. 610-926-1307 leesportmarket.com
22. Discover Lehigh Valley - 840 Hamilton Street, Suite 200, Allentown,
PA 18101 610-882-9200, FAX 610-882-0343 discoverlehighvalley.com.
23. Wingate by Wyndham – 4325 Hamilton Blvd. Allentown, PA 18103
24. Blue Rocks Family Campground – 341 Sousley Rd. Lenhartsville,
PA 19534. 610-756-6366, Hiking…fishing…camping…All trails lead to
Family Fun. Located right off the Appalachian Trail. RV sites, cabins,
cottages and tent sites. The awe-inspiring boulder field has amazed people
since 1930. bluerockscampground.com.
25. Claypoole Hex Signs – 227 Schock Rd. 610-562-8911, Claypoole
HEX SIGN TOUR
Hex Tour Brochure 2014.indd 1 5/18/2016 9:59:26 AM