Embed Size (px)
Text of Podcast converted
- 1. Podcasting Digital Audio in Classroom
2. 3. Overview
- Learning Common Podcast Terms
- Consider Podcasts in Lesson Planning
4. Look at Podcasts
- What podcasts are and where to find them.
- Some different types of podcasts.
- Purposes of podcasts, and who uses them.
- Which of the following are examples of content that can be found as a podcast? (Select all that apply.)
- Which types of podcasts do you think would be most useful to you?
- Write a list of possible ways you might use podcasting in your classroom.
7. Learning Common Podcast Terms
- Some common words and phrases used in podcasting.
- Which of the following examples are digital audio players? (Select all that apply.)
- List some podcasting terms and definitions that you may not have known before going through this lesson.
10. Accessing Podcast
- Get familiar with various devices and programs that catch, manage, store, and play podcasts.
- Examine various podcast Web sites:
- Podcasts are primarily made available on the _________.
- A software program that reads podcast feeds and manages your podcast preferences is called a podcatcher, or aggregator.
- List some of the podcast mediums and types that you'd find useful in your classroom.
14. Consider Podcasts in Lesson Planning
- Explore some ways that teachers can include podcasts
- Discussion the teachers role in student podcasting, including monitoring content, acceptable use, and safety.
- Exploring creating podcasts for use in classroom learning.
- List some ways that podcasts could be included in lesson plans.
- List some of the considerations you will need to make to incorporate podcasts in your classroom lessons.
16. Using podcast in classroom
- Use Podcasts in Collaborative Assignments
- Set Up Podcasts for Absent Students
- Engage Parents with Podcasts
- Prepare Substitute Teachers via Podcasts
- Integrate Podcasts in Elementary Education
- Integrate Podcasts in subjects
17. Use Podcasts in Collaborative Assignments
- Some examples of how podcasts can be used in collaborative assignments.
- Discuss: how to plan lessons with group projects incorporating audio or video podcasts into a variety of subjects.
- List some ways that you might incorporate podcasts into group projects or presentations for a variety of subjects.
- List some ways you've thought of using podcasts in your own collaborative lessons.
19. Set Up Podcasts for Absent Students
- Some of the ways that podcasts can benefit absent students.
- Some types of podcasts that can be made for absent students.
- Write down some of your own ideas for employing podcasts for absent students.
21. Engage Parents with Podcasts
- Learn how to use podcasts to communicate with parents.
- Describe ways that podcasts can be used to share students work with their parents.
- Explore few platforms for sharing podcasts with parents.
- Write down some ways you could use podcasts to communicate with parents.
23. Prepare Substitute Teachers via Podcasts
- Suggestion of some ways that substitute teachers can be given class subject matter information via podcasts.
- Learn how podcasts can be used to demonstrate a class period for a substitute teacher.
- Explain how to use podcasts to give a substitute teacher instructions for a class.
- What are some different ways you could help prepare substitutes for your class? Write them in the space below.
25. Integrate Podcasts in Elementary Education
- Explain some ways that syndicated podcasts can be incorporated into elementary school lesson plans.
- Offering ideas for creating podcasts for elementary lesson plans.
- Explore helping students learn by creating their own podcasts.
- List any challenges you foresee in using podcasts in elementary school, and then list possible solutions to those.
- List a few podcast topics that you would like to find and play for elementary school students.
27. Integrate Podcasts in subjects 28. Audacity
- Work with Multiple Tracks
- Understand MP3 Conversion
29. Real life Examples 30. Tips 31. Post Podcasts to the Web 32. Employ RSS Feeds of Podcasts 33. Find Podcast Resource Materials 34.