SECTION 1: e-Business Suite Essentials1. Logging In to Oracle Applications, Creating Favorites, Navigating Through Responsibilities and Menus, Closing a Form, Logging Out of Oracle Applications(A) 1. 2. Logging In to Oracle Applications Open the URL given by the Instructor in Internet Explorer or Netscape. Use the following information to log in: Username: XXXXX Password: XXXXX (B) Login
Section I: Creating Favorites 3. Enter a function: Responsibility: Inventory, Vision Operations (USA) Function Prompt: Receipts Favorite: XX_Receipts Section II: Logging In to Forms-Based Interface 4. Navigating through responsibilities and menus:
On the PHP, click the Assets, Vision Operations (USA) responsibility to find the different menus available such as Financial Information, Transaction History, and Accounting Events under this responsibility. Click the Financial Information link under Inquiry to open up a form. Go through the different fields such as Asset Number, Description, Tag, Asset Key, and Book in this form. On the PHP, click the Cash Management, Vision Operations (USA) to find the different menus available under this responsibility. Click the Bank Balances link to open a Web page.
Go through the different fields such as Balance Date, Name, Type, and Account Number on this Web page. Close the Web page. 5. Closing a form:
On the PHP, click Cash Management, Vision Operations (USA) responsibility. Open the Reconcile Bank Statements form. Use menu to close form. 6. Logging out of Oracle Applications:
Exit R12 Forms Interface. Log out of the PHP.
2. Retrieving and Deleting a Record(A) 1. Logging In to Oracle Applications Log in to Oracle Applications: Username: XXXXX Password: XXXXX (B) Login
2. On the PHP, click the Order Management Super User, Vision Operations (USA) responsibility. 3. Click Sales Orders link under Orders, Returns. Retrieving a Record 4. Show how a record can be retrieved using the keyboard and menu functions. Using Keyboard Keys Press [F11]. Enter the customer name A. C. Networks in the Customer field. Press [Ctrl], [F11] keys together. The sales orders records created for this customer is retrieved. Use the up-arrow and down-arrow buttons to show how the record changes. Using Menu Functions Keep cursor in the Order Number field and press [F6]. (M) View > Query By Example > Enter Enter the Customer name A. C. Networks in the Customer field. (M) View > Query By Example > Run The sales order record is retrieved.
Note: Also show how a record can be retrieved using the Find Icon. Deleting a Record
Click (T) Line Items. Place cursor over line 2.1. (M) Edit > Delete (I) Save Close the form. Open the Sales Order and show that the Item AS54888 is not available any more. Note: Inform that most of the records cannot be deleted in this way, but have to give an end date for the same not to be used after that end date.
3. Running a Single Request Report(A) Logging In to Oracle Applications Username: XXXXX Password: XXXXX (B) Login Run a Single Request Report 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. Use Order Management Super User, Vision Operations (USA) responsibility. Navigate to the submit request form (N) Reports, Requests > Run Reports. Choose the default Single Request and click OK. Select Orders Summary Report from the LOV. Choose the default Operating Unit: Vision Operations. In the parameters window, choose the default and click OK. Click Submit. Note the Request ID and click No on the decision screen. View the above request using (M) View > Requests. Choose the default All my requests. Click Find. Click View Output to find the Orders Summary report.
4. Defining / Creating an Item
TasksDefining / Creating an Item 1. 2. Responsibility = Inventory, Vision Operations (USA) Navigate to the Master Item Window. (N) Items > Master Items Organization = M1- Seattle Manufacturing 3. Create a new item by entering the following information. Item = XX_Item Description = XX_Item Template = Finished Goods 4. 5. Save the record. Close the Form. Using XX_Item in Order Management 6. 7. 8. Switch responsibility to Order Management Super User, Vision Operations (USA). (N) Orders, Returns > Sales Order Enter the following information: Order Type = Mixed Ordered Item = XX_Item 9. Close the Form without saving.
5. Creating a Supplier in Payables and Accessing from Purchasing1. 2. 3. 4. Responsibility = Payables, Vision Operations (USA) (N) Suppliers > Entry (B) Create Supplier Enter the following information: Supplier Type = Select the default Standard Supplier check box Organization Name: XX_Supplier Search for the Country of Origin: United States Select Option Button: Country Name = United States, Country Code = US (B) Select (B) Apply Note down the Supplier number: ______________ Note down the Registry Number: _____________ Enter Site Name = XX_Suppliers Enter Operating Unit = Vision Operations, (B) Go (B) Save (T) Key Purchasing Setups Click Address Book Link (Top left) drop-down values (B) Create 5. Enter the following information (for Address):
Country: Accept Default (United States) Address Line 1: #20 (Mandatory) Address Line 2: 5th Cross Address Line 3: 5th Street Address Line 4: Fizzy Road
City: New York County: New York State: NY Postal Code: 10020 Address Name: XX_Supplier_Site (Mandatory) Language = American English (B) Continue Address Purpose: Select the Purchasing and Payment check boxes (B) Continue Select the check box besides XX_Supplier and Vision Operations (B) Apply 6. Click Quick Update Link.
7. Accept the default Ship To Location and Bill To Location, FOB, Country of Origin values. 8. 9. 10. (B) Save Close the window. Switch responsibility to Purchasing, Vision Operations (USA).
Enter a Purchase Order as follows: 11. 12. (N) Purchase Orders > Purchase Orders Enter the following information:
Operating Unit: Select Vision Operations from LOV Type: Accept Default (Standard Purchase Order) Supplier: Find the Supplier XX_Supplier Close the form without saving. Therefore, it is seen that the Suppliers entity is shared across applications. It is defined in one application and accessed in another. Note: Suppliers are now part of the Trading Community Architecture.
To show how an entity defined in the Forms-Based Interface can be seen in a Self Service Application: 13. Use the Purchasing, Vision Operations (USA) responsibility.
Navigate to the Requisitions Window using (N) Requisitions > Requisitions Operating Unit: Select Vision Operations from LOV Type = Select Purchase Requisition from LOV Description = Test for SSA (T) Lines Item = Select AS54999 from the LOV Quantity = 10 Need-By = Take Current Date +1 Day Below the Line level, select Supplier = XX_Supplier (created above) Select Site = XX_Supplier_Address Select the default values. Save Write down the Requisition Number = _______________ Close the Requisitions Form.
6. Creating a Customer in Receivables and Accessing from Order Management and InventoryCreating a Customer Responsibility = Receivables, Vision Operations (USA) (N) Customers > Customers Create a new customer. Enter the following information: Customer Type = Organization Organization Name = XX_Customer Country = United States Address Line 1 = #250 Address Line 2 = Street # 2 Address Line 3 = Go Meery Road City = New York County = New York State = NY Postal Code = 10250 Address Description = XX_Customer_Site Operating Unit = Vision Operations Bill To = Primary Apply the changes. Note down the Registry Number: _____________ Close the window. Switch responsibility to Order Management Super User, Vision Operations (USA). (N) Orders, Returns > Sales Orders Customer = XX_Customer
Close Form without saving. Switch responsibility to Inventory, Vision Operations (USA). (N) Items > Customer Items > Customer Items Organization = M1 Seattle Manufacturing Customer Name = XX_Customer Close Form without saving.
7. Creating a New Employee and Creating a ResourceDefining an Employee 1. 2. Responsibility = Human Resources, Vision Enterprises Navigate to the Define Person Window.
(N) People > Enter and Maintain 3. Enter the following information:
Last = Samuels First = XX_James Gender = Select M or F as appropriate Action = Create Employment Person Type = Employee 4. 5. Save your record. Record your employee number __________________.
Creating an Assignment 6. 7. a. Navigate to the Assignment Window by clicking (B) Assignment. Enter the following information: Organization = Vision Operations In the Group field, enter as follows: b. c. d. Team = Financials National Bargaining Unit = ALPA Select following:
Job = MGR500.Manager Position = MM400.Materials Manager 8. 9. Accept the default values. (T) Supervisor
Name = Brown, Ms. Casey 10. 11. 12. Save your record. Accept the default location value. Close all the windows and return to the Navigator page.
Creating a Resource 13. 14. Responsibility = CRM Resource Manager, Vision Enterprises Navigate to the Select Resources to Import Window.
(N) Maintain Resources > Import Resources 15. Select / Enter the following:
Resource Category = Employee Number = Employee number of Samuels, XX James created above 16. 17. Search for the Employee. Import the details of Employee to create a Resource. - Select Role = Credit Manager (From LOV) 18. Save the created Resource.
19. Find the Resource details. 20. 21. Record your resource number _______________. Close all the windows and return to the Navigator page.
8. Creating a New UserCreating a New User 1. 2. Responsibility = System Administrator Navigate to the Define Users Window.
(N) Security > User > Define 3. Specify User details.
Username = XXEBSTUDENT (where XX is your terminal ID or initia