1. 16.07.2013 / 14:53 CONTENTS Sheet Comments 1 NOTES 2 MONTH-END CLOSING CROSS-MODULE PLANNING SCHEDULE a FI/CO MONTH END SCHEDULE b PROFIT CENTRE ACCOUNTING c BACKGROUND d BACKGROUND - IF PROFIT CENTRE ACCOUNTING IS IMPLEMENTED SAP R3 Month-end Cross-Module Closing Schedule / Contents 1/20.
2. 16.07.2013 / 14:53 NOTES A Basic Rules 1 Dependencies first. 2 Recommended Broad Sequence of Events a All FI postings incl. from LO & AM b All intra-CO Postings c Activity Prices d Equivalence Numbers e Activities f Overhead Rates g Overhead & Surcharge Allocation h Results Analysis i Variance Calculation j Settlement k Stat Key Figures l CCA Cycles m CO-FI Reconciliation Posting n FI BA/PC Clearing o FI PA Adjustment p FI Period Close q MM Shifter r Validation of results s Rest 3 B General 1 The "X" markings in the "Priority" columns are merely examples. 2 Indicate in column "A" by means of a "Y" which of the modules and tasks will be used. Set the filter on "Y". 3 Each company should update the schedule as required. 4 The schedule can then be copied per month and the "X"s replaced with actual dates and times. 5 Should any other activities need to be added, simply insert in the applicable area and update as required. Toggle "Protect Sheet" as required. All activities indicated in a priority column must be completed BEFORE commencing activities indicated in the next column. Therefore a left to right rule applies. Per module, activities per column should largely be completed in the order of appearance. SAP R3 Month-end Cross-Module Closing Schedule / 1 2 /20
3. 16.07.2013 / 14:53 Area Modl Sq Activity TCode -7 -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 FI GL General Ledger FI GL 1 Clear prior months VAT to the payment clearing account S_ALR_87012357, FB41 X FI GL 2 Pay prior months VAT due X FI GL 3 Post periodic standard journals FB50/F-02 X FI GL 4 Accruals Manual postings X FI GL 5 Account Clearing Automatic or Manual F.13/F-03 X FI GL 6 Execute Recurring Entries F.14/F.15 X FI GL 7 Interest Calculation F.52 X FI GL 8 Maintain Exchange Rates OB08 X FI GL 9 Foreign Currency Open Item & Account Valuation F.05 X FI GL 10 Enter Accruals/Deferrals Current Month FBS1 X FI GL 11 Reverse Accrual/Deferrals Prior month F.81 X FI GL 12 GR/IR Clearing F.19 FI GL 13 Profit and Loss Adjustment F.50 X FI GL 14 Balance Sheet Adjustment F.5D - F.5G FI GL 15 Check/Count - Comparison F.03 X FI GL 16 Period Close OB52 X FI GL 17 Reporting X FI GL 18 Reconciliation of BS Accounts X FI GL 19 Validate control accounts re AR, AP, AM, CO, MM, etc. X FI GL 20 Confirm Business Area Balancing (After CO-CE Reconciliation Posting CO FI) X FI GL 21 Carry-forward balances F.16 FI AR Account Receivable FI AR 1 Post adjustment journals FB70/FB75 X FI AR 2 Post incoming payments F-28 X FI AR 3 Process refunds X FI AR 4 Recurring entries F.14/F.15 X FI AR 5 Interest Calculation F.2A,F.2B,F.2C, F.24,F.26 X FI AR 6 Account Clearing F.13/F-03 X FI AR 7 Maintain Exchange Rates OB08 X FI AR 8 Foreign Currency Open Item Valuation F.05 X FI AR 9 Doubtful Receivables Transfer Posting F103 X FI AR 10 Reserve for Bad Debt F104 X FI AR 11 Reclassify Receivables F101 X FI AR 12 Check/Count F.03,F.2E,F.17, F.1B,F.1A X FI AR 13 Period Close OB52 X FI AR 14 Validate Totals against GL Control Accounts X FI AR 15 Reporting X FI AR 16 Dunning F.150 X FI AR 17 Correspondence including Statements X Priority SAP R3 Month-end Cross-Module Closing Schedule / 2 3 /20.
4. 16.07.2013 / 14:53 Area Modl Sq Activity TCode -7 -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 Priority FI AR 18 Evaluations F.29/F.30 X FI AR 19 Carry-forward balances F.07 X FI AR 20 Archive F48A,F64A,FCAA,F56A,F61A X FI AP Accounts Payable FI AP 1 Post adjustment journals FB60/FB65 X FI AP 2 Post Vendor Intercompany Postings FB60/FB65 FI AP 3 Manual payments F-53,F-58 X FI AP 4 Payment run F110 X FI AP 5 Recurring entries F.14/F.15 X FI AP 6 Interest Calculation F.2A,F.2B,F.2C, F.24,F.26 X FI AP 7 Account Clearing F.13/F.44 X FI AP 8 Maintain Exchange Rates OB08 X FI AP 9 Foreign Currency Open Item Valuation F.05 X FI AP 10 Reclassify Payables F101 X FI AP 11 Check/Count F.03,F.2E,F.17, F.1B,F.1A X FI AP 12 Cleared Cheque Issued FCHR FI AP 13 Period Close OB52 X FI AP 14 Validate Totals against GL Control Accounts X FI AP 15 Reporting X FI AP 16 Correspondence F.61,F.63,F.27,F.62 X FI AP 17 Evaluations F.45/F.46 X FI AP 18 Carry-forward balances F.07 X FI AP 19 Archiving F48A,F64A,FCAA,F56A,F61A X FI BANK Bank Accounting FI BANK 1 Archiving F61A FI AM Asset Management FI AM 1 Finalise all transactions X FI AM 2 Settle/Capitalise Assets under Construction AIAB,AIBU X FI AM 3 Revaluation Manual or automatic AR29 X FI AM 4 Set Index Figures ABAW/OAV5 X FI AM 5 Depreciation Run AFAB X FI AM 6 Periodic Posting ASKB FI AM 7 Validate Totals against GL Control and Expense Accounts X FI AM 8 Account Reconciliation ABST2 X FI AM 9 Reporting X FI AM 10 Fiscal Year change AJRW X FI AM 11 Year-end closing AJAB X CO CCA Cost Center Accounting CO CCA 1 Intra-CO postings KB11N,KB14N,KB41N,KB44N,KB61,KB64 X CO CCA 2 Activity Prices KP26 X SAP R3 Month-end Cross-Module Closing Schedule / 2 4 /20.
5. 16.07.2013 / 14:53 Area Modl Sq Activity TCode -7 -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 Priority CO CCA 3 Activity Postings KB21N,KB24N,KB65, KB66,KB67,KB51, KB54 X CO CCA 4 Statistical Key Figures Postings KB31N,KB34N X CO CCA 5 Periodic reposting KSW5 X CO CCA 6 Accrual Calculation KSA3 X CO CCA 7 Actual Overhead KSI4 X CO CCA 8 Overhead Commitment KSO9 X CO CCA 9 Completion of standard tasks by ALL accountants CO CCA 10 Distribution KSV5 X CO CCA 11 Assessment KSU5 X CO CCA 12 Indirect Activity Allocation KSC5 CO CCA 13 Template Allocation KPAS CO CCA 14 Target=Actual Activity Allocation KNMA CO CCA 15 Variances KSS1 CO CCA 16 Predistribution of Fixed Costs KSFX CO CCA 17 Splitting KSS2 CO CCA 18 Price Calculation KSII CO CCA 19 Confirm expected results of cycles, etc. X CO CCA 20 Period lock OKP1 X CO CCA 21 Summarisation KR05 X CO CCA 22 Reporting X CO CCA 23 Commitment carried forward KSCF CO CCA 24 Archiving KA10,KA12,KA16,KA18,FMRE_ARCH X CO IOA Internal Order Accounting CO IOA 1 Activity Prices KP26 X CO IOA 2 Activity Postings KB21N,KB24N,KB65, KB66,KB67,KB51, KB54 X CO IOA 3 Statistical Key Figures Postings KB31N,KB34N X CO IOA 4 Template Allocation CPTA/CPTB CO IOA 5 Revaluation at Actual Prices KON1/KON2 CO IOA 6 Overhead Rates KOG2/4 & KGI2/4 CO IOA 7 Interest Calculation CJZ6/CJZ8 CO IOA 8 Status Management KO02,KOK2,KOK4 X CO IOA 9 Results Analysis KKA0,KKA1,KKAI X CO IOA 10 Settlement KO88,KO8G,KOB5 X CO IOA 11 Check for expected, and unexpected, developments X CO IOA 12 Period lock OKP1 X CO IOA 13 Order Summarisation KKRC X CO IOA 14 Reporting X CO IOA 15 Archiving KOAR,KOAA,FMRE_ARCH X SAP R3 Month-end Cross-Module Closing Schedule / 2 5 /20.
6. 16.07.2013 / 14:53 Area Modl Sq Activity TCode -7 -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 Priority CO PP Production Controlling CO PP 1 Activity Prices KP26 X CO PP 2 Activity Postings incl. via Completion Confirmations KB21N,KB24N,KB65,KB66,KB67,KB51,KB54 X CO PP 3 Statistical Key Figures KB31N,KB34N X CO PP 4 Maintain Templates S_ALR_87008041 CO PP 5 Overhead Rates S_ALR_87008272,S_ALR_87008275 X CO PP 6 Status Management CO02 X CO PP 7 Template Allocation KPTA,KPTD CO PP 8 Revaluation at Actual Prices KFN1,KON2 CO PP 9 Overheads KGI2,KO43 X CO PP 10 Closing RA Period KKA0 X CO PP 11 WIP Calculation KKAX,KKAO X CO PP 12 Variance Calculation KKS2,KKS1 CO PP 13 Settlement KO88,CO88 X CO PP 14 Confirm WIP, etc. against the GL Accounts X CO PP 15 Check for expected, and unexpected, developments X CO PP 16 Period lock OKP1 X CO PP 17 Order Summarisation KKRV,KKRC,KKRS X CO PP 18 Order Selection S_ALR_87013127 X CO PP 19 Reporting X CO PP 20 Archiving KOAR,KOAA X CO PC Product Costing CO PC 1 Create Standard Cost Estimates CK40N, CK11N,KKPAN X CO PC 2 Price Update (Marking) CK40N,CK24 X CO PC 3 Price Update (Release) CK40N,CK24 X CO PS Project Systems CO PS 1 Periodic Reposting KSW5 CO PS 2 Template Allocation CPTK,CPTL CO PS 3 Revaluation at Actual Prices CJN1,CJN2 CO PS 4 Applied Overhead CJ44,CJ45 CO PS 5 Interest Calculation CJZ2,CJZ1 CO PS 6 Results Analysis CJC1,KKG2,KKA2, KKAJ CO PS 7 Settlement CJ88/CJ8G CO PA Profitability Analysis CO PA 1 Assess Cost Centre Costs KEU5 X CO PA 2 Indirect Activity Allocation KEG5 CO PA 3 Template Allocation CPAE CO PA 4 Periodic Valuation KE27 CO PA 5 Top-down Distribution KE28,KE29 CO PA 6 Confirm expected results X CO PA 7 Reconcile Billing and Cost of Sales to SD, GL, etc. X CO PA 8 Check for expected, and unexpected developments X SAP R3 Month-end Cross-Module Closing Schedule / 2 6 /20.
7. 16.07.2013 / 14:53 Area Modl Sq Activity TCode -7 -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 Priority CO PA 9 Summarisation KEDU,KEDW X CO PA 10 Reporting KE30 X CO CEA Cost Element Accounting CO CEA 1 Accrual Calculation KSA3 X CO CEA 2 Reconciliation posting CO->FI KALC X CO CEA 3 Reconcile cost element totals to the GL Accounts S_ALR_87013603 X CO CEA 4 Reconcile Business Area Balancing in CO to FI S_ALR_87013605 X CO CEA 5 Reporting X CO CEA 6 Period lock OKP1 X CO CEA 7 Archiving CO_ITEM_WR X CO PCA Profit Center Accounting CO PCA 1 Validate accuracy of assignments 1KE4 X CO PCA 2 Statistical Key Figures 9KE5,9KE6 X CO PCA 3 Distribution 4KE5 X CO PCA 4 Assessment 3KE5 X CO PCA 5 Transferring Payables/Receivables 1KEK X CO PCA 6 Compare and Reconcile G/L Accounts KE5U CO PCA 7 Confirm expected results X CO PCA 8 Check for expected, and unexpected, developments X CO PCA 9 Carry-forward balances 2KES X CO PCA 10 Reporting X CO PCA 11 Archiving KE72,KE73 X LO MM Material Master LO MM 1 Plan Price 1 Update SCAT X LO IM Inventory Management LO IM 1 Scrapping MB1A X LO IM 2 Change Prices MR21,CKMPRPN,CKME,CKMPCD X LO IM 3 Inventory Count Finalise MI* X LO IM 4 Post GR for stock-in-transit between Company Codes MB01, MB1B LO IM 5 Close Period (Shifter) MMPV X LO IM 6 Validate Totals against GL Control Accounts MB5L X LO IM 7 Validate Totals against Business Areas X LO IM 8 Analyse aggregate movements by Document Type for expected, and unexpected, movements. X LO IM 9 Reporting MB5S, etc. X LO IM 10 Determine Lowest Value MRN0,CKU1,MRN1,MRN2,MRN3,MRY1 X LO IM 11 LIFO/FIFO Valuation MRL*,MRF* X LO PU Purchasing LO PU 1 Rebate Settlements MEB4 X LO IV Invoice Verification LO IV 1 Evaluated Receipt Settlement MRRL X LO IV 2 Consignment Liability Settlement MRKO X SAP R3 Month-end Cross-Module Closing Schedule / 2 7 /20.
8. 16.07.2013 / 14:53 Area Modl Sq Activity TCode -7 -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 Priority LO IV 3 Pipeline Liabilities Settlement MRKO X LO IV 4 Maintain GR/IR GL Control Account MR11, MR11SHOW X LO SD Sales & Distribution LO SD 1 Incomplete SD Documents V.00 X LO SD 2 Release Orders for Billing V.23 X LO SD 3 Process Delivery Due List VL06O X LO SD 4 Process Billing Due List VF04, VF06 X LO SD 5 Review blocked sales orders and resolve any issues V.14,V.23 X LO SD 6 Review billing documents not posted to FI and resolve any issues VFX3,V21 X LO SD 7 Process Rebate Settlements VA42 X SAP R3 Month-end Cross-Module Closing Schedule / 2 8 /20.
9. 16.07.2013 / 14:53 FI/CO Month End Schedule # Description Auto/ Manual Area Respon sible Location Suggested Day of the Month Dependencies/ Events Triggered Comments TX Code/Program V.21 Logistics Sales & Distribution Billing Billing Document Billing Log Notes V.14 Logistics Sales & Distribution Sales Environment Document Analysis Blocked Sales Documents Corporate and VF06 Plants RSNAST00 Logistics Sales & Distribution Billing Billing Document Billing (Background) Manual MMPV or Logistics Materials management Material master. Other Close period. Auto OB52 IMG : Financial Accounting Financial Accounting Global Settings Document Posting Periods Open and close posting periods. OB08 IMG: Global Settings Currencies Enter exchange rates. 7 Recurring Entry Auto FI GL 1st Day of Month None Can be triggered as soon as they are known. SAPF120 F.14 Accounting- Financial Account- General Ledger Periodic Processing- Recurring Entries Execute Reporting Menu ** ZXXX 10 Send out message regarding Close of A/R and A/P Manual or Auto FI Central 2nd Day of Month Suggested approach for notifying users that the posting period will be closed for their areas. Can be an SAP system message. OB52 IMG : Financial Accounting Financial Accounting Global Settings Document Posting Periods Open and close posting periods. OB52 IMG : Financial Accounting Financial Accounting Global Settings Document Posting Periods Open and close posting periods. F.05 SAPF100 Accounting Financial accounting General ledger. Periodic processing Closing Valuate For.curr. OI valuatn. 14 Customer Aged Trial Balance (Detailed) Manual or Auto FI AR 2nd Day of Month After A/R Close, last days cash applied. Periodic Processing- Information System Report Selection Information System Pmt History with open item analysis. KSV5 Accounting Controlling Cost Centres Actual Postings Period end Closing Distribution (or Assessment) KEU5 Accounting Controlling Profitability Analysis Actual Postings Assess Cost Centre Costs Co. Code currency - J5AF130E Group currency - J5AF230S Accounting Controlling Cost elements. Information system Choose report. Click once to the left of Reconciliation CO/FI. Make selection based on currency. KALC RKAKALFI Accounting Controlling Cost elements. Actual postings Recon. Posting CO-FI. 19 Departmental (CO) Reporting Manual CO GL and controlling 3rd Day of Month After Assessment and Distribution Runs Various A/R First Day of new month None In order to perform the close, this needs to be done following the month-end, however it is recommended that it be done throughout the month. 1 Review Billing Documents not Posted to FI and resolve issues Manual FI None In order to perform the close, this needs to be done following the month-end, however it is recommended that it be done throughout the month. 2 Review Items on Billing Block and resolve issues Manual SD 3 Batch Customer Billing Auto SD Customer Services 1st Day of Month Per Client billing practices. None 4 MM Close Period MM Central Last Day of Month If task is done automatically, the program variant must be changed manually or as part of the automated process. Central 1st Day of Month This is a configuration change. The task is performed in the development system and transported to production. 5 Open New Posting Period Manual FI Central 1st Day of Month This is a configuration change. The task is performed in the Development system and transported to Production. Exchange rate updates can be purchased and uploaded into SAP. 6 Update TCURR Table with Monthly Currency Conversion Rates Manual FI GL 1st Day of new month None Can be entered as soon as they are known..8 Accruals Manual FI Central and Local 1st Day of Month Reports to be run depend upon your companys requirements and the SAP modules implemented. 9 Generate Month End Fin...