- short introduction to cloud computing, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
short introduction to cloud computing, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
Embed Size (px)
- 1. An Introduction to SaaS and Cloud Computing Ross Cooney
- 2. The hype Cluster Computing Cloud Computing Grid Computing
- 3. What is the cloud ?
- Cloud allows access to services without user technical knowledge or control of supporting infrastructure
- Best described in terms of what happened to mechanical power over 100 yrs ago
- Now computers are simple devices connected to the larger cloud
What is Cloud Computing?
- Data processing, storage and software applications that used to run locally are now being supplied by big central computing stations. They're becoming, in essence, computing utilities.
- 4. IaaS Infrastructure as a Service PaaS Platform as a Service SaaS Software as a Service
- 5. SaaS Software as a Service
- Increasingly popular with SMEs
- No hardware or software to manage
- Service delivered through a browser
- 7. SaaS
- 8. SaaS
- 9. PaaS Platform as a Service
- Platforms are built upon Infrastructure, which is expensive
- Estimating demand is not a science!
- Platform management is not fun!
- 11. PaaS
- 12. PaaS
- 13. PaaS
- 14. IaaS Infrastructure as a Service
- Computer infrastructure delivery model
- Access to infrastructure stack:
- 16. IaaS
- 17. IaaS
- 18. IaaS Infrastructure as a Service PaaS Platform as a Service SaaS Software as a Service
- 19. IaaS PaaS SaaS
- Reduce infrastructure management responsibility
- Allow for unexpected resource loads
IaaS PaaS SaaS
- Faster application rollout
- Virtualisation lowers costs by increasing utilisation
IaaS PaaS SaaS
- Economies of scale afforded by technology
- 22. IaaS PaaS SaaS