1. Certified Signium International Canada Finding Inspired Talent Its all about FIT
2. Evolution of DeBeer/Stokes to Signium International Canada DeBeer/Stokes founded March 2009 Became shareholder in Signium International March 2012 Dual brand strategy 2012 Elected Signium Global Industrial Practice Leader June 2013 Single brand strategy as Signium International Canada October 2013
3. Signium International Overview Top 20 global search business Worldwide network of 44 offices, strategically distributed across 27 countries with 150 senior consultants Senior, experienced consultants with depth of knowledge and credibility within multiple markets and across all functional disciplines many with significant experience as operating executives Culture based on ethics and values, and focused on exceptional client service and candidate care Local expertise/depth, global reach Track record of finding and successfully recruiting inspired, quality talent Experts in FIT
4. Netherlands Amsterdam Poland Wroclaw Portugal Lisbon Spain Barcelona Madrid Sweden Gothenburg Malmoe Stockholm Switzerland Zurich United Kingdom London Belgium Brussels Denmark Copenhagen Finland Helsinki Turku France Paris Germany Cologne Dsseldorf Frankfurt Munich Wiesbaden Ireland Dublin Italy Milan Rome ASIA China Beijing Guangzhou Hong Kong Shanghai India Mumbai Japan Tokyo Myanmar Yangon Singapore Singapore NORTH AMERICA Canada Toronto USA Chicago Houston Mexico Guadalajara Mexico City Monterrey PACIFIC Australia Sydney New Zealand Auckland Wellington SOUTH AMERICA Colombia Bogota Peru Lima Venezuela Caracas ASIA - PACIFIC (11 Offices) AMERICAS (10 Offices) EUROPE - MIDDLE EAST - AFRICA (23 Offices) EUROPE / MIDDLE EAST / AFRICA San Francisco Worldwide Offices
5. A Network of Partners That Fit Global Mindset Flexible and far reaching Broad and deep knowledge base Entrepreneurial Spirit and Local/Personal Touch Highly Personalized and Trustworthy Our unique network structure enables us to recruit from a wide variety of companies without being blocked by numerous client or candidate conflicts like many of the large publicly-held search firms Extraordinary Client Service Experienced Partners actually DO the search work, not just pitch it Extraordinary Industry and Functional Expertise Consultative All of our partners have real-world operating experience which makes us consultative by nature Experts in FIT Today, with tools like the Internet and LinkedIn, finding people who meet a job spec on paper is easy but to find the right person for your particular need is much more difficult. We know how to evaluate all the components to ensure a successful FIT.
6. Our Model to Find Inspired Talent Specialist Industry Expertise High-level Consultative Search Management Support Services Research, Data, Global Reach Inspired Talent
7. The Importance of FIT These days finding rsums that match a spec is the easiest part of Executive Search. Successful hires require much more and are ultimately all about FIT. Attitudinal Fit Company story, culture fit, values/ethos, structure/style, risk profile Expectation Fit Deliverables short/long, career progression, remuneration Team/diversity Fit Structure, diversity, chemistry fit with other key executives Capability Fit Intellect, technical/functional skills, sector knowledge, leadership/ management competencies Integration Fit Flexibility/adaptability, on-boarding, experience of previous moves, planning first 90 days Practical Fit Remuneration, location, % travel, formal qualifications, family circumstances
8. Practice Areas Industrial / Natural Resources Consumer Goods Professional Services Technology & Communication Financial Services & Insurance Life Sciences, Healthcare & Biotech
9. Differentiators A process built around you not us Results focused, with agreed project plan and timescale The Partners are responsible for the successful completion of each project, supported by a highly competent research and admin team For international projects, the local Partner coordinates the team within the Signium network and assures the quality Combining regional knowledge and global expertise Reaching candidates across borders
10. Differentiators Large Corporate Search Firm Boutique / Single Practitioner Small By Design, Client Centric A partner actually DOES the work, not just sells services to clients Partnership and communication are leveraged for the good of the client Willing to invest in your success with a milestone or equity fee structure Analytical and Data-Driven Access to a large, well-developed database of qualified candidates Behavioral interviewing to determine likelihood of candidate success Internal research and organizational chart breakdowns to target talent Flexible and Far-Reaching Able to recruit the best candidates wherever they are due to limited off- limits issues Consultative Leverages extensive experience and networks across a continuum of technology industries Highly Personalized Partner-Led Two Partners in a Box search team structure creating synergy and safeguards Broad administrative search support to ensure timely completion Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes g Yes Yes Yes Yes Unlikely Unlikely No Yes Yes No No No No Yes Yes No Unlikely No Unlikely No Yes No No No Signium
11. Flexible and Far Reaching with Limited Off-Limits Issues Signiums highly-responsive team provides a search experience that is intimate and autonomous to reach and recruit the best possible candidates for your needs. Our client-centric philosophy demands that we limit the common deleterious off-limits issues that can drastically narrow the candidate pool before even getting started. Comparison of Candidate Pools Large International Search Firm Signium International Company Off-Limits Placements Off-Limits Actual Candidate Pool Differentiators
12. 1st Week 2nd Week 3rd Week 4th Week 5th Week CANDIDATE IDENTIFICATION 2. CANDIDATE EVALUATION 3. PROGRESS REPORT 4. PRESENT CANDIDATES 5. ONGOING CALIBRATION 6. Search continues until completion Market Knowledge Database Market Research Sourcing and Referencing Profile analysis by means of our own proven methodology Start meeting candidates Evaluated Market Talent List Client feedback Start making recommendations Candidate Reports (including FIT scoring) Client Presentation Follow-up interviews TARGET MARKET 1. Meet all management; Assess FIT requirements Develop position description (including FIT requirements) Start Our Process
13. Managing Partner Signium Canada & DeBeer/Stokes 13 Gerd DeBeer Gerd DeBeer is the founder of DeBeer, Stokes & Partners and the leader of the Signium Internationals Industrial, Construction and Natural Resources Practice. He offers extensive senior-level recruiting experience across a broad spectrum of companies. He has led the execution of search assignments in North America, Europe and Asia across all functional areas, with a particular emphasis on those with full general management responsibilities. He is widely recognized as one of Torontos leading executive search consultants whose experience covers a wide range of industry sectors in the Canadian region. He has strong expertise recruiting top operational, commercial and staff executives. He manages executive recruitment and consulting projects for industrial , consumer durable manufacturing, mining and metals, energy, waste management and consumer products. Prior to forming DeBeer/Stokes, he spent five years as a consultant at Korn/Ferry International where he co-led the industrial and led the automotive and supply chain practice as a Senior Partner. Gerd has an MBA from the Edinburgh Business School in Scotland.
14. Pierina Maniffi-Stokes Partner Signium Canada & DeBeer/Stokes Pierina Maniffi-Stokes brings 14 years of executive search and selection experience to Signium International . She began her career in executive search in 1996 with the Caldwell Partners where she specialized in the Consumer Package Goods Sector. The breadth of her experience included senior executive searches in sales and marketing, finance and operations. In 2001, Ms. Maniffi-Stokes joined Korn/Ferry International as a general practitioner which included professional services, consumer package goods as well as health sciences. In 2005, she became a member of the global industrial practice where her functional expertise was in senior financial and operational roles. She remained a member of the global industrial practice until 2009. Prior to her search experience, Ms. Maniffi-Stokes was a special assistant to the Federal Minister of Human Resources and Development in Ottawa for three years. Ms. Maniffi-Stokes is a graduate of the University of Western Ontario.
15. Carli Kinnear Partner Signium Canada & DeBeer/Stokes As an executive in IBM Canadas Global Business Services team and Executive Consultant at PricewaterhouseCoopers and Accenture, Carlis expertise is in the successful Execution of Business Strategy, Organization Effectiveness , Change Leadership and Talent Optimization. She brings a keen understanding of leadership competencies and the assessment of leader capability. Carli has deep experience in managing the Organization and People elements related to Mergers and Acquisition Integration Programs, Strategic Outsourcing, Realignment of Business Models, Technology Driven Change, Shared Service Transformations, Performance Management and Customer Experience Improvement Initiatives. With a combination of business and organization behaviour academic qualifications, she has conducted research and published work on the Barriers to Overcome Organizational Inertia during Business Transformation and Organization Design as it relates to Component Business Models. Carli has an MA (Organizational Performance and Human Resource Management, a BA Honors (Industrial Psychology) and a BA Education. She holds a Certificate in Business Management from The Henley Business School in London, and successfully completed the Harvard Business Schools Advanced Strategy and Advanced Organization Change Strategy Programs.
16. Consistent with the standards of the retained executive search profession, our fees are non contingent and non refundable. To ensure alignment with delivery, we tailor our fee structure in line with our client requirements We guarantee our placements for 12 months. This excludes candidates who leave for reasons other than job performance, such as a change in ownership, organizational realignment and restructuring. Our Professional Fees Guarantee
17. Australia Belgium Canada Chile China Colombia Denmark Finland France Germany Holland India Ireland Italy Japan Mexico Myanmar New Zealand Peru Poland Portugal Spain Singapore Sweden Switzerland United Kingdom USA Venezuela www.signium.com