Choose the best expressions to complete each of the following dialogues.1. Ruben : Can I see you at 9 a.m. tomorrow?Ayu :__________________. I have a class at 9 a.m.a. Sorry, I dont think so.b. Sure, that will be  ne.c. Ill be waiting for you.d. Yes, I think so.e. Great. Its a perfect time.2. Arnys : Marcell promised to take me to the boutique, but he did not come. He didnttell me why he couldnt make it.Adib : __________________a. How upsetting.b. How marvellous.c. That sounds nice.d. Thats great!e. Thats fantastic!
3. Denias : My uncle will be directing a drama for a TV programme. He would like to askyou to play in it.Ayu : __________________a. Im delighted to hear about that.b. How annoying.c. Im sorry to hear that.d. Thats a pity.e. Dont mention it.
Questions 4 - 8 are based on the following text.The Football MatchMy brother and I went to a football match yesterday. Our school team was playing againstanother High School team. Our team wore red and white shirts, white shorts, and red stockings.The other team wore orange and black shirts, orange shorts, and black stockings. They looklike bees, my brother said, and we laughed.They played like bees too. They ran very fast, attacked very hard, and passed the ballto each other very fast. Soon they scored their  rst goal. My brother and I shouted and shouted,Come on, Valley School! Come on, the Valleys! Our headmaster was near us and he wasshouting too. He seemed very enthusiastic. However, the high school scored another goal. Wewere very sad.Then, one of the bees stopped the ball with one of his hands, so our team got thefree kick. Our captain took it and scored a goal. We shouted, Hooray! The score was now 2:1.That was better.Now our team began to play betteror the bees were getting tired. Our team scoredanother goal before half-time. In the second half of the match, both teams tried very hard, butneither scored, so at the end the score was still two all. (Adapted from: L.A. Hill, 1963)
4. The text tells about a. joining a football matchb. winning a football matchc. attending a football matchd. the school football teame. playing football
5. What did the writer and his brother do after the rival team scored the  rst goal?a. They shouted to support their school team.b. They shouted to the headmaster.c. They laughed at their school team.d. They ran very fast.e. They played like bees.
6. Which statement is true according to the text?a. The writer and his brother will watch a football match.b. The writers school team wore orange and black shirts.c. The writer called his school team the bees.d. The writers school team scored the  rst goal.e. The opponent scored the  rst goal.
7. A word in the text which has the same meaning as leader is a. brotherb. goalc. captaind. teame. score
8. He seemed very enthusiastic. The antonym of the underlined word is a. energizedb. excitedc. eagerd. apathetice. impatient
Jika diperlukan silahkan melakukan crosscheck dengan jawaban untuk soal diatas yang ada dibawah ini. Dengan melakukan cek kunci jawaban soal semester ini sobat akan mengetahui sampai dimana kemampuan sobat dalam menguasai materi pelajaran Bahasa Inggris yang telah diajarkan di sekolah.
Jawaban Soal (Answer Key)1. B2. D 3. A 4. C 5. A 6. E 7. C 8. D