The Sustainability Policy mandates that University employeesmay purchase only appliances and equipment that are EnergyStar Certified when that rating exists within a particular productcategory.
In keeping with Sustainability best practices, as well as existing University contracts,Space Heaters, Air Conditioners, Hot Plates, Incandescent Light Bulbs, Coffee Service,
Bottled Water and the like should NOT be purchased on your TPC.
Please review the Department of Sustainability website for more information:http://www.temple.edu/sustainability
Using your TPC Declines Policy
A decline may occur for many reasons – the Cardholder must call the bank to determine
The reason for a decline.
• Be prepared to identify yourself using your ID codes!
• If the bank advises that there is a block on the merchant, please contact theTPC Administrator, Tarah Morris, at 7-2015 to discuss lifting the block (if allowable).
Using your TPC Sales Tax Policy
• Temple University is officially classified as an Instrumentality of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. As such, we are exempt from tax in PA and in many other states, as listed in Appendix A of the TPC Card Policies and Procedures on Purchasing’s website.
• For sales-tax exempt purchases:– At point of sale, Cardholder must communicate to merchant that the purchase is for Temple
University, a sales tax exempt entity, to avoid being charged sales tax.• If a merchant charges sales tax, Cardholder must contact merchant to have that tax credited
back to your account.• If merchant requires proof of tax exempt status, the Purchasing Department can forward
the appropriate form to a merchant upon your request.– Need a sales Tax Exempt Certificate? Email [email protected] with
State/Commonwealth, Merchant’s Name, Address, Fax Number, and any applicable order reference information.
• Purchasing must monitor sales tax charges and will attempt to contact you if sales tax was charged to your card.
• Keep in mind that it is your responsibility to ensure that your card is not charged tax for transactions in exempt status.