Unit 4Reading 2Oxford English 7A
Name: Age:Hobby:Kitty12dancingfor breakfastfor dinnerafter dinner hasHi, Im Kitty, I Need a healthy dietNeed to keep fitNeed sugarNeed lots of energyA4
Name: Age: Love eating drinking
eat healthy meals,gotwice a week.for breakfast,for lunch and dinner. Plans to: Hi, Im Daniel, I B3chatting with friends
1. How old is Kitty?2. What does she want to be when she grows up?3. How often does she dance?4.Why does she seldom eat sweet snacks?12 years old.A dancer.Every day.There is too much sugar in them.Answer the questions
5. What does she have for breakfast and dinner? 6. What does Daniel like doing after class?7. Is Daniel a top student at school?An apple, some milk, some bread, meat and vegetables.Playing computer games and chatting with his friends on the Internet.Yes, he is.
8. What does he love to eat and drink?9. Can he run fast?10. Does he plan to do any exercise? Hamburgers and Coke.No, he cantYes, he does. He plans to go swimming twice a week.
I am a twelve-year-old girl.It rained for 2 days.How long do you dance every day?want to be
Fill in the blanks accordingto textHi. My name is _____. I am ___ yearsold. I want to be a ______. Every dayI dance for ___ hours.
1. What is very important for a dancer?A healthy diet. 2. How often does Kitty eat sweet snacks like cakes, sweets and Coke?She seldom eats them.3. Why arent the sweet snacks healthy?Because there is too much sugar in them.Comprehension questions for Para 2
I am a twelve-year-old girl.It rained for 2 days.How long do you dance every day?uncountableuncountable
Key phrase:It is _____ for sb to do sth.adjeg. It is easy for me to get tired.It is easy for me to learn English well. (Change into negative form)It is good for us to do morning exercises every day. into question form)It is bad for him to play too much computer games.
I am a twelve-year-old girl.He wants to be a doctorwhen he grows up.It rained for 2 days.How long do you dance every day?v.Do you need any help?Yes, I need some water.Adverbs of frequencyAdverbial clauseWhat do you always have for breakfast?uncountable
I haveApple/milk/bread Meat & vegetableAn orange or a banana For breakfastFor lunch & dinnerAfter dinner
1. What does Daniel like doing ?2. What does Daniel want to do ?3. Can he play basketball very well ? Why ?Part BHe likes studying,playing computer games and chatting with his friends on the internet.He wants to play basketball.No, because he can not run fast.
Its time for the students to play games.How many times do you plan to go swimming a week?How often do you plan to go swimming?one of the bestYou never exercise, do you?
C. Kittys and Daniels lifestylesTrue or false questions:Kitty wants to be a teacher.
Kitty is careful with her diet because she wants to be healthy.
3. Sweet snacks are healthy because they give people energy.
4. Daniel is a good student.
5. Daniel has Coke and hamburgers for lunch.
6. Kitty and Daniel have healthy diets and lifestyles.FFTTFF
Guess the word out of the meaning:1 dancer ( line 2 ) 2 healthy ( line 4 ) 3 diet ( line 4 ) 4 energy ( line 5 )5 seldom ( line 6 )6 top ( line 17 )7 lifestyle ( line 18 )8 exercise ( line 21 )A person who dancesHaving good healthThe way you livePower to do thingsNot very oftenbestThe way you live Sports activitiesReview new words
want to be a dancerdance for 2 hoursneed lots of energyIt is easy for sb. to do sth.get tiredCan you remember the phrases?
keep fittoo much sugarrun fastwant to be healthychat with my friends on the Internettop studenthave a healthy the diet or lifestyle
plan to do sth.go swimmingtwice a week