7. ArtistsCharles Schulz1922 - 2000Peanuts-Most Popular ComicCharlie Brown & Snoopy
8. ArtistsBruce BlitzPhiladelphia, PALine of art books,cartooning videos,& art kits. His Website
9. Education & Salary $46,000Must have good drawing skills.Training in:Art,History,Government,Political Science,LiteratureArt History Government ScienceBachelors Degree RecommendedOften take online classes
10. Other Careers in the ARTsInformational Site
11. See how its doneVideoTips from a realcartoon artist
13. What cartoonists considerTitleDesignPanel PlacementCharacter TraitsExpressionScriptHumorViewers ResponseVisual MovementSpeech Bubbles
15. Animating charactersChange anglesof eyes, nose,mouth,eyebrows, &body parts
16. Visual MovementCharacters move & interact with othercharacters & their environment.Move Left to RightDirection body is facing
17. Gesture Drawing Quick Sketch Start with line/curve of spine Add arms/legs Fill in to show form
18. Human Figure Human body proportions change with age. Average human- 7-8 head lengths tall & 3 head lengths wide.
19. Animal FigureProportions Vary
20. Your assignmentThe goal of this lesson is for you to becomefamiliar with comic illustration and visualmovement. You will design & create an originalcharacter and then a 4-6 panel comic strip basedon an event in the characters life.
21. Follow Your Guidelines!!
22. Questions to Help Get YouStarted!What types of comics do I like to read? Whatis my sense of humor?What would make an interesting story for acomic strip?How can I tell a story visually with few words& express my characters personality?