Social media is an important component of today’s public relations toolbox. But is your organization effectively leveraging its use to deliver key messages and accomplish strategic business goals? This program was used for a session at the PRSA-Lookout Chapter\'s annual conference that explores how to take your social media presence beyond simply being present to engaging in conversations that advance your organization while enhancing your target audience’s social media experience.
Text of What Would Edward Bernays Post On Twitter
1. What wouldEdward Bernayspost on Twitter?
2. The three main elements of public relations areinforming people, persuading people, or integrating people with people. the means and methods of accomplishing these ends have changed as society has changed .~ Edward Bernays Crystallizing Public Opinion(1961) 3. What would Edward Bernays post on Twitter?Edward_Bernays Just approached by the @ Pork_Belly_Associationthey have too much surplus, prices too low. What to do? 4. What would Edward Bernays post on Twitter?Edward_Bernays Oh no, now the egg producers are calling, too much surplus, prices too low. What to do? 5. What would Edward Bernays post on Twitter?Edward_Bernays I got itThe Great American breakfastBacon and EggsTake that @ Oatmeal ! Whatta ya think @ Uncle_Siggy ? 6. What would Edward Bernays post on Twitter?Edward_Bernays Wonder how it would taste on a biscuit? 7. What is social media? Social media is content created by people using highly accessible and scalable publishing technologies. Its a set of technologies, tools and platforms facilitating the discovery, participation and sharing of content.~Wikipedia.com 8. What is social media? Social Media Revolution 9. Why use social media?
In real time
On their terms
10. Why use social media?
Online conversations are happening
11. Why use social media?
78% trust others recommendations
Increase your Web presence and search rank
12. Step 1:Sell Management
Pros and cons
Clear guidelines for engagement
Corporate SM policy
13. Step 2:Whats your goal?Pick 1: Awareness Sales Loyalty 14. Whats your relationship with audience now?
Aware, no action
15. Step 3:Listen to the Conversation Wheres your audience talking online?What are theysaying? 16. Some Monitoring Help 17. Align what you hear with your brand objectives 18. Step 4:Join the conversation
Effective social media = participation
19. Step 5:Measure
ROI is tough
Varies by platform
20. How to join the conversation? Pick one and join in. 21. What about Twitter? social networking tool that lets you follow others and receive tweets from them - short messages under 140 characters 22. Before you start: Whats your Twitter personality? Subject expert? 23. Before you start: Whats your Twitter personality? Brandbuilder? 24. Before you start: Whats your Twitter personality? Customerservice? 25. Go totwitter.comand sign up
Personalize Your Profile
26. Find your voice
Establish your personality
Focus on goals
27. Start Tweeting
28. Find People to FollowDirectories: Search and Borrow from others 29. Get People to Follow You Include them in your conversation 30. Use Links 31. Dialogue @[email protected]# hashtags 32. Whats the Twitter ROI Are your goals reached? What role did twitter play? 33. Managing Twitter Clutter Hootsuite Tweetdeck 34. See you on Twitter @akatcher @kvbprhealth @kvbpr 35. Thanks to my friends and Worldcom partners: @mlherman @jaybaer @sietsema @elizabethsosnow @traverscollins @IWGroup @PRTodd Wordsworth Communications 36. Links to other resources: Jay Baer, Convince and Convert Teach To Fish Digital Mashable Hubspot Social Media Today Bliss PR 37. Aileen Katcher, APR [email_address] 401 Church St., Suite 2100, Nashville, TN37219 615-248-8202www.KVBPR.com