- 1.ELEMENTAL DESIGN PORTFOLIO Hm 1 HOME We 2 WELCOME Fs 4 DESIGN PHILOSOPHY Da 5 DIGITAL APPLICATIONS Cd 6 COMMERCIAL DESIGN Rd 7 RESUM & REFERENCES HELEN WOODS, ASSOC.IIDA RESIDENTIAL DESIGN Ct 9 CONTACTS/ TESTIMONIALS 205.595.1912 Home Phone 205.585.6551 Cell Phone [email_address] Dp 3 FUNDAMENTALS Re 8
- All of the elements that make a design are processes (stages) that must build upon each other and work together to create a solid, cohesive design.Just like in chemistry ions have to attach themselves to each other or build onto each other to createcomplete molecular compounds or atoms.
In Hm 1 The Idea Behind Elemental Design 3. DESIGN PHILOSOPHY Dp Design Philosophy Interior design is all about human behavior and human interaction.The goal is to formulate design that is practical, aesthetic and conductive to the intended purposes through consideration of the following factors: Anthropometrics & Ergonomics Providing a environment that is specific to human behavior with goals involving increasing productivity and improving psychological factors such as improving ones lifestyle Proxemics Designing with a regard to the physical space and social context Sustainable Design Specification of recycled, renewable and low-impact materials Support local vendors Universal Design All spaces must adhere to codes and regulatory requirements Designing for today and tomorrow= sustainable designed project = universally designed project Hm 1 4. Hm 1 FUNDAMENTALS Dr Drafting Sp Space Planning Cf CAD Fundamentals 5.
- Hand drafted a ramp, a stair section, and a stair detail
- Dimensioned ramp elevation, stair section and stair detail
Re Ramp Elevation Hm 1 Ss Stair Section and Detail Objectives Dr 2 6. Ks Kitchen Cabinet Section Floor Plan Cabinet Section Hm 1 7.
- Space plan interior walls/areas/offices
- Provide adequate and required furniture
- Create entrances and exits
Cc Computer Company Objectives Building Shell Hm 1 Cc 2 8.
- Two (2) District Manager Offices
- Three (3) Service Agent Offices
- Office Area for Clerical Staff
- Files/Storage/Mail/Copy Room
- Research and assess the needs of the employees and spaces
- Provide adequate furniture for the employees and spaces
- Utilize systems and modular furniture where possible
Sp Space Plan Fp Furniture Plan Furniture Plan Main ObjectivesInterior Requirements for Space Plan Hm 1 9.
- To manipulate line, shape and pattern
- To create a motif based 2D design
- To explore the versatility of CAD
- Research pattern and motif as a system for creating designs
- Design a pattern on a grid made of 1-0 x1-0 squares that is 6-0 x 8-0 overall
- Render the design using layers as tools
Dr Decorative Rug Tv Three Variations Objectives Cf 2 Hm 1 10. Cr Cottage Retreat Cf 3 Hm 1 11.
- Using correct text styles
- Applying the correct line types
- Drawing appliances, furniture, and plumbing fixtures
- Assigning attributes to the furniture andcreating w-blocks
Ah ADA Guest House Objectives Hm 1 12. Hm 1 DIGITAL APPLICATIONS Pp Photoshop Ld Logo Designs 13. Pf Fundamentals Original Picture Original Picture Brushed Glass Filter Original Picture After Picture After Picture Wood Cut Contour Drawing Sepia Fun with Brushes Burn & Dodge Technique Hm 1 14. Ld Logo Designs Hm 1 15. Hm 1 Hc Healthcare Hs Hospitality Of Offices COMMERCIAL DESIGN 16.
Hc Health Clinic Objectives Hc 2 Hm 1 This health clinic is a place where terminally ill patients receive transfusions and therapy to help their quality of life as much as possible. 17.
- Research and assess the needs of the employees, patients and spaces
- Provide budget-friendly furniture for the spaces
- Specify calm and soothing fabrics/finishes to make the patients time in the clinic more comfortable
Fp Furniture Plan Hm 1 Hc 3 Furniture Plan Main Objectives 18.
- Explore the electrical and data requirements and standards for hospitals and healthcare clinics
- Provide emergency backup outlets for specified areas including the lab
- Economical 2 x 4 fluorescent lighting plan
Ep Electrical/Data Plan Hc 4 Hm 1 Rp Reflected Ceiling Plan Electrical/Data Plan Features: Reflected Ceiling Plan Features: 19. Fs Finish Plan Hc 5 FINISH LEGEND P1=General Wall Paint P2=Accent Wall Paint Hm 1 Vp VCT Floor Pattern Plan 20. Pb Presentation Board ABC Hospital Health Clinic Dr. Williams Designed by: Helen Woods General Wall Paint Accent Wall Paint Trim PaintAccent VCT Main Flooring VCT Accent VCT Restroom Tile Accent Wall Tile Waiting Area Chairs & Upholstery Interview/Patient Room Chairs & Chair Upholstery Furniture Finish Countertop Cabinet Chassis Finish Nurse Chairs Nurse Chair Upholstery Exam Room Side Chairs & Upholstery Hm 1 21.
- The total square footage of the skybox is 4200 square feet.
- The main level of the skybox is 2400 square feet and consists of an 1800 square foot level area at the entry off of the stadium concourse and stepped viewing platforms.
- The upper level is also accessed from a stadium concourse, but your client has also had an elevator installed to connect the two levels within the skybox.
- The upper level has 1800 square feet of level area at the entry off of the concourse. There are no viewing platforms on the upper levelthis area is open to the lower level and it functions somewhat like a loft space over the main level.
Es Edge Studios Skybox Es 2 Building Description: Hm 1 22.
- Unisex Barrier-Free Restroom
Sp First and Second Floor Space Plans Es 3 First Floor Features: Second Floor Features: Hm 1 23. Fp First and Second Floor Furniture Plans Es 4 Hm 1 24. Lp First and Second Floor Lighting Plans Es 5 Hm 1 25. Cp First and Second Floor Ceiling Plans Es 6 Hm 1 26. Lc Lighting/Ceiling Plan Es 7 Hm 1 27. Ip First and Second Floor Finish Plans Es 8 Hm 1 28. Ev Elevations Es 9 Hm 1 29. Ev Elevations Es 10 Hm 1 30. Ev Elevations Es 11 Hm 1 31. Ts Two Story Section Es 12 Hm 1 32. Td Three Dimensional Drawing Es 13 Conference Room Hm 1 33. Pb Presentation Boards Hm 1 34.
Cs Chairmans Suite Cs 2 Objectives Building Shell Hm 1 35.
- Copy room with built in base and upper cabinets, and a copier
- One large office to hold three people, some who may be part time
- 2 x 4 economical fluorescent lighting plan
- Recessed lights in important areas
Sp Space Plan Cs 3 Program Rp Reflected Ceiling Plan Hm 1 Features 36.
- Reception Area: U-group for secretary, five 36 lateral files and seating for four
- Conference Room: Table to seat 12 and a serving buffet/credenza
- Chairmans Office: Double pedestal desk, two guest chairs, conference table to seat six and a sitting area consisting of a loveseat or sofa and two lounge chairs
- Typical Offices: U or L desk, one guest chair and one 36 five drawer lateral file
Cs 4 Dp Furniture and Data/Electrical Plan ProgramHm 1 37. Ss Specification Sheets Hm 1 38.
Os Orthopedic & Podiatry Suites Hm 1 Objectives Os 2 This office space consists of two divisions, the orthopedic division and the podiatry division.Each division has its own secretaries, directors, doctors, nurses, and waiting areas.Shared spaces include the restrooms, break room, copy/mail room, and IT department. * not shown in portfolioSpace Plan 39.
- Directors secretary space
- Five doctor secretaries in systems furniture