1. 10000 quiz questions and answerswww.cartiaz.ro10000 general knowledgequestions and answers10000 general knowledge questions and answerswww.cartiaz.roNo Questions Quiz 1 Answers1 Carl and the Passions changed band name to what Beach Boys2 How many rings on the Olympic flag Five3 What colour is vermilion a shade of Red4 King Zog ruled which country Albania5 What colour is Spocks blood Green6 Where in your body is your patella Knee ( its the kneecap )7 Where can you find London bridge today USA ( Arizona )8 What spirit is mixed with ginger beer in a Moscow mule Vodka9 Who was the first man in space Yuri Gagarin10 What would you do with a Yashmak Wear it - its an Arab veil11 Who betrayed Jesus to the Romans Judas Escariot12 Which animal lays eggs Duck billed platypus13 On television what was Flipper Dolphin14 Whos band was The Quarrymen John Lenon15 Which was the most successful Grand National horse Red Rum16 Who starred as the Six Million Dollar Man Lee Majors17 In the song Waltzing Matilda - What is a Jumbuck Sheep18 Who was Dan Dares greatest enemy in the Eagle Mekon19 What is Dick Grayson better known as Robin (Batman and Robin)20 What was given on the fourth day of Christmas Calling birds21 What was Skippy ( on TV ) The bush kangaroo22 What does a funambulist do Tightrope walker23 What is the name of Dennis the Menaces dog Gnasher24 What are bactrians and dromedaries Camels (one hump or two)25 Who played The Fugitive David Jason26 Who was the King of Swing Benny Goodman27 Who was the first man to fly across the channel Louis Bleriot28 Who starred as Rocky Balboa Sylvester Stallone
2. 29 In which war was the charge of the Light Brigade Crimean30 Who invented the television John Logie Baird31 Who would use a mashie niblick Golfer32 In the song who killed Cock Robin Sparrow33 What do deciduous trees do Lose their leaves in winter34 In golf what name is given to the No 3 wood Spoon35 If you has caries who would you consult Dentist - its tooth decay36 What other name is Mellors famously known by Lady Chatterlys Lover37 What did Jack Horner pull from his pie Plum38 How many feet in a fathom Six39 which film had song Springtime for Hitler The Producers40 Name the legless fighter pilot of ww2 Douglas Bader41 What was the name of inn in Treasure Island Admiral Benbow42 What was Erich Weiss better known as Harry Houdini43 Who sailed in the Nina - Pinta and Santa Maria Christopher Columbus44 Which leader died in St Helena Napoleon Bonaparte45 Who wrote Gone with the Wind Margaret Mitchell46 What does ring a ring a roses refer to The Black Death47 Whose nose grew when he told a lie Pinocchio48 Who has won the most Oscars Walt Disney49 What would a Scotsman do with a spurtle Eat porridge (its a spoon)50 Which award has the words for valour on it Victoria CrossPage 210000 general knowledge questions and answerswww.cartiaz.roNo Questions Quiz 1 Answers51 If you had pogonophobia what would you be afraid of Beards52 Who would take silk as part of their job Barrister53 Who won an Oscar for the African Queen Bogart54 Who sang the theme song in 9 to 5 Dolly Parton55 What in business terms is the IMF International Monetary Fund56 Ringo Star narrates which childrens TV series Thomas the tank engine57 Which country grows the most fruit China58 Which company is owned by Bill Gates Microsoft59 What would you do with a maris piper Eat it - its a potato60 In Casablanca what is the name of the nightclub Ricks61 What was the first James Bond book Casino Royal
3. 62 What kind of animal is a lurcher Dog63 What is the currency of Austria Schilling64 What is the Islamic equal to the red cross Red Crescent65 In fable who sold a cow for five beans Jack ( and grew a beanstalk )66 How did Alfred Nobel make his money He invented Dynamite67 Who was the first man to run a sub four minute mile Roger Bannister68 What are Munroes Mountains in Scotland69 Which car company makes the Celica Toyota70 Air Lingus is the national airline of which country Republic of Ireland or Eire71 Who discovered radium The Curies72 What does an alopecia sufferer lack Hair73 Who painted The Haywain John Constable74 Triskadeccaphobia is the fear of what Number 1375 What is a baby rabbit called Kit or Kitten76 Which country had The Dauphin as a ruler France77 Who did Michael Caine play in the Ipcress File (both names) Harry Palmer78 Who won Euro song contest Save All Your Kisses For Me Brotherhood of Man79 Which country had the guns of Naverone installed Turkey80 Ictheologists study what Fish81 What is a Winston Churchill Cigar82 Who or what lives in a formicarium Ants83 What type of acid is used in car batteries Sulphuric84 Its a flock of sheep whats a group of owls called Parliament85 What animal would you find in a form Hare86 Who in books and films was the man of bronze Doc Savage87 Who was Stan Laurels partner Oliver Hardy88 What kind of food is Cullan Skink Fish89 What is classified by the A B O system Blood Groups90 What plant does the Colorado beetle attack Potato91 Where did the Pied Piper play Hamlin92 To where in France do the sick make pilgrimages Lourdes93 In which city was the famous black hole Calcutta94 Christopher Cockerel invented what Hovercraft95 Ray Bolger played who in The Wizard of Oz Scarecrow96 Sabotage is French - What did the saboteurs use Shoes - sabot means shoe97 Which part of the human body contains the most gold Toenails98 If you had rubella what would you have caught German Measles
4. 99 Mohs scale hardest substance is diamond - whats the softest Talc100 La Giaconda is better known as what Mona LisaPage 310000 general knowledge questions and answerswww.cartiaz.roNo Questions Quiz 2 Answers1 Who wrote the Opera Madam Butterfly Puccini2 What links - Goa - Kerula - Assam - Bihar India3 Eric Arthur Blaire was the real name of which author George Orwell4 Names - Baker Cook obvious what did Cordwainer do Shoemaker5 Which country do Sinologists study China6 Rudy Stevens became famous under which name Barbara Stanwyck7 Which non alcoholic cordial is made from pomegranates Grenadine8 What is Orchesis - either professional or amateur Art of Dancing9 Taken literally what should you see in a Hippodrome Horses10 Who wrote the Man in the Iron Mask Alexander Dumas11 Which 1993 Disney film starred Bet Middler as a witch Hocus Pocus12 Who piloted the first flight across the English channel Louis Bleriot13 What was the first James Bond film Dr No14 What 1991 film won best film, actor, actress, director Oscars Silence of the Lambs15 What was the capital of Ethiopia Addis Ababa16 Aescapalious emblem staff snake Greek Roman god of what Medicine17 Giacomo Agostini - 122 Grand Prix 15 world titles what sport Motorcycle Racing18 What is the largest state in the USA Alaska19 Led Deighton trilogy Game Set Match What 3 Capitals Berlin MexicoLondon20 Alan Stuart Konigsberg famous as who Woody Allen21 Which human rights organisation founded 1961 got Nobel 1977 Amnesty International22 Whose autobiography was The long walk to Freedom Nelson Mandela23 What was discovered in 1922 by Howard Carter Tutankamen tomb24 Clyde Tonbaugh discovered what planet in 1930 Pluto25 Who won the womens heptathlon at Seoul in 1988 Jackie Joyner-Kersey26 Who wrote Northanger Abbey Jayne Austin27 Who ran through the streets naked crying Eureka Archimedes28 Who composed the Brandeberg concertos full names Johan Sebastian Bach29 Who won the World Series in 1987 Minnesota twins30 What is the correct term of address to the Pope Your Holiness31 In which city was Alexander Graham Bell born in 1847 Edinburgh
5. 32 Who composed the ballets Sleeping Beauty and The Nutcracker Tchaikovsky33 AG Bell opened school in Boston in 1872 for Teachers of what The Deaf34 Benjamin Kubelsky 1894 fame as what comedian Jack Benny35 In the Old Testament what book comes between Obadiah - Micah Jonah36 Robin Williams dressed in drag for which 1993 film Mrs Doubtfire37 Which chess piece could be a member of the church Bishop38 Which German word means lightning war used in WW2 Blitzkrieg39 Broccoli belongs to what family of plants Cabbage40 Who designed the first Iron ship the Great Britain in 1845 I. Kingdom Brunel41 Whose boat Bluebird was recently raised from Coniston water Donald Campbell42 in 1951 which (of two) car companies introduced power steering Buick - Chrysler43 Who wrote Catch 22 (both names) Joseph Heller44 Which country set up the worlds first chemistry lab in 1650 Netherlands45 What links the names Botvinik, Tal, Karpov, Fischer Chess World Champs46 What is the national flower of Japan Chrysanthemum47 Bombardier Billy Wells was seen on many Rank films - why Hit Gong48 Where in France do claret wines come from Bordeaux49 What did mathematician John Napier invent in 1614 Logarithms50 What was the worlds first high level programming language 1957 IBM FORTRANPage 410000 general knowledge questions and answerswww.cartiaz.roNo Questions Quiz 2 Answers51 Consumption was the former name of which disease Tuberculosis52 Which American state is nicknamed The Diamond State Delaware53 What are the Sirocco, Mistral and Chinook Winds54 Who wrote about Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Roald Dahl55 Who, at USA customs declared, nothing but my genius Oscar Wilde56 Issur Danielovitch became famous a who Kirk Douglas57 Who sailed in the Golden Hind Sir Francis Drake58 What was the name of the plantation in Gone with the Wind Tara59 Who won the 1988 Superbowl Washington Redskins60 Which group believes in The Great Architect of the Universe Freemasons61 Robert Alan Zimmerman real name of who Bob Dylan62 Processed Galena produces which metal Lead63 Who wrote Gullivers Travels (both names) Jonathon Swift64 What is a Ha Ha Sunken Fence
6. 65 In Japan what is Seppuku Hari Kari - suicide66 Who discovered blood circulation William Harvey67 The dunnock is another name for which common bird Hedge Sparrow68 If someone said they were from Hellas - which country Greece69 Who was the son of Zeus and Maia - Gods Messenger Hermes70 Roy Scherer jr became famous as who Rock Hudson71 Who wrote Brave New World (full name) Aldus Huxley72 What links Calabria, Liguria, Puglia and Veneto Regions of Italy73 Which city in Rajasthan has riding breeches named after it Jodhpur74 Portugal has had six Kings with what first name John75 What martial arts name means gentle way Judo76 Jean Claude Killy famous in which sport Skiing77 Kimberlite contains what precious item Diamonds78 Who directed Dr Strangelove - 2001 - The Shining (full name) Stanley Kubrick79 Rene Lalique - Art Nouveau designer worked what material Glass80 Who created the childrens land of Narnia and Lion Witch Wardrobe Clive Staples Lewis81 What animal lives in a drey Squirrel82 Why is Louise Brown - born 1978 famous First test tube baby83 The title of whose book translates as my struggle Adolf Hitler84 Anna Mary Robinson - famous American painter - what name Grandma Moses85 In which country would you find the Negev desert Israel86 Which character has been played by the most actors Sherlock Holmes87 In Greek mythology a Hamadryads spirit guarded what Trees88 Jocasta was the wife of Laius and the mother of who Oedipus89 Who wrote The Rights of Man - and The Age of Reason Thomas Paine90 What is the capital of Sicily Palermo91 What was invented by Dr Edward Land in 1947 Polaroid92 Syd Barett, Roger Waters, Richard Wright, Nick Mason - Group Pink Floyd93 Carlo Collodi created which famous childrens character Pinocchio94 What is mainly extracted from pitchblende Uranium95 Which connects Delft, Sevres, Wedgwood, Chelsea Porcelain96 Which country introduced the worlds first diesel loco in 1912 Germany97 in 1656 Christian Huygens invented what type of timekeeper Pendulum clock98 Duvali, Dushira and Holi are religious days in which religion Hindu99 In what industry did John Davidson Rockefeller get rich Oil100 The Mau Mau were terrorists in which country late 50s early 60s KenyaPage 5
7. 10000 general knowledge questions and answerswww.cartiaz.roNo Questions Quiz 3 Answers1 What movie cast included James Garner, Richard Attenbourough, The Great EscapeSteve McQueen, Charles Bronson, Donald Pleasance, JamesCoburn, Gordon Jackson, Angus McPhee among many others2 If you suffer from epistaxis what is wrong Nosebleed3 In which book would you find the manservant Pas Partout Around the world in80 days4 What animals name translates as water horse Hippopotamus5 In Greek mythology who killed the Gorgon Perseus6 Which two metals are alloyed to make pewter Tin and Lead7 In 1899 the Eastman company in the USA produced first what Kodak 1 - hand heldroll film cam8 What links - Sarte, Neitzsche, Russell and Decartes Philosophers9 In 1643 Evangalisa Torichelli invented the first what Barometer10 Which Spanish painter has first exhibition at 16 - also 4 year blue Pablo Picasso11 Where did the mutineers of the Bounty settle Pitcairn Islands12 What is the longest river in Italy Po13 What does a polyandric women have more than one of Husband14 What links Brazil, Uruguay, Mozambique and Angola Colonies of Portugal15 What is the American equivalent of the Irish Poteen Moonshine16 Who was the last king of Troy killed by Achilles son Pyrrhus Priam17 In 1911 the archaeologist Hiram Bingham discovered what lost city Machu Picchu18 Who won the Superbowl in 1989 San Francisco 49 ers19 Who wrote the book Billy Budd also Moby Dick Herman Melville20 Which highwayman rode the horse Black Bess Dick Turpin21 Barry Allen was the alter ego of which DC comic superhero The Flash22 In 1901 which brand of car was seen for the first time Mercedes23 Brisbane is the state capital of which SE Australian state Queensland24 In Norse mythology what is the name of the ultimate battle Ragnarok25 In 1890 the first electric what opened in London Underground railway26 Who wrote the childrens novel Swallows and Amazons Arthur Ransom27 Oil seed rape belongs to which plant family Mustard28 Which Norwegian politicians name became a word for traitor Vidkun Quisling29 What is the capitol of Morocco Rabat30 What shape were the sailors plates in Nelsons navy Square Thus Square
8. meal31 What religion links Weasak, Dhrammacacka, and Bhodi day Buddhist32 Linus Torwalds invented and wrote what Linux computeroperating system33 The bander macaque has which commoner name Rhesus Monkey34 Zambia and Zimbabwe used to be called what Rhodesia35 What is the staple food of one third of the worlds population Rice36 Paul Robeson the singer of old man river had what profession Lawyer37 Rene Laennac invented which aid for doctors in 1810 Stethoscope38 Jagger, Richards, Wyman, Jones, Watts, Stewart - which band The Rolling Stones39 What digit does not exist in Roman Numerals Zero40 Who was nicknames The desert Fox (both Names) Erwin Rommel41 What aid to archaeologists from 197 bc was found in Egypt 1799 Rosetta Stone42 Which annual sporting event between 2 teams started in 1829 The University BoatRace43 Who was the jeweller to the Russian Court...