8. Other interested parties NISO Publishers Librarians/Information Professionals Readers Policy makers Altmetrics Who?
9. Right now and into the future. Altmetrics When?
10. Any place where people care about metrics Such as administrators. Are there any who do not? San Francisco - Mention DORA Altmetrics Where?
11. Because Reasons! Altmetrics Why?
12. Concerning social media, there is a danger that this form of com- munication is gaining too high a value and that we are losing sight of key metrics of scientific value, such as citation indices. Altmetrics Why?
13. Let's laugh at those silly scientists doing social media outreach when they should be writing papers! The K-index trivialises those of us who work hard to communicate science with the public. Altmetrics Why?
14. Peter Higgs: I wouldn't be productive enough for today's academic system Physicist doubts work like Higgs boson identification achievable now as academics are expected to 'keep churning out papers' Altmetrics Why?
15. Publish or perish culture Where (and how often) one publishes should not be the main concern Evaluate the quality of the work Some organizations have vowed to say that the journal name is not under consideration Altmetrics Why?
16. Broader Impacts Review Criterion http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2007/nsf07046/nsf07046.jsp Broaden dissemination to enhance scientific and technological understanding, for example, by presenting results of research and education projects in formats useful to students, scientists and engineers, members of Congress, teachers, and the general public. Altmetrics Why?
18. From the publisher http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0046150 http://www.sciencemag.org/content/346/6208/1253596.full Altmetrics How?
19. Who said or wrote: Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Pop Quiz
21. http://www.asis.org/Bulletin/Apr-13/ http://crln.acrl.org/content/74/6/292.full http://www.ala.org/acrl/publications/keeping_up_with/altmetrics For further reading
22. Library Journal article on Plum by Bonnie Swoger https://www.diigo.com/user/jokrausdu/ altmetrics Follow #altmetrics on Twitter http://www.mendeley.com/groups/586171/altmetrics/ More further reading
23. Found some in Google Images, labeled for reuse with modification or Flickr with 2 different CC licenses Raised hands http://www.ok.gov/abletech/images/Classroom- FourthGraders.jpg via http://www.ok.gov/abletech/Special_Education_Resolution_Center/ https://twitter.com/IanMulvany/status/425006889949495296 Image credits
24. Human pyramid http://www.flickr.com/photos/cobaltfish/9614174604/ CC-BY-SA. Elevator http://www.flickr.com/photos/yodudedan/448988655/ CC-BY 2.0 Image credits