Awesome AppsFor K-5 Classrooms
Presented by J. Alfonso Champion
Awesome Apps Covered Today
• BrainPop• ClassDojo• Reflector• Nearpod• Fotopedia• Mad Libs• iMovie
• Sushi Monster• Wet Dry Try• Educreations• Dropbox• CloudOn• Google Translate
BrainPop & BrainPop Jr.
• Animated, curricular content.• Supports traditional, blended, and
"flipped" learning settings. • Supports individual, team, and
whole-class learning. • Characters help introduce new topics
and illustrate complex concepts.
• Helps teachers improve behavior in their classrooms quickly and easily.
• Captures and generates data on behavior that teachers can share with parents and administrators.
Reflector• Replacement for Apple TV mirroring.• Project your iPad onto any Mac or PC.• Frees teacher from tethering.• Allows iPad camera app to become a
document camera.• https://www.reflectorapp.com/
o App located on your desktop
• Launch interactive presentations to engage students.
• Students receive curricular content and submit responses on their devices.
• Monitor classroom activity and measure students’ results.
• Collaborative effort to create a photo encyclopedia.
• Apps cover various topics, themes and locations.
• Gives students an opportunity to learn about unfamiliar places
• Exposes students to images from different cultures.
• Great way to introduce units or topics.
• Fun way for students to review/apply parts of speech.
• Use camera to add your own photo or image to a story.
• One free Mad Libs collection book (21 stories).
• Use the camera and microphone to record student work and performances.
• Teacher/students can create movies using text, transitions, visuals and music.
• Great tool for peer feedback and self-reflection.
• Create instructional videos.
Sushi Monster• Keep the monster
happy by making target sums and products.
• Helps students strengthen reasoning strategies for whole number addition and multiplication facts.
• Gives students experience avoiding distractions and extraneous info.
Wet Dry Try• Students master one
letter formation before moving on to the next.
• It prevents and eliminates reversals.
• It helps teach older children size and placement of lowercase letters.
• Provides a multisensory experience.
• Recordable interactive whiteboard that captures your voice and handwriting.
• Produces video lessons that you can share online.
• Students and colleagues can replay your lessons in any web browser, or from within the app on their iPads.
Productivity Google Translate, Dropbox, and CloudOn