Slides for talk on "Implementing BS8878" to be given by EA Draffan at the IWMW 2012 event held at the University of EDinburgh on 18-20 June 2012. See http://iwmw.ukoln.ac.uk/iwmw2012/talks/draffan/
Text of Beyond WCAG: Implementing BS8878
1. Beyond WCAG: Experiences in Implementing BS 8878 E.A. Draffan with thanks to Ronise Nepomuceno
2. Stakeholders Who will be involved from the customer / user side? - Site owners and editors; university staff and students when operating as an end user of a site Who are the other stakeholders? Student Union representatives; Staff Representatives; Head of Student Services and Student Admin; Head of Professional Services; Head of Faculties
3. Requirements GatheringContent Manager Allocation to thefills requirement Analyse correct team form - this refers Production Requirements work throughto Steps 1 to 6 of Steps 7 to 12 BS 8878:2010
4. Products relationship with target audience and their needs http://flic.kr/p/4tgef9
5. Steps 4-6No guarantee this isa smooth pathway prepare to revisit steps.
6. Strategic Decisions Feasibility pre-configuration or procurement Who will develop? How? When? User Centred Design process Agile at all times! Evaluation by customer. Development testing
7. Accessibility StatementsNomensa suggest they contain: An open commitment to providing an accessible website; An outline of key guidelines and standards the website follows; Any known exceptions to the intended level of web accessibility; Contact information for reporting difficulties with the website.
8. Thank youDr Mike Wald, E.A. Draffan plus the AccessTechnologies Team, ECS University ofSouthampton http://access.ecs.soton.ac.ukRonise Nepomuceno, iSolutions, University ofSouthamptonhttp://www.southampton.ac.uk/web4all/about_wau/