This is our chapter 2 presentation on SWL. We hope you enjoy. Feel free to post your feedback on it.
Text of Ch2 Presentation
1. Chapter Two presentation By David Morales & Alexis Muench
2. SWL Mission Statement We strive to provide the highest quality merchandise at reasonable prices. Customer service and satisfaction are our highest goals. We strive to always exceed our customers expectations. Our company was born from corporate downsizing. Ten years ago a group of managers purchased the division that became SWL. We are an employee owned company and will never waiver in our commitment to our employees. We will always seek to grow our company and increase profits, while never lowering the quality of products or customer service. Our investors and stock holders can rest easy knowing that we will never falter in our professionalism, standards, or commitment.
3. Payroll Dept. Organization Tina Pham VP, Human Resources Amy Calico Director, Payroll Nelson WhiteManager, Payroll Nancy Farmer Admin Assistant Britton Ellis Payroll Technician Debra Williams Payroll Technician
4. Feasibility Operational Feasibility Users will be involved in planning the new system : 20 hours of interviews with people outside the IT department Prevent the current need for expanding Payroll department due to a labor reducing system
5. Feasibility Technical Feasibility No system has been proposed The study of how to improve the system is being proposed, so there is no indication of technical feasibility as of yet. At the end of the two week period a determination will be made as to what upgrades or new system may be needed.
6. Feasibility Schedule Feasibility Two week preliminary study Four month system modification period If modification is not feasible a new time estimate will be submitted
7. Feasibility Economic Feasibility Costs Payroll for the two week study: $3,300 Projected cost for system Modification: $20,000 to $30,000 If modification is not feasible and new cost estimate will be submitted
8. Feasibility Economic Feasibility Benefits Overtime caused by current flaws in system is about $2,288 per year Cost of having BIS handle payroll processing not given New system will reduce overtime costs and improve employee morale
10. SWL Tasks Prepare organization chart Review job descriptions Evaluate current payroll process Conduct and record interviews Research possible solutions Analyze current system Conduct cost analysis research Review systems request Conduct interviews at BIS Report findings to management
11. Concurrent Tasks Review systems request Prepare organizational chart Evaluate current payroll process Conduct and record interviews Conduct interviews at BIS
12. Sequential Tasks Review job descriptions Research possible solutions Analyze current system Conduct cost analysis research Report findings to management
13. Order of Tasks Review systems request Analyze current system Prepare organization chart Review job descriptions Conduct and record interviews Conduct interviews at BIS Evaluate current payroll process Research possible solutions Conduct cost analysis research Report findings to management