- 1. WELCOME to the Learning Commons!!
2. Where is the Library within the Learning Commons ?4th floor of the Damon City Campus 3. Location of the DCC Learning Commons(Library and Electronic Learning Center)
- We are on the fourth floor of the Sibley Building, 228 East Main St. Rochester, NY, 14604
4. Our Services: Circulation and Reserve Desk
- Borrow, return and renew library materials at the circulation desk. Items placed on reserve by professors may be borrowed at this desk.
5. Reference Desk
- The librarian will provide help on locating materials, searching library databases and citing sources.
Do you need to access help from off-campus?Try our24/7 reference helponline service. 6. Leaning Commons Computers
- There are computers throughout the Learning Commons (Library and Electronic Learning Center). MCC students may use these computers to:
- Searchdatabasesforjournal and newspaper articles
7. Article Databases
- We have over fortydatabasesthat provide access to thousands of newspaper, magazine and journal articles.You can access scholarly articlesthat are full text and FREE!
Related Link Database Guides 8. Internet And Wireless Access
- The Damon City Campus is wireless, which allows students to access the Internet with their own laptop computer.We also have netbooks to use with the Learning Commons.
9. Our Collections: Circulating Books and DVDs
- Yes, you may borrow books and DVDs from the library and all you need is your MCC ID card (in good standing).
- The books are arranged bysubject areas . Use theMCC Libraries Online Catalogto find a material by author, title, keyword or subject.
Related Links Finding Books Tutorial Call Numbers Library of Congress Call Numbers Tutorial 10. Reference Collection
- The reference section contains general encyclopedias, dictionaries, atlases, biographical and government information, historical resources and statistics.
- Reference material is for use in the library.
11. Career Collection
- Guides to four-year colleges, creating resumes and cover letters, information on careers and civil service practice exams.
- Collectionmay be accessed through the librarys database web page.
12. Current Periodicals
- Current print periodicals (journals and magazines) are arranged alphabetically by title.Check theMCC Libraries Online Catalogto see if we subscribe to a specific title or ask a librarian for help.
Related Links Article Databases 13. Newspapers
- The Daily Record, Democrat & Chronicle, International Herald Tribune, USA Today and Wall Street Journal arrive daily.
- We also receive the Rochester Business Journal, the Sunday NY Times and weekend editions of the Buffalo News.Many more newspapers are available viaour online databasesas well.
14. Leisure Reading Collection
- A selection of general interest (bestsellers, cookbooks, biographies and self-help) books that may be checked out.
15. Newspapers and Journals
- Back issues of magazines, newspapers, bound journals (older issues of journals) and law books are located in the back of the Library.
16. Library Catalog
- Two computers are dedicated for use in locating MCC Library materials.TheLibrary Catalog may also be accessed with any computer that has an Internet connection.
17. Study Space
- The Learning Commons offers a variety of seating options; including tables, study carrels and upholstered chairs.
18. Study Rooms
- Rooms may be checked out using your MCC student ID. These are great areas for group study sessions or a quiet place to study alone.
19. Library Instruction Room
- Librarians provide hands-on research-related instruction sessions to classes during the
- academic yearin this room or your classroom.
21. Driving Directions To DCC
- From the West (Buffalo area): Take Thruway 90 east to exit 47. Take 490 east to the Inner Loop and exitat St. Paul St.; turn right; go two traffic lights; turn left on Mortimer St. Parking is available in the St. Joseph garage or street level lots. Damon City Campus library is located on the fourth floor of the Sibley Building. From the East (Syracuse area): Take Thruway 90 west to exit 45. Take 490 west to downtown; exit Clinton Ave.; go four traffic lights to East Main Street (the campus is located to the right on the corner of East Main St. & Clinton Ave.); cross East Main St., park in the garage or street level lots. From the Brighton Campus : Head north on East Henrietta Rd. to South Ave.; take South Ave. to Mt. Hope Ave. and turn right; go one block to Clinton Ave. and turn left onto Clinton Ave.; go four traffic lights to East Main Street; cross East Main St., park in the garage or street level lots.