1. M U R A LP R E S E N T A T I O N AHMED ALI KARAMA SENAN
0320478 ALIA NISA RAFFLY 0320774 DEENIE HYATT JUMAT 0319719 KHANG
WEI 0320728 MOHAMAD ADIB ISMAIL 0321532 MOHAMMAD DANIEL MAZLAN
0321409 MUHAMAD ANWAR FAUZI 0320213 SITI NUR FATAHIAH 0320595
2. MURAL? W H A T I S A A mural is piece of a very large public
artwork that is painted or applied directly on a wall, ceiling, or
any other large permanent surface.
3. KLANGMELAKALAMAN SENI 7 MELAKA RIVER
4. INTRODUCTIONLAMAN SENI 7 56 shop lots in Section 7 + KHZNH
Studio + young artists 3D paintings, 3D installations, street
furnitures, and paintings on-site Supported by the Shah Alam city
5. DASAR SUNGAI (THE SOURCE OF THE RIVER)LAMAN SENI 7
6. ART DESCRIPTIONDASAR SUNGAI Painting on site Green concept
Forests and trees = source of rivers Protect Replant Not cutting
trees down Relationship between water and trees
7. 5 CONCEPTSDASAR SUNGAI 1. SUBJECTIVE PERCEPTION 2. NONVERBAL
COMMUNICATION 3. MASS COMMUNICATION 4. INTRAGROUP CONFLICT 5.
8. 5 CONCEPTSDASAR SUNGAI S U B J E C T I V E P E R C E P T I O
N White background and trees, as well as the balloon, are to
inspire the viewer that there is always hope and the future will be
9. 5 CONCEPTSDASAR SUNGAI N O N V E R B A L C O M M U N I C AT
I O N The mural shows the plant on the right (which is the
beginning) and on the left is a balloon rising up (which is the
result in the future). In short message says our future in
preserving the environment.
10. 5 CONCEPTSDASAR SUNGAI M A S S C O M M U N I C AT I O N A
direct message intended for the masses to preserve the purity of
our planet and our lives, and how we are to keep striving to work
11. 5 CONCEPTSDASAR SUNGAI I N T R A G R O U P C O N F L I C T
There will be a kind of conflict in educating people who do not
care about nature conservation. Awareness people to preserve the
environment may generate conflict among them. Because they are not
considered the nature is part of the planet.
12. 5 CONCEPTSDASAR SUNGAI I N T E R C U LT U R A L C O M M U N
I C AT I O N There is an attempt to spread the culture of
conservatism the environment and folks awareness to share it among
13. QUIT SMOKINGLAMAN SENI 7
14. QUIT SMOKINGARTISTS BACKGROUND ARTIST: SYAFIQ RASHYID BIN
ABDUL JALIL Currently undergoing his Bachelor in Graphic
Communication Design at Taylors University Design School. He and
few other Taylors University students entered the Urban Art
Competition back in 2014. He came in first place in the 3D
Installation category and went home with RM8000.
15. QUIT SMOKINGARTISTS BACKGROUND The concept I use is
minimalist and the existence of this smoking area will surely
prevent the non-smokers from suffering the effects of smoking. -
16. QUIT SMOKINGARTISTS BACKGROUND It is important that
everyone should know that smoking is harmful and for extreme
situations it may cause serious illness. The motif is to open up
the smokers eyes to see how harmful is smoking and how it can
affect your life or even worse, your loved ones. By having huge ash
tray placed on the wall, smokers will be reminded of the hazards of
smoking because it depicts their lungs every time they finish their
cigarettes. - SYAFIQ RASYID
17. QUIT SMOKINGART DESCRIPTION Quit Smoking is a 3D
installation piece that convey the negative effect of smoking and
how it can affect the smokers life and also their loved ones.
18. QUIT SMOKINGART DESCRIPTION His work is inspired by his own
initiative to try and stop smoking and saw this competition as the
best opportunity to inspire himself and others to quit
19. QUIT SMOKINGART DESCRIPTION My piece was a projection as my
attempt to quit smoking. Ive had the idea for a while and saw this
competition as the perfect opportunity to share my will with
others. I hope this piece will inspire other to quit or cut down on
the habit - SYAFIQ RASYID
20. QUIT SMOKING5 CONCEPTS 1. SUBJECTIVE PERCEPTION 2.
NONVERBAL COMMUNICATION 3. INTERGROUP CONFLICT 4. MASS
COMMUNICATION 5. INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION
21. QUIT SMOKING5 CONCEPTS S U B J E C T I V E P E R C E P T I
O N The darkened and unnatural colour of a lung depicts the
ruination the cigarettes have caused over time.
22. QUIT SMOKING5 CONCEPTS N O N V E R B A L C O M M U N I C AT
I O N Imagery of the differences between a smokers and nonsmokers
lungs. Visually shows how smoking damages your lungs.
23. QUIT SMOKING5 CONCEPTS I N T E R G R O U P C O N F L I C T
Complication between smokers and nonsmokers; Nonsmokers criticizing
smokers of being unhealthy, thus could create conflict as smokers
may feel they are being attacked on how they chose to live their
24. QUIT SMOKING5 CONCEPTS M A S S C O M M U N I C AT I O N A
clear message intended for the masses; about how unhealthy it is to
smoke, despite the fact that it is not always physically visible on
25. QUIT SMOKING5 CONCEPTS I N T E R C U LT U R A L C O M M U N
I C AT I O N The communication between a smoker and nonsmoker, in
terms of the contrasting culture they are living in.
26. INTRODUCTIONMELAKA RIVER Painted by a collaboration of
artists charged with producing artworks on the rear buildings.
Eight teams and one individual artist during the period 1st 22nd
29. MERDEKAART DESCRIPTION It is the longest graffiti art in
Melaka and the most prominent one we have done so far. Our concept
is more to Malaysian influences. Multinational companies hire us to
do graffiti at their offices like at Mont Kiara, - TENGKU AMIN
30. MERDEKA5 CONCEPTS 1. MASS COMMUNICATION 2. CONNOTATIVE
MEANING 3. NON-VERBAL CUES 4. PASSIVE PERCEPTION 5. FIRST
31. MERDEKA5 CONCEPTS M A S S C O M M U N I C AT I O N An
important message delivered to a wide range of people.
32. MERDEKA5 CONCEPTS C O N N O TAT I V E M E A N I N G It
shows the commitment to their job that has already become a part of
33. MERDEKA5 CONCEPTS N O N - V E R B A L C U E S The 7 chants
of Merdeka by Tunku Abdul Razak.
34. MERDEKA5 CONCEPTS PA S S I V E P E R C E P T I O N Remind
people of celebrating Merdeka during school days.
35. MERDEKA5 CONCEPTS F I R S T I M P R E S S I O N
36. DANCING DUTCHMELAKA
37. ARTISTS BACKGROUNDDANCING DUTCH ARTIST: THE SUPER SUNDAY
The Super Sunday, a graffiti art agency that specialized in art for
corporate and governmental clients. The Super Sunday concept is
more to Malaysian influences.
38. ART DESCRIPTIONDANCING DUTCH They carry out the graffiti
project along the Melaka River, after which they were approached by
the Melaka State government who hired them for the project. It is
the longest graffiti art in Melaka and the most prominent one that
they have done so far.
39. ART DESCRIPTIONDANCING DUTCH The mural art was drawn in
2005 for KLAN competition in Melaka. The message that theyre trying
to say is the influence of the Dutch that used to invade Melaka.
Not just the culture, but also the fusion of architecture which can
be found in Melaka.
40. 5 CONCEPTSDANCING DUTCH 1. CONNOTATIVE MEANING 2. MASS
COMMUNICATION 3. NON-VERBAL CUES 4. CLOSURE 5. PROXIMITY
41. 5 CONCEPTSDANCING DUTCH C O N N O TAT I V E M E A N I N G
It shows their commitment towards dancing by looking at their
42. 5 CONCEPTSDANCING DUTCH M A S S C O M M U N I C AT I O N A
large scale of information imparting the wide range of people in
the mural art.
43. 5 CONCEPTSDANCING DUTCH N O N - V E R B A L C U E S By
looking at the mural, we can see that they are celebrating the end
of Dutch invasion.
44. 5 CONCEPTSDANCING DUTCH C L O S U R E To attract tourist
interest to Malaysia, to see how Melaka can change from a place
which has been invaded by Dutch to a peaceful and colourful
45. 5 CONCEPTSDANCING DUTCH P R O X I M I T Y We can see that
the boy and the girl are dancing in close range to show how happy
they are together.
46. REFERENCES Laman Web Rasmi Majlis Bandaraya Shah Alam.
(n.d.). Retrieved May 22, 2015, from
Sungai Melaka Murals - Melaka, Malaysia - Murals on Waymarking.com.
(n.d.). Retrieved May 22, 2015, from