5. 1 Click Join Now to create a Diigo account. 2 Start creating your account by completing the form. After filling up the required information, click Continue. 3
6. Diigo will send you an email. You need to click the link given so that you can activate your Diigo account. 4 After verifying, you will be invited to install the Diigo toolbar and learn more about Diigos capabilities. 5
7. STEP3 Installing Diigo Toolbar
8. 1 3 steps to install Diigo toolbar. 2 First, you need to click Allow. 3 Now, you can start installing your Diigo toolbar by clicking this button.
9. Bookmark Read later Highlight This window will appear and you need to click Install Now. 4 Now, your Diigo toolbar is already installed on your computer. 5
10. STEP4 Diigo Toolbar
12. STEP5 Bookmarking
13. 1 First, open the web page or URL you want to bookmark. Click Bookmark button to add a bookmark. 2 This window will appear automatically. 3 Insert your tag. 4 Click Save to save your bookmark in Diigo library. 5
14. To view your bookmark, go to Diigo toolbar and choose My Library. 6 7 Now, the web you bookmarked will appear in your Diigo Library together with the relevant tags.
15. STEP6 Highlighting
16. 2 Then, click the Highlight button toolbar. First, you need to select the text you want to highlight from the web page. 1 Now, the texts you have selected are already highlighted. 3
17. 4 This button will appear automatically. 5 Choose View in my library to view your selected text in your Diigo library.
18. 6 After you view it in your Diigo library, only the highlighted paragraph will appear.
19. STEP7 Using Sticky Notes
20. 1 First, click the Comment button and choose Add a floating sticky note to this page.
21. Next, place your sticky note everywhere you like on the page. 2 Now, you can write a comment on your sticky note. You also can make your note private or you can share it with public or your group. 3 4 You also can add a sticky note on the text you have highlighted.
22. STEP8 Hiding Sticky Notes
23. Sometimes you would prefer to see only your own notes, or specific group annotation but not public sticky notes from all other users.
With diigo toolbar installed, you can hide them. 1 To start hiding your sticky note, click Hide public sticky notes. 2 This window will appear and you need to choose Do not show me public sticky notes on this page. Then click OK.
24. STEP9 Capturing Image/Page
25. 1 First, click the Capture button and choose either Capture Selected Area or Capture Entire Page. If you choose Capture Selected Area, press hold and select the area you want to capture. 2 Before you save, you can edit the image using these tools. After clicking the save icon, the image you capture will automatically appear in your Diigo library. 3
26. STEP10 Creating Group
27. 1 In your Diigo page, you can create your own group. Click My Group to open your group page. 2 Click Create a group to start creating your Diigo group.
28. Fill up the form to create a group. After that you are allowed to invite your friends to join your group. 3
29. Then, click Create my group. 4 5 Once your group have been created, you can invite your friends to join your group either through your Diigo friends or you can invite by inserting your friends emails.
30. Example of a Diigo group. 7 8 All member can postbookmarks and topics for discussion. 6 Click Invite people to invite friends to join your group.