GODS PASSOVERSOLOMON APPIAH
Passover Tradition, NT Realities and the Heavens
24 April 2016
TABLE OF CONTENTS
i. INTRO TO REAL JEWS, JEWISH DAY, WEEK, MONTH, YEAR & 7 MAJOR FEASTS
ii. PASSOVER: DATE, COMPUTATIONS & CONNECTIONS
iii. PASSOVER AND THE HEAVENS
iv. WHAT SEASON ARE WE IN NOW DURING THE PASSOVER?
WHO IS A REAL JEW?
Rom 2:28-29 AMP
(28) For he is not a [real] Jew who is only one outwardly and publicly, nor is [true] circumcision something external and physical.
(29) But he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and [true] circumcision is of the heart, a spiritual and not a literal [matter]
The Jewish day (yom) begins at sundown.
A Jewish holiday begins on the night before the day listed in a Jewish calendar.
For example, Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Memorial Day) occurs on Nisan 27, which actually begins after sundown, Nisan 26
The Jewish week (shavu'a) begins on 1st
day of the week and ends on the 7th(Shabbat).
THE JEWISH MONTH
Hebrew calendar lunar one
Rosh Chodesh ("Head of the Month") symbolizes renewal of the new moon (month)
Rosh Chodesh symbolizes renewal and restoration.
JEWISH NEW YEAR
God actually tells us the beginning of the Year
Exo 12:2 This month shall be to you the beginning of months, the first month of the year to you.
The month is Nisan.
Real New Year Nisan 1 or April 9, 2016
Spring is the start of the Biblical Year7
2 types of Jewish Calendars:
1) Civil Calendar: official calendar of kings, childbirth, and contracts Begins in Tisheri (Sept/Oct)
2) Sacred Calendar: from which festivals were computed Nisan 1 or April 9, 2016
ARE THEY GODS FEASTS OR JEWISH FEASTS ?Leviticus 23:1-4 NKJV
1. And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,
2. "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: 'The feasts of the Lord, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.
4. 'These are the feasts of the Lord, holy convocations which you shall proclaim at their appointed times.
QUESTION: Who gave the FEASTS?
ANSWER: THE LORD
QUESTION: What relation have they to me?
ANSWER: Every relation! The entire NT is a fulfilment of the LORDs feastsshadows of things to come
The 7 Feasts begin with the death & sacrifice of the lamb & concludes with the Feast foreshadowing GOD being poured out of us into society
ARE THE FEASTS IMPORTANT TO BELIEVERS?
Col 2:16-17 AMP
(16) Therefore let no one sit in judgment on you in matters of food and drink, or with regard to a feast day or a New Moon or a Sabbath.
(17) Such [things] are only the shadow of things that are to come, and they have only a symbolic value. But the reality (the substance, the solid fact of what is foreshadowed, the body of it) belongs to Christ.
ARE THE FEASTS IMPORTANT TO BELIEVERS?
They are important because:
1) A feast day, New Moon, Sabbaths are a shadow of things to come whose reality is Christ
2) Paul asks us to keep them (1 Cor 5:8 AMP)
3) Till today GOD makes the governors/rulers of day and night proclaim their realities
4) They reveal different aspects of the nature of GOD
THE 7 FEASTS UNVEILED
There are seven (7) major feasts divided into:
1. Four (4) Spring time feasts
2. Three (3) Fall feasts
1) PESACH PASSOVER
4. Shavuot Feast of Weeks, Pentecost15
5) Yom T'ruah Trumpets (also called Rosh
6) Yom Kippur Day of Atonement (also called
7) Sukkot Tabernacles (also called
CHRIST REVEALED IN ALL 7 FEASTS - SUMMARY
THE FEAST OF UNLEAVENED BREAD
Lev 23:6 AMP On the fifteenth day of the same month is the Feast of Unleavened Bread to the Lord; for seven days you shall eat unleavened bread. [I Cor. 5:7, 8.]
1Co 5:7 AMP Purge (clean out) the old leaven that you may be fresh (new) dough, still uncontaminated [as you are], for Christ, our Passover [Lamb], has been sacrificed
We were leavened. He is UN-leavened 17
Leaven is connected to sin and teaching of Pharisees
Wages of sin is death
Unleavened bread = Bread without sin
Unleavened bread = Bread of Life
Healing is the Childrens Bread
His Body broken for your healing
FEAST OF FIRST FRUITS
Lev 23:10 KJV Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the FIRSTFRUITS of your harvest unto the priest:
JesusFIRST born amongst many brethren i.e. from the dead (I Corinthians 15:20-23) 19
Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence
FEAST OF WEEKS (PENTECOST / HARVEST)
Lev 23:15-16 AMP
(15) And you shall count from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, seven Sabbaths; [seven full weeks] shall they be.
(16) Count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath; then you shall present a cereal offering of new grain to the Lord.
INFILLING of the Holy SpiritGod in us 21
Act 2:1-4 AMP
(1) AND WHEN the day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all assembled together in one place,
(4) And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other (different, foreign) languages (tongues), as the Spirit kept giving them clear and loud expression [in each tongue in appropriate words]. 22
FEAST OF TRUMPETS (ROSH HASHANAH)
Lev 23:24 KJV Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.
Jesus the Word preached and then the end shall come
His word covers earth as waters the sea
1Co 15:52-54 AMP
(52) In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the [sound of the] last trumpet call. For a trumpet will sound, and the dead [in Christ] will be raised imperishable (free and immune from decay), and we shall be changed (transformed).
(53) For this perishable [part of us] must put on the imperishable [nature], and this mortal [part of us, this nature that is capable of dying] must put on immortality (freedom from death).
(54) And when this perishable puts on the imperishable and this that was capable of dying puts on freedom from death, then shall be fulfilled the Scripture that says, Death is swallowed up (utterly vanquished forever) in and unto victory. [Isa. 25:8.] 24
FEAST OF DAY OF ATONEMENT (YOM KIPPUR)
Lev 23:27 AMP Also the tenth day of this seventh month is the Day of Atonement...
Jewish eschatology: Day in which the people of Israel are to be judged and sins of nation atoned
Day of Atonement referred to as also "Day of Redemption" and "Day of Judgment". On this day, God would either grant or deny atonement for the coming year.
Jesus made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption (1 COR 1:30)
FEAST OF TABERNACLES
Lev 23:34 AMP Say to the Israelites, The fifteenth day of this seventh month, and for seven days, is the Feast of Tabernacles or Booths to the Lord.
Joh 7:2,10 KJV
(2) Now the Jews' Feast of tabernacles was at hand.
(10) But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.
Joh 7:37-39 KJV
(37) In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
(38) He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(39) (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
(Jn 7:2,10, 37-39)
of the Holy Spirit
FEASTS & YOUR LIFE
1) PASSOVER results in us being born again
2) UNLEVENED BREAD: After new birth we take part in the divine nature by eating bread of life
i. Unleavened bread = bread of life; bread without sin. Wages of sin is death. In absence of sin is life
3) FIRST FRUITS: We live a life where we give GOD our first fruitchildren, business, salary etc. 29
5) TRUMPETS: Jesus is the proclamation of GODs teachings. He is the Word of GOD
6) ATONEMENT: Jesus our redemption & positive judgment
7) TABERNACLES: OUTPOURING of HOLY GHOST from where? OUT of YOUR BELLY
PASSOVER DATE, COMPUTATION, CONNECTIONS
FIRST FEAST - PESACH (PASSOVER)
Pesach April 23 April 30, 2016
Nisan 15 Nisan 22, 5776
Passover is the FOUNDATION upon which
all 7 feasts stand
MATERIALS NEEDED TO KEEP PASSOV