2. Virtual Worlds: Hype or Reality? Jane Chandler (RL) / Lane Erde (SL) Emma Duke-Williams (RL) / Emmadw Rickenbacker (SL) School of Computing & The ExPERT Centre CETL Work also supported by a grant from the HEA-ICS Subject Centre http://secondlife.com
30. Photo via Flickr from danceinthesky Linden Gallery of Resident Art
31. Harvard Law School
32. Harvard Law School University of Portsmouth
33. Harvard Law School University of Portsmouth University of Plymouth
34. Harvard Law School University of Portsmouth University of Plymouth Genome Genome
35. Iowa State University: Blooms Taxonomy
36. Students thoughts on learning in a virtual world
37. Best thing about Second Life? Interactivity to explore, relative freedom of expression and overall thoroughly enjoyable. Different from the norm...
38. Worst thing about SecondLife? Found myself spending most of the time trying to accomplish basic tasks, rather than complete the coursework assignment. Playability was not very good in comparison to other computer games.
39. When should/shouldnt we use SL? I dont believe it should be used at all, puts experienced users at a massive disadvantage to nonexperienced users. Online meetings in SL was a bonus.
40. Other comments. I thought SL was even more irritating to use than flash within Edcom. Definitely a positive part of the course.