A Group Presentation
On NIRMA- Marketing Strategy
…..a dynamic phenomenon
that changed our lives…
It was launched in 1969 by Karsanbhai Patel.Named ‘NIRMA’ after his daughter Nirupama.Nirma is a customer focused company.Company’s Priority….. Better
productsBetter ValueBetter living
•Detergents•Soaps•Edible Salt•Scouring products
• Sulphuric Acid• Glycerin
• Soda • Ash
• Pure Salt
Low financial support.Staff strength was very low.At that time it faced stiff market competition as market
was fully dominated by HLL .
MARKET SHARE ON TOILET SOAP(1999-00)
Measures taken by the company• Nirma products were sold at half price as compared to its rivals.
• Nirma products were available at that time in 25gm, 500gm, 1000gm..
RETAILERS(2mn) • 400 mn consumers
• From one man-one product in 1969 to a 17 bn company
within three decades.
• By 1970, NIRMA dominated the market by making the product available at affordable price.
• For the year 2000 NIRMA’s turnover increased by 17%.
• Acquired KISAN Industries at MORIYA near Ahmedabad in March 2000.
Lesson from the case study
• It is believed that each member is equally important for the organization .
• They provide complete education ,personality development session as well as job oriented programs.
• They belief that this type of program will make an individual better person which leads to high productivity.
Conclusion• Believes in discipline and pleasant working environment.
• Deliver the best satisfaction to customers.
• Focused on quality, empowerment and opportunity rather than price.
907/A Uvarshad, GandhinagarHighway, Ahmedabad – 382422.
Infinity Benchmark, 10th Floor, Plot G1,Block EP & GP, Sector V, Salt-Lake, Kolkata – 700091.
Goldline Business Centre Linkway Estate, Next to Chincholi Fire Brigade, Malad (West), Mumbai – 400 064.